Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

TC'ers into killer Jazz Fusion?

Pages: 1 1 replies

Hello all. Been a while since I've posted here. Just thought I'd pass this along since I'm really into cutting edge Jazz Fusion music.

Knowing this isn't Polynisian in anyway, just thought I'd let people know. My friends band called Altered is playing at the world famous Baked Potato Jazz club tonight. It's not too often you get to see guys of this caliber play in L.A., so as a big Jazz buff... I highly recommend this show. Besides...the Baked Potato is world renoun. If you're a Jazz buff and you're traveling the world to see Jazz, there's a few must see places. The pitt in Japan, The blue note in NYC and the Baked Potato in Studio City. $10 at the door and the shows are (I think) 9 & 11pm usually going on till 1am or so. The Baked Potatos they served are out of this world!! So if anybody doesn't have to work tomorrow and they live close to the San Fernando Valley, I highly recommend this gig.

3787 Cahuenga Blvd West. Studio City, CA 91604
(818) 980-1615

Back to saving the world from it's perils. =P

S

Dig jazz , but not a big " fusion " guy . That said , if I were in LA ( and not Japan ) I would have checked these guys out at your recommendation .

By the way , I've been to the " Pit Inn " a few times ( when I lived in Tokyo ) .

I'm a drummer , and I've always been into jazz , as well as various other musical genres , but never tried to PLAY jazz until a couple of years ago , when I began a self-study adventure in my humble drum house next door to our main house . It's been quite a challenge after playing rock for so many years . I still have a tendency to overplay , and my dynamics still need work . Still , it's been a blast and I'm improving , albeit at a snail's pace . Hehehe...

Pages: 1 1 replies