Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Pier Luigi Garau italian painter.

Pages: 1 11 replies

Dear community, my name is Pier Luigi Garau and i want to introduce myself in this community.I friend of mine at Myspace has sent me the link of this wonderful Forum.He´s BENZART....

I´m a painter and my main themes are Myths and ancient cult figures...I have a homeage: http://www.myspace.com/pierluigigarau

I made a limited series about Rapa Nui....Nine oil paintings (60x80 cm) about one of my favorites islands.:)
I come from Sardinia, the oldest island in the mediterranean Sea and there are a lot of similitudes with the Rapa Nui culture.
Now i´m living and working in Germany.

I will sell some works in the next weeks.
I hope you will joyn myspace and check my Tikis:-)

I WISH YOU A WONDERFUL DAY
Best regards

Pier Luigi Garau

This is a new little oil on canvas about one sardinian bronze figure:

The "Nuraghic" culture of Sardinia derives its name from the stone towers or nuraghi that dot the landscape. These monuments served as citadels for a warrior society whose members are frequently the subjects for narrative figural art. Sardinian bronzetti reflect the "Nuraghic" people's facility with metal and served as votives and gifts to the gods.

Best Regards.

Pier Luigi

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jul 25, 2007 8:31 PM

Looks great! Welcome to TC :D Make sure you post plenty of your polynesian themed art :D :D

Hello dear community, i hope all is well.I would like to introduce a part of my sardinian culture: "The Mamuthones".
I made this oil on a egyptian papyrus.

The Mamuthones are probably actors who performed pagan rituals in ancient times but whose precise origins and meaning have been lost in the centuries, Sos Mamuthones (12/14 members) and Issohadores (8/10) have manteined intact their fascination and mystery.

"Without the Mamuthones there is no Carnival, say the people of Mamoiada. Theu are its most important feature, its symbol, almost. Their appearance is taken as a sign of festivity, happiness and times of grace.
The preparation of the masquerade creates an industrious ardour, a frantic, thrilled atmosphere that spreads to the whole community.
That of the Mamuthones is a solemn ceremonial, an orderly procession and dance at the same time.

The Mamuthones, in two parallel rows and flanked by the Issohadores, move very slowly, bent under the weight of the cowbells and, at regular intervals, lift their shoulder shaking the bell harness all at the same time. The Issohadores move with more agile steps and jumps, then, suddenly, they run, swiftly throw their lasso ("Sa Soha") to catch and pull towards them as prisoner the male friend or the woman they have singled out in the crowd."

Tell me what do you thing about this figure...there are a lot of similitudes between the sardinian and the Rapa Nui culture.

Best Regards.

Pier Luigi

Looks pretty scary to me. Kind of looks like a character out of a Roger Corman Poe film!

Nice history lesson to go along with the artwork, thanks!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

very interesting work! What medium are you working with - it looks like pastels a bit!
What size do you work in.

Would like to see more of the wahines and love the feel of the moai!

Welcome to the group!

Hello my friend, thank you very much for your compliments.
I made this oil on a 50x60 cm egyptian papyrus.

Please check myspace at http://www.myspace.com/pierluigigarau

I added you as my friend :)

Thank you and greetz.

Pier Luigi

Hello my dear friends....what do you think about one of my last oil about the limited series calles "Ciclo Polinesiano".

Please post your comment...i will appreciate.

Best regards.

Pier Luigi

Hello my dear friends of Tiki Central....what do you think about my moais???

Greetz from Frankfurt

Pier.

This is my new tiki..an 60x80 cm oil on canvas.

Have a great weekend....

Pier Luigi Garau

Hello my dear friends of Tiki Central...i´m selling one of my limited edition Moai called: "Rapa Nui Limited Edition Number 3"

Please check the ebay page at :
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220143411377&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=012

Greetings from Frankfurt

Pier Luigi

Thank you for sharing your beautiful paintings. :)

Pages: 1 11 replies