Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Tiki Speakers on Ebay!

Pages: 1 34 replies

I think these are really cool and I thought I'd share. I am new to these forums and was wondering if you all agree? If you have a set already, let me know how they are working out- I bought a pair for $100 with shipping- Just got them today but haven't opened them yet -gotta go to work(bummer) They offer a Buy It Now for $79.99 or Best Offer -I offered $70 & they took it + the standard $30 shipping. Now all I need is a stereo outside to hook them up to(haha)!
Here is the info

Here is a link...:)
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-New-Outdoor-Tiki-Speakers-Patio-Water-Resistant-160W_W0QQitemZ110149735764QQihZ001QQcategoryZ14995QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
or just search "tiki speakers" on ebay...It says there are 6 sets available...

This is a pair of brand new, factory sealed, never been opened TikiToonz outdoor party speakers that retail in stores for $300. Perfect for back yards, patios, house boats, pool areas, and spa settings. Don't let other knock off brands fool you, these are great sounding, reliable, and durable speakers. They’re weatherproof against all conditions including salt, rain, and pool chemicals. They’re housed in silicone sealed glass reinforced resin enclosures. They won't rust, decay, or wear out. These have been designed and engineered in the USA and are tested and warranted to last outside. Not only are these speakers built solid, but they sound even better. They’ll each handle up to 160 watts of rock solid power so even your neighbors can hear them. Complete with 50 feet of burial speaker cable, wire connectors, and a 30 day money back guaranty. We are an authorized TikiToonz Internet dealer. These come with a full 1 year warranty. Don’t be gouged paying high retail prices! Dimensions: 8 1/8”W X 16 3/8” H X6 1/8” D

Those are VERY cool!!!

Welcome to TC too!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

took your advice and got a pair this morning....i've been waiting for the day when someone would finally create tiki speakers....seemed like the next logical step in neo tiki products....hope these sound good....

T

Me too....

How could I NOT ? I'll be mixing the next Tikiyaki Orchestra Record on these babies....I use several sets of speakers when working.

Thanx for the heads up, Helen.

Please post an update when you get 'em installed and working...

I suspect a few things but I'd like to hear responses before blasting something based upon specifications and description alone.

I'd suggest rolling some of the bottom end out of your signal (EQ or Bass knob) since the specs state they go no lower than 50Hz. You might even want to find one of those "Subwoofer Rocks" to help round out the sound if you're looking to really crank it.

Sorry to come off as such an "audio geek". :wink:

Hey all! Thanks for the replies and I'm glad you like them too! I can't wait to hear how they sound! I'm posting a pic I found on the original site where they are going for an introductory price of $150+$30 shipping. The guy who makes them also has a page on Myspace...(TikiToonz) I'm suprised he's not advertising these here! The ebay site says it's an authorized dealer so I'm assuming they are working together...Maybe he's testing the tiki waters or just trying to get leverage to mass produce them, anyways- when ebay sells out -there's still tikitoonz.com. Also, this site says they have new products coming soon, can't wait to see what they come out with next!
Here is the link-
http://www.tikitoonz.com/index_files/Page433.htm

Wow!I think this looks so Cool! Is that someone's backyard?!?
I wonder how much for the whole setup?(haha)
LotsaLove
Helene

I just bought a pair too.

On 2007-07-19 09:48, otikiniko wrote:

I suspect a few things but I'd like to hear responses before blasting something based upon specifications and description alone.

I'd suggest rolling some of the bottom end out of your signal (EQ or Bass knob) since the specs state they go no lower than 50Hz. You might even want to find one of those "Subwoofer Rocks" to help round out the sound if you're looking to really crank it.

at this price, i don't mind if i have to gut em' and put in better speakers and what not....it's worth the tiki casing alone....but i'l post when i get em and let you know how they sound...if i have to re vamp them i'll let you know what i did so you all can do it too if you like....i may have to get another pair so i can use the tiki casing and make portable radios out of them to take on my bike to the beach!! just buy a cheap radio, take out the guts and reinstall them in the tiki!!..but i'll wait till i see what other products they have..maybe they already have a tiki radio in the works!!

