Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Created a new space for the Tiki Bar With No Name

Pages: 1 37 replies

After much debate and heartache (not to mention heat, cold and dust) we have decided to temporarily locate "Chattarunga" in our living room until we add the 345 square foot room on the back of our cramped 1,100 square foot house.

The garage just did not seem to be working out for the bar.

I am in the process of putting it all together. Here are a couple of shots and I will add more later!

WWII Era GI custom built bar!

Wall o' objects (yeah, I know I said I wouldn't put up the Burke Tyree nude, but what the heck, I can cover it up when my not so tolerant family visits)!

99% wood carved tikis (note the irony on placing them over the fireplace)!

First "themed" shelve for the Islander Stockton!

More sooner than later!

Pyscho Tiki D (I know I am and I am finding out I have more stuff than room)!

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-08-20 18:22 ]

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2017-02-21 14:23 ]

Shot of the "Wall O' Harvey;s Hula Girls...

Three different variations (not including height).

PTD

Dayum.....looking good PTD!!! I luuuuuv the bar and chairs....very awesome. Fancy collection and I really like that warehouse stacking for the duplicates...they look nice like that. Eagerly awaiting more pix. :D

Sweet! Can't wait to see it's final home!

Tiki Bill.

ahhhh, another great room!!!
I'm jealous!
PEa

These are for Tiki Bill...

Enjoy bro!

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-07-17 11:44 ]

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-07-17 11:50 ]

Quite the impressive robot colection! My wife will be jealous (the robot colection is hers). Excelent mug colection as well. Keep em coming!

Tiki Bill.

A few more snaps..slow but steady progress!

More "warehouse stacking".

Bamboo framed "Matson Lines" menus and ceramic Westwood masks.

Shelf with some mugs and assorted other stuff.

More tiki mugs and stuff!

Back to work! Although you get to that point of the day where this pretty much sums it up:

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and I think I might have to thin the herd out).

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-07-17 17:40 ]

Please!

Do something with that god damn ceiling!!!

Otherwise..........Rock on!

What Boobam said...Ceiling = single most important aspect of any tiki illusion.

Looking good PDT!!!
You got plenty extra Harvey's mugs... do you use them for serving friends?
Aloha,
:tiki:

T

On 2007-07-17 21:26, RevBambooBen wrote:
Please!

:

On 2007-07-18 05:31, TikiLaLe wrote:

On 2007-07-17 21:26, RevBambooBen wrote:
Please!

:

On 2007-07-18 00:03, Tiki Royale wrote:
Looking good PDT!!!
You got plenty extra Harvey's mugs... do you use them for serving friends?
Aloha,
:tiki:

Pretty much any of my mugs can and are used to serve drinks, however I do prefer to use ones I have multiples of, in case of an accident!

PTD

Besides, the ceiling isn't white, it is ultra white.

PTD
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LOL!!!

ok. Your off the hook.

But, if it was just white then we'd have a problem!!

Couple more shots..

Mark Thomas Outrigger.

Still working.

Behind the bar lies more.

Variations of the same mug.
PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-07-18 19:05 ]

Your mug collection makes me want to fire up the blender! My wife was jelous of the "Robbie" you have (in your robot colection). Every one we've found is SO expensive.

Tiki Bill.

[ Edited by: Tiki Bill 2007-07-19 14:13 ]

Some more pictures for Tiki Bill...

I will have more once I move the tiki stuff around...it got mixed in with the space stuff!

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-07-19 13:53 ]

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-07-19 16:54 ]

Some new shots today...

Stockon Islander Redo.

28 Harveys "Sneaky Tiki" buckets, only 2 more to go to fill this shelf!

Stockton Islander 3 faced buckets and coconut mugs from the Stockton Islander and Trader Vics.

Three faced bucket variations; No markings, Lanai San Mateo, The Islands Phoenix, The Islander Stockton, Mark Thomas Outrigger Montery and The Tonga Room San Francisco.

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and I iz what I iz, cuz)!

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-07-19 17:07 ]

Beautiful!!!!!!
what a great set-up,
and you are such a collector.......I'm gonna drink at that bar soon!

and not a long way to stagger home.

which...makes it even more beautiful!!!!!

PTD you are truly a psycho and looking at the awesome collection you have I have to say you're my new hero. Wow.

I have a meager robot collection. I'm not worthy.

I have some aliens also.

My wife refers to my computer room as "Scott's World" and when she's complaining to her girlfriends about what a geek I am (she married me) she says, "I think he could launch the space shuttle with all the computer crap he's got in there." No, not yet, I tell her.

Moai variations from Trader Dicks, Reno Nevada...

