Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

poolside tiki bar

Pages: 1 12 replies

T

I built this tiki bar myself. It is still a work in progress, but it gets lots of use anyway. It is 18 feet in diameter and has a 12 foot long bar in it. Multiple 20 amp circuits, ceiling fan, rope lights, sounds, etc...

[ Edited by: tikifarm 2007-08-08 05:14 ]

Welcome to TC tikifarm. Your bar is very professional looking. I'll bet you have some great poolside tiki parties!!! Would love to see a close-up of the bar. :)

A tiki McMansion. Wow! Cool. (and now I have suburb envy again)

T

Very nice !!!! No neighbors in sight, got to luv it !!!!

T

No neighbors period. I have a 45 acre horse and black angus farm situated on the Rappahannock river about 45 minutes from the capital beltway. Peace and quiet.

T

Great bar! 45 acres?! Makes my 2 acres seem claustrophobic...LOL!

Dude! Nice Job!
I keep meaning to try my hand at something like this but it will have to be built pretty solid with the ability to strip down quickly during hurricane season. Such is the price for living in paradise, of course a true paradise would not have three hurricanes grazing you in one season. Would also love to see some close-ups and maybe even a shot of the place in action.

T

On 2007-08-08 08:01, tikifarm wrote:
No neighbors period. I have a 45 acre horse and black angus farm situated on the Rappahannock river about 45 minutes from the capital beltway. Peace and quiet.

Guess I don't have to bring over some steaks !!!!!

T

On 2007-08-08 10:58, Bohemiann wrote:
Dude! Nice Job!
I keep meaning to try my hand at something like this but it will have to be built pretty solid with the ability to strip down quickly during hurricane season. Such is the price for living in paradise, of course a true paradise would not have three hurricanes grazing you in one season. Would also love to see some close-ups and maybe even a shot of the place in action.

The TikiLaLe will not back down from no Hurricane ... The only thing that will be 'strip down' will be the misses !!!!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d622b3127cceb9006b11240400000026100AZtWLZm2ZsWJg

5446 posted on Thu, Aug 9, 2007 9:09 AM

Tiki lale....nice bar stools. Did you buy those online or locally?

K

Wow! Awesome job! How much palm thatch did that take? I went through two rolls on my little bar roof... How close is that torch? :)

Thatch & torches....yikes....better get a tiki fire-extinguisher just in case. You must have a well supplied well, looks like you water a lot of grass. More pictures!!! When is the party? :D

T

The torch is nowhere near the bar. That's just a trick of the photograph shortening distances. If I recall correctly, I think thatching the roof took two full bales plus a nine foot umbrella cover. There is a real shingled roof under all that thatch. I wanted the bar to be watertight. I have weathered some pretty good rainstorms out there. At 18 feet in diameter, even with the wind blowing I can stay nice and dry. On super hot days the shade is welcome too. This winter, the bar comes out and the floor gets flag stoned. Then, I think I'll rebuild a new bar rather than reinstall the existing one. Something with a slate top I'm thinking. Glad you all like my little effort. Stay tiki!

Pages: 1 12 replies