Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale 2!!! September 23rd - VENDORS pg 2!

Pages: 1 2 68 replies

M

Aloha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALAMEDA, CA – Forbidden Island, is proud to announce the return of our famous Parking Lot Sale! On Sunday, September 23rd from 3-7pm, Forbidden Island will once again host Northern California’s largest sale of collectible & vintage tiki, Hawaiiana, rockabilly, and mid-century modern goods. The sale will feature an incredible selection of original art, collectable mugs and décor, vintage aloha & rockabilly clothes, vinyl, furniture, and much more. We’ll also be offering drink specials and a few surprises. Come early for the best selection- it’s guaranteed to be a sell-out event! Don’t miss it!

Vendors interested in participating should contact: [email protected]

Forbidden Island
1304 Lincoln Ave (at Sherman)
Alameda, CA

Directions and more: http://www.forbiddenislandalameda.com

[ Edited by: martiki 2007-08-13 11:35 ]

[ Edited by: martiki 2007-09-16 13:14 ]

N

AND OF COURSE THE GIANT KUBAR WILL BE THERE!!!!
SO DON'T MISS OUT ON ALL THE FUN AND GRATE DEALS!!!

J

I guess I better start saving up now! This was so much fun last year!
KUBAR! YAY!
And did I hear something about tacos? :wink:

M

Now that all you vendors are back from Oasis, better think about signing up fast for this event, as spaces are filling up!

[email protected]

mahalo!

The Kubar was a big hit at Oasis!

Those TWB Fish Float necklaces were so popular at Tiki Oasis this weekend, I will be tying up another batch of them for the FI Parking Lot Sale. I am hoping to add red ones to the regular line up of light blue, dark blue, green, clear and pink.

Mark your calendars. Start your Christmas shopping early this year!

Aloha!
Myke

S

Myke, those necklaces are really and truly a hit. I love mine!

I'm planning on coming back home to the Bay Area for the sale - The Diva Pinup will be there with her usual fare of fabulous tropical hair accessories to adorn every wahine within 200 miles of Forbidden Island.... so come and see me! I'll need some California hugs after being in the Lone Star state for a whole month. Also, I have some new items I will be debuting there! Can't wait to see all of you again!

Suzanne

THIS JUST IN:

Myke and I officially have a spot at The Parking Lot Sale!! He will have his wonderful Fish Float pendants (...and?)

I'll have alot of things: Vintage and Aloha dresses and other clothing, A few of my tropical print aprons (great for gardening!), jewelry, Tiki mugs and various housewares, and Poly-pop "props" and collectibles. Oh, and quite a bit of fabric, buttons, flowers and sewing and craft supplies (I'm finally organizing The Craft Room and Lund Manor!)

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-08-27 12:59 ]

In a message dated 8/14/2007 8:49:54 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:
We'll put you on the list David- stay posted for more info...

We jumped on this band wagon immediately!

Can't wait!!

Last year's was so much fun!! :D

See you all soon!

Aloha!

TofuJoe and I are going to have a get-together on Saturday, in case anyone would like to make a TC weekend out of it.

Lund Manor is about 2 miles from F.I., so we're (reasonably) centrally located. It's gonna be fun!

CL

We're also celebrating Mai Tai's birthday Saturday night...:)

J

Any chance we can get a list of the vendors as it stands at the moment? I need to start thinking about how much I'll need to budget!

M

soon.

J

Is there gonna be a special mug associated with this event? Just need to know if I should bring the camping chair!

MT

There wasn't one for last year's parking lot sale. But you never know, especially with this year's Summer Of Mug extravaganza.

Will the La Pinata Taco Truck be there? Mmmmmm..... tacos!

TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS

.... err, guess I kinda liked them. That was some Taco producing truck. For some reason, the truck made better tacos than the restaurant it's associated with. Hope it's back this year. :)

I'll be there with my little grass shack...
Cheers!
Tiki King

Aloha!
The lovely Haole'akamai and I will be sharing a spot this year. Please come and see us!

Here is a list of the items I will have for sale at the Parking Lot Sale:

• TWB Fishnet Float pendant necklaces ($10.00 each) and Christmas Ornaments (set of 3 $25.00).
    These pendants will be featured in green, pink, dark blue (cobalt), clear, light blue, red, and a handful of meteor metal (non-transparent). All have an iridescent surface so when you view them in the shade, you see swirls of colors, and in the sunlight, you see the main color. All cording is 48# hemp, and each have been hand tied by me. The Christmas ornaments are sold in groups of 3 (same color). I have a limited supply of these in 2 colors: red and meteor metal. (No picture of the ornaments, but they are the same as the red and meteor here, with shorter cords.) Here they are:

and here they are again modeled by the beautiful wahines, skitiki and croe67, at Tiki Oasis this year. Thanks for letting me use the picture, ladies, and thanks for taking the great picture, MaiTai!!

• Conch Shell Horns ($20.00-$25.00 each). These shells are from the Philipines and drilled (dremel'ed) by me. They are of the pink conch variety and range between 9"-10". I have 6 of these available. And, no batteries required!