On 2007-07-19 09:52, helene00731 wrote:
Hey all! Thanks for the replies and I'm glad you like them too! I can't wait to hear how they sound! I'm posting a pic I found on the original site where they are going for an introductory price of $150+$30 shipping. The guy who makes them also has a page on Myspace...(TikiToonz) I'm suprised he's not advertising these here! The ebay site says it's an authorized dealer so I'm assuming they are working together...Maybe he's testing the tiki waters or just trying to get leverage to mass produce them, anyways- when ebay sells out -there's still tikitoonz.com. Also, this site says they have new products coming soon, can't wait to see what they come out with next!
Here is the link-

LotsaLove
Helene

that tiki was photoshopped in....the lighting on it is different than it's surroundings!!

the whole thing smacks of a less than clever sales pitch

Thanks for the less than kudos...
Krakatowa
Tiki Centralite
I wish I were so clever to self promote like that. I end up keeping my best secrets to myself though- thank you very much....no need to turn the thread ugly... I thought posts were to share the cool things in life -not to remind of us of the bad- silly! I'm just a crazy girl into tiki & I thought I'd share. To all that got me -party on!
maholo to you too,
XXOOX
LotsaTikiLove
Helene

You're absolutely right... my apologies.

Its all supposed to be in the spirit of fun.

M

Settle down you two! The gods are watchin! Play nice like and all will be fine!

Mahalo

McTiki

Don't you two make me stop this thread!

Signed: Mom

On 2007-07-20 07:22, rugbymatt wrote:
Don't you two make me stop this thread!

Signed: Mom

Seriously, I apologized. It's cool. :)

T

They are cool.
But I wish they were bigger, 16 inches is not that big.
For a speaker thats is.

On 2007-07-20 07:56, tikiskip wrote:
They are cool.
But I wish they were bigger, 16 inches is not that big.
For a speaker thats is.

true enough skip, but when these are the only tiki speakers in town, i'm not gonna be picky....if i could trot on down to the tiki speaker outlet and pick up a huge pair i would, but they don't exist. a pair of giant tiki faces with no body might be cool too!!

On 2007-07-19 10:29, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

On 2007-07-19 09:52, helene00731 wrote:
Here is the link-

LotsaLove
Helene

that tiki was photoshopped in....the lighting on it is different than it's surroundings!!

The whole picture looks like a photoshop job. Look at that waterslide. I would hate to be the one sliding down----right into the concrete planter!
Anyway, the speakers have a nice look and I agree with Tipsy, you could just gut them if they sound like deuce.

T

On 2007-07-19 19:27, helene00731 wrote:
Krakatowa
Tiki Centralite
I wish I were so clever to self promote like that. I end up keeping my best secrets to myself though- thank you very much....no need to turn the thread ugly... I thought posts were to share the cool things in life -not to remind of us of the bad- silly! I'm just a crazy girl into tiki & I thought I'd share. To all that got me -party on!
maholo to you too,
XXOOX
LotsaTikiLove
Helene

Sweety, you do have to watch for the 'koolkids' they are ready to pounce and they pounce ....watch out !!!!

..wow...i ordered mine yesterday morning and they showed up this afternoon...heavy little suckers!! they are a substantial size.....haven't got them hooked up yet but the delivery turnaround time was incredible.....

T

Tipsy... Just a little tit bit ..anything shipped from within your own state gets to you the next day ... Just a tit bit in case you ship anything !!!

K

On 2007-07-20 14:20, TikiLaLe wrote:

On 2007-07-19 19:27, helene00731 wrote:
Krakatowa
Tiki Centralite
maholo to you too,
XXOOX
LotsaTikiLove
Helene

Sweety, you do have to watch for the 'koolkids' they are ready to pounce and they pounce ....watch out !!!!

What exactly do these 'koolkids' look like so I's knows 'em when I see's 'em. Please be sure to deescribe in deep detail, cuz my memory ain't so good 'less I gots atleast 75% of them details deescribed. Tanks.

