Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Tonight.. back to basics!

Pages: 1 6 replies

O

1 pineapple
1 oz rum
6 ice cubes
blender.

Hollow the pineapple, blend the ice cubes, rum, and guts de pineapple, and then pour back in. Garnish, and serve to your wife, who goes "MMMMM!" and makes slurpy noises.

yeah.. the bottom garnish on the parrot is a cherry tomato. None of us can eat red-dyed things without adverse reactions, and we have tomatos aplenty here in PA right now.. :)

[ Edited by: ootwoods 2007-08-08 15:47 ]

T

... and the right tool for the right job!

http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=1626169

O

I was looking at them today.. are they worth 10 bucks? I did it in about 3 minutes with a melon baller and a sharp knife..

I've had some bad experience with that contraption. The thing about it is, if you're handy with a knife 'n spoon, go for it, don't waste the cash.

Once you start drilling with that, that's the track it's going to stay with, even if it is through the rind and skin of the pineapple.

Leaky Boo-Loo is a no no.

T

I love it, never had a problem. Just be careful when you start and use the right size (it comes with a small and large driller thing)

I've used mine a bunch, and you get pineapple rings... er, corkscrews kinda things.

...can get kind messy, too.

O

can't be as messy as hollowing it with a plastic melon-baller was!

SHeesh!

Your post was very inspirational, so this is what greeted my husband after his long journey home.
Please excuse the lack of tiki vessels and the absense of the pineapple shell: I had gutted them this weekend for a different purpose (you can see one of the soon-to-be-rooted tops in the background) and I was too lazy to go upstairs and get some tiki mugs (it's hot!)

And here's the happy man with his beverage.

All in all, I'd say this was an excellent use of three very ripe leftover pineapples on a very hot day!

Mahalo!

Pages: 1 6 replies