*Tickets may be purchased online, the day of the event or at the Kayak Cafe

Luau Menu:
Kahlua Pork, Huli Huli Chicken, Island Rice, Garden Fresh Veggies,
POI, Tropical Salad, Fresh Fruit, Beverage ana Dessert

Show Schedule:
Island Comedy, Steel Guitar Tone, Island Dance Adventure,
Beach Brothers and Fire Knife Extravaganza

http://alfredosbeachclub.com/tiki_festival.htm

Don't forget about this event the weekend after Oasis!

do i have to buy a hotel room to attend this one? :)

On 2007-08-10 13:00, little lost tiki wrote:

Just bring your beach chair and sunscreen :) WOOOHOOO!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-08-10 14:19 ]

D

nope just a beach chair. Do not forget it's off to Bahooka later that night.

On 2007-08-10 13:00, little lost tiki wrote:

You should buy a clue first

I'd rather buy a letter and a vowel...
F and U! :lol:

I will be there vending. Hope to see many familiar faces...

With Oasis only one week behind us and Bahooka later that same day... I hope.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2007-08-20 10:45 ]

It’s Tiki Beach Festival Time Again!
CAN’T MAKE IT TO THE ISLANDS THIS YEAR? NO WORRIES WE’RE BRINGING THE ISLANDS TO YOU!

Saturday August 25th and Sunday August 26th a free two-day Polynesian Spectacular and Tiki Pop Culture Festival comes to Long Beach.
The two-day beach festival being held in Belmont Shore at the Granada Street Launch Ramp will celebrate Island and Surf culture lifestyle, featuring arts & crafts, food and cultural exhibits for the entire family.

BELMONT SHORE, California – The fifth annual Tiki Beach Festival and Polynesian Spectacular comes to the Granada Launch Ramp in Belmont Shore on Saturday and Sunday August 25th and 26th. This years Event will be dedicated to David Nuuhiwa Sr., a true Hawaiian legend. The two-day event is free of charge and is designed to introduce people to the culture of the South Pacific Islands while providing fun activities that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.

Saturday, the Tiki Beach Festival opens with a sunrise blessing ceremony and will continue with island style events throughout the day. Outrigger canoe rides and “Na Hoku” catamaran harbor cruises will be available.

Lunch will feature the authentic Kamonamoko Smokin’ BBQ and live island entertainment thru out the day, arts & crafts and cultural exhibits.

At sundown on Saturday the official Tiki Luau and Polynesian Spectacular begins. Guests will enjoy a mouth watering Island buffet while being entertained by Tahitian and Hawaiian dancers and musicians. The evening concludes with a spectacular fire knife dance show. Tickets for the Luau Spectacular are $30.00. To purchase tickets or for more information call (562) 434-1542

Sunday will be a pop culture celebration of all things “Tiki”, with vendors and entertainment. There will be a BBQ cook off and the 3rd annual Kanine Kahuna Kontest. An afternoon of live music and hula dancing, something for the whole family, look forward to seeing you at this year’s event.

bump

its coming up soon...

S

Question?
Do we have to buy the Luau Dinner in order to see the fire Dance and other shows?
Can we see the Show even tough we dont want the dinner?

Thanks

CA

Wow Oasis! and in a few days T-Beach Fest.... more #80 mugs and Limited #1&2's of 25 each.....

Beer taps pulls Toooooooo!!

more to come........

aloha friends,
we are going to drop in and do a very informal somewhat acoustic show on saturday afternoon,
so if you are around drop by and say hi.
cheers
tony and the martini kings

what time Tony?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

WoooHoooo! 2 More Days!!

LONG BEACH - Tiki Beach Festival. 7th Annual Tiki Beach Festival and Polynesian Spectacular includes a Luau, Island Arts and Crafts Marketplace, Uncle David Tribute, Fire Knife Dancers, Hula Girls, Live Music and Dancers all day, Tiki Carvers, Luau and Polynesian Spectacular at Night, Shaved Ice, Tiki Bar and Lounge, Kahalua Pork, Outrigger Canoe Rides, 100's of Tikis for Sale, Island Cultural Center and Workshops, Kids' Zone, Fresh Leis, Catamaran "Nahoku" Rides, Kanine Kahuna Contest, Fresh Fruit Smoothies and the big Hawaiian Vacation Giveaway. Time: Both days - Sunrise to Sunset. Luau Show tickets are available @ $30/ person and includes Luau Dinner... There will be a limited number of tickets. Location: Alfredo's Beach Club. Call: (562) 434-1542. Address: 5411 E Ocean Blvd., Long Beach, CA (Granada Street Launch Ramp). http://www.alfredosbeachclub.com

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-08-23 10:20 ]

Yet more information...
Grunion Gazette: Tiki Festival

I'll probably stop by on Sunday. Don't all the vendors sell all the good stuff on Saturday!