On 2007-07-20 23:39, KAHAKA wrote:

What exactly do these 'koolkids' look like so I's knows 'em when I see's 'em. Please be sure to deescribe in deep detail,

http://www.englishmedialab.com/photos/ManySidesofKisi/coolkids.html

On 2007-07-20 18:17, TikiLaLe wrote:
Tipsy... Just a little tit bit ..anything shipped from within your own state gets to you the next day ... Just a tit bit in case you ship anything !!!

hmmm..that would explain it...didin't realize it was in state....otherwise i would have picked them up myself and save the shipping cost!!! ........... dammit!!

So how do they sound? How do they look? Are they worth it? Are you happy?
How bout a review, kids?

This particular ebay retailer will no longer carry these speakers... they were getting rid of their existing stock.

They said they may carry something similar in the future.

Looks like you got a good deal.

K

http://www.englishmedialab.com/photos/ManySidesofKisi/coolkids.html

Well all right Mr. Buzzy. I'm gonna go get me one of them out fits like them there koolkids so I can buy me a set of tiki speakers right and proper. Mmmmmmmhmmm.

PA's not too far away so hopefully mine will show up early next week. "Check, check, 1..2...check 1..2"

On 2007-07-19 09:48, otikiniko wrote:

GEEK ! Actually, when I do mixing and mastering, I use 2 different sets of computer speakers as well as my KRK ST6's. You want the finished product to sound good on standard consumer speakers as well as the pro audio ones. The fact that most people hear music for the first time on the computer these days, means having to make those mixes and masters sound good on the little guys.

That being said, this will be a nice 3rd listening option. Big Speakers, but not audiophile.

Also, I MAY just use these guys in the live Tikiyaki Orchestra set and pipe the jungle sounds trhu them...Put them up at the front of the stage for decor AND sound. :)

And yea, that pic is TOTALLY Photoshopped.

Summer bummer. I just tried out my new tiki speakers and they sound tinny and crappy. The $10 yard sale speakers I've been using sound much fuller and richer. I can't imagine someone paying $300 bucks for these.

wa waa waaaaaaah,

that's the sad truth, eh Thunderlips?

Disappointed!

So I hooked up both sets of speakers, new & old, and together they sound great. The old speakers have lots of bass while the tiki speakers augment the higher end of things. Now I can play my poorly recorded lo-fi garage records in style!

Trying to make the best of it, JP, like when I ordered the Flaming Ambrosia at the Kowloon which was a real let-down. Good thing you were there to salvage it!

Hooked mine up yesterday and the sound really works out in my tiki room.

O

Thunderlips, I'd keep from "crankin' it up" when using both sets of speakers, you risk damaging all of them. If possible I'd run 'em on separate channels from your amp if you have the option of controlling the channels separately. Another suggestion might be to add a crossover inline and adjust the signal to the tikis by ear... I think Rat Shack has something in the cheap/inexpensive variety. (not that I'd advocate the Shack)

It sounds to me like the "box tuning" of the speaker was never matched to the components, generally this decision is made due to the cost. Plus, since it's said to be sealed to the elements, I'd bet there is no port whatsoever... this also makes a small speaker relatively inefficient and prone to overheating.

Tikiyaki, If using these guys with a PA, I'd definitely try and isolate just the signal you're sending through 'em and EQ everything else out just to protect 'em. Needless to say, if they blow out just upgrade to better components and keep on tweakin' them to fit your needs.

At one point I had seriously considered making a set of Tiki Speakers but in order to get the best signal response they'd need to be a good voidless hardwood and have quality innards. Fiberglass and/or plastic make horribly inefficient speaker cabinets especially when using non-traditional shapes. They'd just wind up being too expensive to produce. IMHO I'd opt for a small efficient "hidden" speaker or have custom painted tiki covers/grilles made.

If somebody decides to "gut" one in the hopes of upgrading or re-tuning shoot me a PM, I may have some suggestions for ya'.

I bought two pairs of these and they sound great.

Pages: 1 34 replies