Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Newbe = Hi all tiki woman chainsaw carver

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hi I just found your forum, I think it is lots of fun to look at all the tiki carvings and how talented you all are. I am a woman chainsaw carver from Tennessee. I do make tons of tiki carvings some very large. I also make Totem Poles and animal carvings I use all Cedar Logs because they last forever. I travel all over the USA to make 16 foot tall totem poles. I will post some photos of my art work

[ Edited by: [email protected] 2007-08-09 14:38 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Aug 9, 2007 3:45 PM

a woman chainsaw carver

pictures please. Action pics. There is a yellow Add Images link above the Preview button

B

Good lookng chainsaw tikis. I'll post them for you

T

On 2007-08-09 15:45, teaKEY wrote:
a woman chainsaw carver

pictures please. Action pics. There is a yellow Add Images link above the Preview button

Hehehehe...settle down, sparky!

B

Welcome!
Your a credit to your gender!

The last women carver I heard about was hanging the chainsaw up for quilting. Not really the same but she did make a very nice Polynesian quilt and Ive got nothing against quilts... especially when I'm cold.
Most tend to remind me of my Grandma and Amish people though.

Cant wait to see more. Wouldn't mind seeing some of the totems as well. They are about as indigenous to our area as the Tiki I suppose.

All I have tried to carve so far are palms. may have to get my hands on some ceder soon.

Is it to early to start planning for the next Coontiki? Still brooding over missing the last one. How about a Gatortiki in Gainseville? or a Geriatrictiki in Sarasota.... O.K. the GatorTiki is more likely and more PC I suppose. My apologies to all bluehairs, unless you are in front of me driving 20 mph.

Speaking of Tennessee...
Long Live The King !!

Yes....nice carvings....and a chainsaw to boot!!! :lol: cute Username. More pictures would be good. Your site is great. :)

S

I like this one:

And what about htis:

Where in TN? I'm in Knoxville. We just had a carving class in Townsend.

Geriatrictiki in Sarasota sound good, but not during the Summer. Some are already there, and it would give the rest something to look forward to . . .

Hi all , I am in Indian Mound Tennessee 15 min west of Clarksville, near the 101 air born army base. I did not carve the woman figure posted photo. I can`t seem to load the photos here are the tiki bar stools, maybe someone can figure out how to post them for me thank you,One photo is a metal tiki face I made one photo is a big fox i carved from poplure log.

Love the carvings, and the tiki statue with carvings are great, like a tiki guard...

amy

Pages: 1 9 replies