Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New Moai at our Tucson warehouse

Pages: 1 14 replies

I decided recently that since we sell alot of Tiki Farm mugs and our other Tiki carvings, we may as well dress up our warehouse a bit. So we mounted 5 Moai statues (a little over six feet tall) in front of our shop today. We mounted them on concrete blocks, then later will add painted stucco. We added a few tiles to the bottom to dress them up a bit . I still have a few more idea to add to this, so stay tuned. And if you are ever in Tucson, please stop by and say hello!

Greg

before

[ Edited by: FlatEarthTrading 2007-07-24 15:27 ]

Looks excellent! Who carved them?

Thanks 4wd. My production manager, Wayan Cobar carved these up for me . He lives in Bali and oversees the carving operation we have there.

Very nice! Industrial Tiki, I love it, very modernist :)

Hope you have a good security system, because based on what I have read in some posts lately, I give it about two weeks before they are gone!

PTD

T

Looks like it could be, undisclosed warehouse/bunker of one Richard 'Dick' Cheney.

T

Hey Greg -

The place is looking good! I'll have to stop in and see what's new on the shelves. Good seeing you at the Gem & Mineral Show.. I hope you had good sales!

Hi Mike,

Good to see you to! Please do stop in sometime!

Greg

They look fabulous....just get some guard monkeys. :D

Today I think I need guard monkeys to start filling sandbags! Its dosn't rain alot in Tucson, but when it does....Yikes! Our street is flooding as you can see is these pics. It's gonna be fun driving home today.

T

I saw the new posts in person yesterday, and they look awesome! Now all you need is a huge tiki-style "Flat Earth Trading" sign out front.

Greg's right about the rain today... we got slammed!

Obviously you need a Outrigger Canoe to escape the Trading Post. :lol:

In my day, back when I was in Tuscon - when the monsoons came you'd find me inside the Round-up on the Benson Highway - hangin out with the old man Dave Webb, before he died. Those were the days!

Those are damn fine heads. (Do you sell such heads as those for those of us with saggy fences?) It's good to see such frivolity for it's own sake being used in a perfunctory building like a warehouse.

Cheers

On 2007-08-01 06:50, Gigantalope wrote:
Those are damn fine heads. (Do you sell such heads as those for those of us with saggy fences?) It's good to see such frivolity for it's own sake being used in a perfunctory building like a warehouse.

Cheers

Yes, we can custom order any height of these Moai's that you may need for a custom project. Email or Pm me for more info.

Pages: 1 14 replies