• Tiki Mugs. Mugs are priced referencing my findings in Ebay and Ooga Mooga (thanks for that great database of info, Humuhumu!!)

1. Tiki Farm / Shag / 3 pieces: Mutuaga,Manihiki,Kahalu'u (with Shag signed COA and original mailer from Tiki Farm) / #176 of 300
  2. Tiki Farm / Von Franco / Cockeyed Tiki Bush Warrior (with VonFranco signed COA and bottom of mug and original mailer from Tiki Farm) / #119 of 300
  3. Tiki Farm / (artist?) / Tiki Oasis V - Ol' One Eye Moai (with unopened btl containing COA and original mailer from Tiki Farm) / #133 of 250
  4. Munktiki / Paul / Dark green Fugu (3 hole original) / #93
  5. Tommy Bahama / (artist?) / 2005 Just Duet (with original box)
  6. Gecko / Gecko / Tangaroa (with crotch flap and arm bands, standard paint)
  7. Tiki Farm / (artist?) / Suffering Bastard Decanter (green)
  8. CheekyTiki / CheekyTiki / Britiki (special Union Jack paint-job on shield) / #12 of 100

See you Sunday, Sept 23!!! Mahalo.

Myke

M

Aloha!!!!

Clear you calendars, hit the ATM, and get a babysitter- because the Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale is going to be bigger and better than ever!! TONS of vintage tiki, Hawaiiana, vinyl, mugs, carvings, home décor, vintage clothes, rockabilly, jewelry and much more!! The biggest sale of its kind in Northern California. Here are just a few of the incredible vendors we’ve got:

Munktiki
Tiki Farm
Tiki News
Dirty Donny
Jungle Trader
Retro Diva
Tiki Hunter
Diva Pinup
Tiki Diablo
Polynesiac
Alameda Cards & Comics
Tiki King
Fuzzy Dude

So don’t miss out on this once a year extravaganza! Plus: Drink Specials, the return of the Giant Tiki Bar, and the La Pinata Taco Truck!

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 23RD starting at 3:00PM

Remember:
Absolutely no one under 21 is allowed ANYWHERE on the property
Bring lots of $$$- very few vendors will be able to accept credit cards

See you there!

Mahalo!

CL

Yay!!!

Any update on the taco truck?

M

On 2007-09-16 13:13, martiki wrote:

So don’t miss out on this once a year extravaganza! Plus: Drink Specials, the return of the Giant Tiki Bar, and the La Pinata Taco Truck!

CL

Thanks Martin. Sorry, my brain's fried from this new job.

Aloha,

this event sounds like so much fun.

Is anybody coming through the LA area who wants to carpool? Please let me know.
thanks
Marion

For any of you who cannot make the Parking Lot sale, and who might be interested in owning your own TWB Fishnet Float pendant necklace or Christmas ornaments, I will be tying up a bunch more soon. There will be a new posting here on Tiki Central on how to place an order. I should have all colors available.

Thanks so much for your interest!!

Aloha,
Myke

M

If there's anyone on TC who would like to volunteer a little bit- we could use some regulars to (wo)man the FI table, selling bowling shirts, T-shirts, and the new green mug.

Send me a PM if you interested- a great way to enjoy the day and earn a free drink or two!

martin

On 2007-09-16 13:13, martiki wrote:
Aloha!!!!

Clear you calendars, hit the ATM, and get a babysitter- because the Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale is going to be bigger and better than ever!! TONS of vintage tiki, Hawaiiana, vinyl, mugs, carvings, home décor, vintage clothes, rockabilly, jewelry and much more!! The biggest sale of its kind in Northern California. Here are just a few of the incredible vendors we’ve got:

Munktiki
Tiki Farm
Tiki News
Dirty Donny
Jungle Trader
Retro Diva
Tiki Hunter
Diva Pinup
Tiki Diablo
Polynesiac
Alameda Cards & Comics
Tiki King
Fuzzy Dude

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 23RD starting at 3:00PM

Remember:
Absolutely no one under 21 is allowed ANYWHERE on the property
Bring lots of $$$- very few vendors will be able to accept credit cards

See you there!

Mahalo!

Uhmmm...Is this the "A" list of vendors? What about the other guys?

PTD

Aloha,
We won't be there so please know that. I've got the Hula Hula gig in Seattle which I committed to months ago. Fuzzy Dude will be selling our wares though! We just got in a few new designs that they'll have at the sale - even before we debut them online at TF!! We're still qc'ing the remaining batch and very soon, we'll bring you those 2 new ones plus 3 new others! They're in our warehouse now, but we are slamma-wamma-jamma'd w/shipping the Island Hoppers & Kahiki's.

M

Thanks for the support, gang- come to the FI table at the sale and pick up a new mug, bowling shirt, or T-shirt, and say hello to:

Coco Loco
JenTiki
faulknb

and some guy called midnite-something. I think he's new.

On 2007-09-20 18:02, martiki wrote:
Thanks for the support, gang- come to the FI table at the sale and pick up a new mug, bowling shirt, or T-shirt, and say hello to:

Coco Loco
JenTiki
faulknb

Oh sure, Jen, jump my ship.....

