Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New HAWAIIAN DICK promo poster...

Pages: 1 16 replies

For those who might be interested. Artist Steven Griffin whipped this up to promote our upcoming series.

I thought it was cool enough to share:

-BCM

K

That is AWESOME!

Very nice....and I love the use of the sherbet colors. :)

Thanks, guys!

Yeah, Steven uses colors no one should use and somehow makes them work.

-BCM

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-20 15:43 ]

On 2007-08-04 11:10, filslash wrote:
Aloha,

What is the latest on the movie, please?

I haven't gotten into this anywhere else yet, but I guess this is an appropriate forum for it.

New Line renewed the option last year, and we have a screenplay and a director attached. But my guess would be that when the final option expires later this month, it'll be up for grabs again. I'd love to see New Line purchase it outright (their only remaining option), but I would bet against that happening.

Not a completely bad thing, mind you. There's more interest in the project out there, and with the right investors, there are great benefits to filming this particular movie in Hawaii.

I'll keep TC posted as things change.

For a long time I was just hoping for any movie to be made, but at this point I'd really like to see** Hawaiian Dick** done well in other media.

Thanks for asking!

-BCM

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-20 15:44 ]

fil,

How about a rummy with tourists?

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-20 15:45 ]

J

Is there a synopsis we can read about the story?

On 2007-08-06 12:38, filslash wrote:
Mahalo for the update BCM. If by other media, you mean a TV series or an ADULT Cartoon, That would be super cool. I still want a movie myself, and have long expressed interest in being an extra!! I want to be a rummy or tourist with my mug in a bar!!!

peace,
fil/

[ Edited by: filslash 2007-08-06 14:14 ]

Well, I still think a movie may happen, but it's a tricky road!

If it ends up shooting, I'll pass along the suggestion of using the TC boards can serve as a talent pool for tiki bar extras.

-BCM

On 2007-08-06 17:52, jpmartdog wrote:
Is there a synopsis we can read about the story?

The Hawaiian Dick website gives you some idea of what you're in for:

http://www.hawaiiandick.com

And there's a terrific wikipedia entry that nicely sums up the first two series. Someone put a lot of work into it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaiian_Dick

Hope that helps!

-BCM

If you accidentally stumble into a comic book shop in a week or so, ask to see the latest PREVIEWS catalog, and flip to this ad:

And berate them into ordering heavily!

-BCM

A preview page from Steven Griffin's backup story, and the cover to number two:

-BCM

Thanks for that great preview. :)

TL

On 2007-08-06 14:09, filslash wrote:

.....put out an open casting call to Tiki Central inviting the membership to be extras in the scene with their favorite vintage Hawaiian clothing and vintage mug...

Abso-tiki-lutely with this one!
Just think of the savings in wardrobe and properties!

That looks awesome!! Is Johnny Knoxville still attached? If its a smart ass character,why not Ryan Reynolds?

Pages: 1 16 replies