On 2007-08-24 12:15, TikiJosh wrote:
I'll probably stop by on Sunday. Don't all the vendors sell all the good stuff on Saturday!

The Vendors sell the "Good Stuff" all Weekend Long :) It's like shopping at Costco when you see something you like you need to buy it because if you go back for it, it won't be there :)

Entertainment Schedule

Saturday, August 25th

*10:00am Festival Blessings Given by "Lopaka" Chiefs Pops
*10:15am Conch Blowing Ceremony (Anyone can participate who has a conch shell)
*11:00am Titus Napoleon & Friends Hawaiian Jams
*12:00pm Puahi's Polynesian Dancers, Temecula
*1:00pm Kea Nue Nue Halau "Traditional Hawaiian Dances"
*2:00pm Lei POlynesian Lake Forest
*3:00pm Dave Brocks "Hawaiian Kenpo Martial Arts Demo"
*4:00pm DJ Sounds & Atmosphere Music
6:00pm Luau Begins

Sunday, August 26th
*12:00pm Ukulele Racals "Hawaiian Uke Music"
*1:00pm Kanine Kahuna Contest
*1:15pm NaKipa Hawaiian Sounds of Tradition" Nappy & Friends
*2:30pm Hawaii & Pacific Dancers
*3:15pm Ku'lolo Halau "Traditional Dances and Music of Hawaii"
4:00pm Island Bazaar Strummers "Ukulele At Its Finest" by Shirley
5:00pm Beach Brahdah's From the OC Island Contemporary Music

The Vendors are all set up and have tons of stuff for all your Tiki Needs. Look for the following vendors when you get to The Long Beach Tiki Fest:

Crazy Al
Tiki Diablo
Bosko
Bar Tiki
Smokin Tiki
Monkey Man
Tiki Maker

Smoking Tiki takes a Smile Break

Monkeyman gets framed

The "Masters" Tiki Diablo & Bosko at work

SoccerTiki & Crazy Al pose for a pic

A Future TCer

For those of you that SURVIVED Oasis look what you have forward to this weekend:

8th Annual Tiki Beach Festival, Long Beach, CA

Long Beach Ho’olaulea

T

Will Bosko and Diablo be at this one too ?

Hey Tikiyaki, to be honest I just found out about this? I am guessing no for me I haven't even had a chance to unload the stuff in my truck from Oasis, we'll have to see about Danny.
If there is any change I'll post it.

Bosko

B

well shoots, we didnt hear about this until today, so the award-winning GHOULIGANS HUT will NOT be making an appearance (Tiki Farm, Badland Beads and the eye-damaging art of Dave Lozeau and BigToe).

I will try to show up on Sunday to heckle the carvers.

Oh and maybe Calitiki can change the thread title so it reflects THIS YEAR's dates. :D

[ Edited by: BigToe 2008-08-19 11:00 ]

I live spitting distance from this event, but will be in Vegas visiting the folks! I feel like such a bad ambassador to Long Beach. Woohoo and Soccer will definately represent!

On 2008-08-19 10:05, TIKIBOSKO wrote:
Hey Tikiyaki, to be honest I just found out about this? I am guessing no for me I haven't even had a chance to unload the stuff in my truck from Oasis, we'll have to see about Danny.

Bosko

Well, THAT's lame...they didn't contact you. See you at the next one then.

Do you have your TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA CD YET ?
http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2008-08-19 14:15 ]

On 2008-08-19 10:05, TIKIBOSKO wrote:

Bosko

Just keep your truck loaded then! I'll help you unload it in Long Beach if you want! :P

O

On 2008-08-18 16:46, WooHooWahine wrote:
For those of you that SURVIVED Oasis look what you have forward to this weekend:

8th Annual Tiki Beach Festival, Long Beach, CA

Long Beach Ho’olaulea

How about for those of us that had to miss TO because of a #@%*& work emergency.
I talked with Alfredo's and some of the others about the festival yesterday.
They said rather than charge for a Luau this year, they wanted everyone to enjoy the hula and fire dancers. Anyone at the festival can watch them for free. Plenty of entertainment, food and drink. Carvng by Tiki Diablo andCrazy Al. Great music planned.

Hey Crazy Al! Planning on chopping to llve music? Or maybe you and Tiki Diablo can have a Tiki Throwdown? Like lumberjacks with a time limit? You can let Grog be the judge if he is there.

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2008-08-19 13:16 ]

TM

Lucas Vigor and Tiki Bong from the Hula girls will be performing saturday morning with Pat Enos and Uncle Titus.

Lucas
what time?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

TM

A hang- over challenging 10 o'clock in the morning!

Good thing Bong and I are early birds!