Moai row...

Some "bowls", Trader Vics and Luau salt and pepper shakers and Vics ashtrays...

X-Files artist proof, for my space buddies (sorry about the flash, tight area to snap pic)!

Thanks for stopping by!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and I know it's fun)!

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-07-20 14:17 ]

KILLER bar, PTD!

And the warehouse stacking of your duplicate mugs looks GREAT!

Looking forward to seeing your permanent installation...

Awesome X-Files print. You have got an amazing place. Cheers!

love the mug collection!

tj

[ Edited by: tiki junkman 2007-07-21 22:36 ]

A little off the subject, but nonetheless cool is the fountain I picked up from Jungle Trader yesterday...

I requested Jungle Trader to carve me a "Witco-esque" fountain (his first fountain)! He did an amazing job and cut me a deal to boot.

I will post another picture when I finish sealing it and placing the tiki in it's place of honor.

Thanks again, Jungle Trader!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and I'll see you later)!

Got a question?...if you don't mind.I found a mug at an estate sale.Looks like one of yor your "trader Vics" Moai Variations;though has solid brown base matching outer mug glaze,and no visible markings I can detect.Is this something you've run across before?....

On 2007-07-30 02:42, insanetikiers wrote:
Got a question?...if you don't mind.I found a mug at an estate sale.Looks like one of yor your "trader Vics" Moai Variations;though has solid brown base matching outer mug glaze,and no visible markings I can detect.Is this something you've run across before?....

I have yet to come across an unmarked one in brown with the brown glaze on the bottom. I am pretty sure this mug was used by other establishments as I have seen them in pictures on menus. I have some black ones that are unmarked, as well as some that are marked from tiki bars. Does it have a concave bottom?

PTD

Still a work in progress with many other projects going on...more shots today. :)

Tiki fountain placement outside of Chattarunga.

Swizzle sticks and assorted others.

Still a work in progress.

Bottles and lighters.

Mostly "Treasure Craft".

Mostly "Daga".

More gratuitous "Space and Robot" stuff.

See ya soon, you crazy tiki peeps!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and you are too)!

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-08-20 18:25 ]

Krist all mighty....you are killing us PSD....UDAMAN!!! What an awesome collection....I love it all. Your organized displays are store-front worthy. :lol:

On 2007-07-30 06:11, Psycho Tiki D wrote:

On 2007-07-30 02:42, insanetikiers wrote:

I have yet to come across an unmarked one in brown with the brown glaze on the bottom. I am pretty sure this mug was used by other establishments as I have seen them in pictures on menus. I have some black ones that are unmarked, as well as some that are marked from tiki bars. Does it have a concave bottom?

PTD

Sorry just saw you had answered.No the bottom is flat covered in same glaze.Thanks.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Oct 29, 2007 1:58 PM

No Iron Giant or Big Guy from Big Guy and Rusty in your robot collection?

On 2007-10-29 13:58, GROG wrote:
No Iron Giant or Big Guy from Big Guy and Rusty in your robot collection?

Sorry, no to the aforementioned however they sound intruiging, do you have them. I did, at one time have the Gigantor robot, but gave him away to one of my friends.

Thunderbirds are go!!

PTD

Did you make your bar? Is is fantastic! I am working with my dad to get my bar built and I sent him pics of yours for inspiration because it is gorgeous!

I wouldn't complain about seeing more shots of that bar - especially the back...

Hey Psycho Tiki,

You need a full-size robot like this.....

http://www.b9robotbuildersclub.com/

I had my about 50% built about 5 years ago, gave up and sold it..

BTW- Love the bar!!!

I feel honored to now count myself as one of the the lucky dawgs who got to experience the PTD home of insane collections. The Chattarunga Room is a jaw-dropping encounter, I didn't even notice the ultra white ceiling as I was too busy taking in all the awesome mugs, velvets, the swizzle collection, tikis, and art work crammed into the lounge. The live cat action was a great addition to the Mai Tais too. :lol:

Each room is decorated with various collections...all very tastefully displayed with loving care. The robot room is to die for!!! The menu collection display will eventually be great...it is so nostalgic looking through those menus and especially at the prices. :o

The most fun I had was looking through PTDs scrap books of match covers. Absolutely a hoot...and I sure am sorry I missed going to the "Crampy Pancake House" I am sure a full stack there would have been memorable. :D

Did some consolidating and rearranging to create a permanent space in our garage. This will be an ever evolving and changing space and will never actually be considered complete. For the time being, this is my progress so far-

Mahalo,

PTD

H

What an amazing collection, looks awesome.

Pages: 1 37 replies