Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Bedroom ceiling tiki-fied

Pages: 1 7 replies

I did a little work on the house this weekend , and since I haven't been doing any carving lately , I figured I'd post this .

Well actually I do have a new tiki in the works , but not done enough to post yet .

M

Nice detailed work dude! Awesome.

Ok, enough chit chat......go finish deh Tiki

Mahalo

McTiki

C

nice!

That looks great! I was thinking about doing something like that. How did you install it to the ceiling???

It was pretty easy actually , if you have a friend to help . . . unless you use very small sections it's not really a one man job . I used 4 X 11 strips so it was a little unwieldy and would have been impossible by myself .

I just cut it to length , and then held it up and stapled it into the ceiling with an air gun . I had my wife hold up the back part with a broom so it wouldn't pull out while I was tacking it up . The first one sucked , the second one was a lot easier , and after that it was a breeze .

The bamboo splits are just drilled , countersunk and then screwed into the ceiling .

The whole job took a few hours over two different days . I ran out of bamboo and had to go back to the store for more .

S

lookin good mr kotter!

Ooooh....great, you are the second one to post pictures of a ceiling like that recently. I appreciate the instructions, as I think that would look nice on my ceiling some day. My ceiling is 16 foot, so it is going to take a couple of folks that are not acrophobic to do mine. :lol:

Pages: 1 7 replies