I am not sure exactly what, but there is some event going on in the morning, that's why they have live music. I have no idea what songs we are going to play, but I am sure it will be fun. Basically whatever Titus wants.

On 2008-08-19 14:14, lucas vigor wrote:
Lucas Vigor and Tiki Bong from the Hula girls will be performing saturday morning with Pat Enos and Uncle Titus.

WooHoo! Can't wait to see you :)

TM

On 2008-08-19 14:48, WooHooWahine wrote:

On 2008-08-19 14:14, lucas vigor wrote:

WooHoo! Can't wait to see you :)

And I, you!

We will be there on Sunday, all day :)

O

I got this off Alfredo's site

Entertainment Lineup
Saturday August 23, 2008
Titus Napolean - 10:00am to 10:30am
Mele Ohana Ukulele Hui - 11:00am to 11:45am
Puahi`s Polynesian Revue - 12:15pm to 1:00pm
Kekaiulu Hula Studio - 1:30pm to 2:15
The Jerome Grey Trio - 2:45 to 3:30pm
Aloha Hula Studio - 4:00pm to 4:45pm
Nalu Boyz - 5:15pm to 5:45pm
Le Polynesia - 6:00pm to 7:00pm

Sunday August 24, 2008
Okima - 10:00am to 10:30am
Kaleponi Ukulele Hui - 11:00am to 11:30am
Tago Le Pasifika - 12:00pm to 12:45pm
Healii O Na Lani - 1:15pm to 2:00pm Kuaana (Nappy & Co.) - 2:30pm to 3:15pm
Kaleo `Onalani - 3:45pm to 4:30pm

On 2008-08-19 10:55, BigToe wrote:
well shoots, we didnt hear about this until today, so the award-winning GHOULIGANS HUT will NOT be making an appearance (Tiki Farm, Badland Beads and the eye-damaging art of Dave Lozeau and BigToe).

I will try to show up on Sunday to heckle the carvers.

Oh and maybe Calitiki can change the thread title so it reflects THIS YEAR's dates. :D

[ Edited by: BigToe 2008-08-19 11:00 ]

Tom, this show has been going on for years... where ya been!?!
Holden

See everybody on Sunday!!

I have gone for years, Every other year it's great which means every other years it's just okay, so according to this, this year should be great. The first year I went to the luau with Atomikitty and some other friends, we had reservations for it and when we got there they were out of tables, even with reservations! We had to make do and try eat messy food on our laps, now if you know me & atomikitty we dress up so it kinda sucked that I got food on my nice vintage Hawaiian dress. The food was just okay. Now the next year I skipped the luau and bought some food from a food stand they had and it was excellent, tiki tony was there which was great, I bought two of his monkey's that were in the tiki art show 2, then there was Al and he brought alot of his tiki's that he has done through the years. The next year was a bummer again, no good food stands and it seemed to be missing alot of the amazing vendors, there were a couple of good ones, but not like before. So I am hoping that this one will be great as it's time for a good one again. So I am crossing my fingers. I live walking distance from it so I always go, I can hear the drumming at my house.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Long Beach Press Telegram

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2008-08-23 14:37 ]

ow my this one Flew by me , was gonna hang with Kirby & Polly , another one down the Tube .

TIKI TIMES .

Well I was wrong about this one being the on year for this event as every other year has been bad then good, this was one of the worst one's yet, I was there a total of 15 minutes and left. I don't think I will attend it anymore. All the booths were pretty much same except for Al's and the tiki's for $100, they were the only 2 good ones. I brought money to spend but left with nothing. Oh well. It's suppose to be a tiki event, but where is all the tiki?

Yeah, it was a little bit of a bust. The performers are good, but the vending leaves a bit to be desired - TC ohana excluded of course. A lot of Party City-ish tiki and faux-islander Hawaiian stuff. I only stayed for a few minutes and walked through twice. I did run into Hinano Paul, Mrs. Lurker, WooHoo and Soccer in the short time that I was there. (Thanks Mrs. Lurker for saving me from the L.B. Beach Patrol!) I'll probably go down again tomorrow to see if it's any better, if nothing else it's a place to walk my dogs. And it's free.

Oh yeah, was that this guycarving Tikis with a chainsaw out on the sand? If so that guy is NUTS!

myspace.com/anotherdayinthelbc

[ Edited by: Jason Wickedly 2008-08-23 23:13 ]

[ Edited by: Jason Wickedly 2008-08-28 13:50 ]

CA

back again... see you today... i'll have only 5 Ape skulls in and for sale at the Oasis price!! just for today.. now i have to get my ar'ss there..

It was the perfect weekend to hang out and have some fun in the sun. The entertainment which lasted throughout the day was Tiki-rrific!!

Here's some pics of the carver with the chainsaw

O

Long Beach Tiki Fest Summer 2008

Pages: 1 2 57 replies