Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

velvet paintings

Pages: 1 17 replies

I RECENTLEY PURCHASED A VELVET PAINTING OF A POLYNESIAN GIRL, ON RED VELVET IT IS A VERY NICE PAINTING MATTED AND FRAMED BEHIND GLASS SORT OF SHADOW BOX STYLE. IT HAS A STUDIO TAG ON THE BACK THAT READS, T.T. STUDIO OIL ON VELVET #70. THEN THE PAINTING IS SIGNED "MR. TIP" ON LOWER LEFT SIDE. THE GIRL IS HOLDING TROPICAL FLOWERS AND ONE BREAST IS SHOWING. HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS PAINTER OR STUDIO? OR KNOW WHAT VALUE THIS MAY HAVE? THANKS FOR ANY INFO. JIMMY T.

Gotta pic of the painting?

I DO NOT HAVE A PHOTO OF THE PAINTING BUT I WILL TAKE ONE AND POST IT SOON. J-

TM

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

On 2007-07-29 16:11, Tiki Matt wrote:
WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

LOL!

IS THIS THE SHOUTING POST!!!???
WAY TOO LOUD IN HERE!
COULD YOU GUYS KEEP IT DOWN OVER HERE!!???
HARD TO READ WITH ALL THESE FOLKS HOLLERIN!!!!!
:)

J

SHHHHH!
I'M TRYING TO GET SOME WORK DONE!
SHEESH!

if u go here...
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=3129&forum=5&hilite=velvet
you will find more info on velvet paintings on a thread already entitled "velvet paintings"

ptd (i know i am and ssh! be verwy quiet, i'm huntin wabbits)!

hello, thanks for all the help and sugestions you guys gave me. i am new here and don't now all the rules about posting yet. i looked at other post's about velvet paintings and wanted to post these photo's of mine. i paid $25.00 for it at a thrift store, painter signiture is mr.tip. on the back it says t.t. studio oil on velvet #70. any info on artist or value would be apperciated. thanks, jimmy t.

[ Edited by: jimmytillitt62 2007-08-01 14:47 ]

[ Edited by: jimmytillitt62 2007-08-01 14:48 ]

P
Paipo posted on Wed, Aug 1, 2007 3:10 PM

Wow, looks like he grafted 18 year old boobs onto a 12 year old body. That's kinda creepy!

On 2007-08-01 15:10, Paipo wrote:
Wow, looks like he grafted 18 year old boobs onto a 12 year old body. That's kinda creepy!

i think what paipo meant to say was: "WOW, LOOKS LIKE HE GRAFTED 18 YEAR OLD BOOBS ONTO A 12 YEAR OLD BODY. THAT'S KINDA CREEPY!". :D

cool that it's on red velvet, and yea- reminds me of some of the seedier manga stuff. are those muppet hands? good price .

On 2007-08-01 19:13, greentikipat wrote:
cool that it's on red velvet, and yea- reminds me of some of the seedier manga stuff. are those muppet hands? good price .

WHAT DID YOU SAY!? SOMETHING ABOUT COOL KIDS?!

BUZZY OUT!

yeah, the hands aren't very detailed. it is a very good painting, it looks better in person. anyone ever heard of this mr. tip? maybe its like a garage studio type of painting. thanks for info.

Im new to this site, I found it while trying to research who painted this lovely velvet.
I cannot seem to find anything about the artist anywhere.

It is titled on the back as
"The Girl and The Tiki"
It is also signed W. Thom of Hollywood
As shown in the photographs
Also as far as dating I'm completely unsure as well in the front signature there appears to be a 7 so it could be 70s.
The only reason I say this is because some of my other velvet nudes from the that era are marked the same.
I could be completely wrong. Any outside information I would greatly appreciate

Aloha,

Hmmm. interesting take on Edward M. Brownlee's Tiki from Canlis...

Hello, I realize this is an old topic but this is the only information I can find about my own painting. Let met explain. My father bought a house in 2007 from a very old couple, well into their 70's-80's. They left a bunch of old antiques including a erotic painting of a bare breasted women. I decided to research and this forum is the only thing I can find with any similar connection. There is no signature on the painting that I can see. There is simply a label on the back that says...

T.T Studio
Original Works Of Art
Bangkok, Thailand. Tel. 78I242
Oil On Velvet No. 31

At the bottom of the frame on the back, there is what appears as a stamped B but part of it is covered by the framing.

[ Edited by: thehindutimes 2012-09-12 12:14 ]

[ Edited by: Bora Boris - Did some straightening. - 2012-09-13 06:09 ]

HT

That's quite the painting there, Hindu. Quite lovely.

Pages: 1 17 replies