Looks like I have taken up lots of space on this topic for the items I will be vending at the Parking Lot Sale. What are the rest of the vendors going to be selling? I need to know how much extra cash I need to bring!!

See you all Sunday!
Aloha,
Myke

M

On 2007-09-20 18:02, martiki wrote:

Coco Loco
JenTiki
faulknb

Let's go with this as the schedule for the FI table:

CocoLoco 3-4pm
JenTiki 4-5pm
faulknb 5-6pm
midnite 6-12am

seems fair.

-martin

M

*midnite 6-12am

seems fair. *

I can do that. I once worked 8 hours straight. Once.

All I need is for someone to get back to the City and "wear" my electronic monitoring anklet within 150 yards of my place by roughly 9pm. Barring an unscheduled urine test, should be no problem at all.

The FI table is going to the bestest table of them all. No other table will even come close to the coolness and exclusivity of the FI table. If you can only visit one table during your time at the parking lot sale, this is the table to see. Don't miss this table, years from now you'll be able to tell the grand kids, "I was there, I bought a lot of stuff from that table, and it was good." Gratuities are not mandatory, but greatly appreciated.

I need a 15-minute break, Boss.
el midnite

S

I will be there with my hair flower accessories, but everyone already knows that. Come and BUY THEM though! I have to pay for the plane ticket I bought!

I can't wait to see you all and I can't wait to come home!

Yay.

Suzanne

S

P.S. Since I can't come home for the SF Crawl, I fully expect to see as many of you as possible this weekend, and very possibly try and get my rum rations for both weekends in! I'll appreciate any help with that anyone is willing to give!

Suzanne

CL

Suzanne, consider it a "mini crawl"...Hinky Dinks, Conga Lounge, and FI all in 1 weekend!!! :D

On 2007-09-21 16:09, Coco Loco wrote:
Suzanne, consider it a "mini crawl"...Hinky Dinks, Conga Lounge, and FI all in 1 weekend!!! :D

Must put out there that we call our place Hinky DRinks, since we, in no way, want to belie our little shack to merit taking the (exact) same name as a famous landmark in Tikidom.

What if it rain tomorrow?

On 2007-09-22 11:02, princessP wrote:

What if it rain tomorrow?

** Oh please! How could you even utter those words?
We have the GIANT KU TIKI BAR :D looking over us and giving us his blessings, I've been checking regularly with my Weather Channel Desktop and it says partly cloudy but no rain! 8)
Since we vendors are being squeezed to an 8'x8' space this year I'll just have to see if one of my neighboring vendors wants to hide under 2 feet of my canopy? ** :wink:

About 15 hours and counting for me!! :lol:

This is such a fun event that we take off work just to be there. See you all tomorrow in-line and in-side, Wendy and Dan

I'm actually going to be there! No leaky house in 'Pedro is going to keep me from forbidden island!!!!

I'm bringing some fish float lamps with me and it may be the last time to get them! I will have 4 or 5 red 12" and maybe a sleightly "blemmished" cobalt blue or green 12". (I haven't checked yet to see what survived the trip)

I'll have some non-lighted 6" floats, some tiki mugs to thin my collection, hand cast and painted (by me - from originals I carved) magnets and pendants available only at the FI parking lot sale.

Stop by and say "Howdy!" See you there!

I'll be bringing a 6 ft. penis, and other things of great interest.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2007-09-23 08:23 ]

Have Fun today!
I hope all you Vendors return home with lighter loads
all the civilians leave with countless treasures and memories
and everybody gets a buzz on!
Have Fun! :D

G
GROG posted on Sun, Sep 23, 2007 9:07 AM

On 2007-09-23 08:22, Jungle Trader wrote:
I'll be bringing a 6 ft. penis, and other things of great interest.

But are bringing anything that you've carved?

N

WOW! What an event! We were part of the first group let in, and it seemed all of the Mug Weirdos ended up at the Munktiki table at the same time, and the grabbing began!! There were six (I think?) of the new Munktiki Original Rotting Flesh Drinking Mugs, and they were snapped up and bought before you could say "Mai Tai" I scored #19, and you can see it already up on OM. I also got the Green Forbidden Island mug, and brought out my #1 Gravedigger to flash around. All of them are up on OM, so check them out! The tacos were great! The Painkillers were dreamy, and I wish it never had to end. Thanks to Martin and the whole Forbidden Gang for making it a wonderful day!

Mmmmmm...... brains.....

Alcoholics to go meetings,
I am a Beverage Connoisseur...

[ Edited by: Nytshaed 2007-09-23 19:23 ]

B

Great event! I wish I had more money to spend. Why does it only have to be once a year??? :)

Another successful Forbidden Island backyard sale/reunion. Every time we go it seems we have more friends there to visit with. We also came home with an armload of tiki treasures. Our only wish is to see FI move to Elk Grove so we can avoid 5 hours in our car, other than that it was perfect. Thank you to everyone who worked to put this together, we are ready for the next one, Wendy and Dan
Before the Bar Opened

After the Bar Opened my husband Dan

Dr. Tiki Mojo our buddy

Otto setting up his booth

Just a small part of the huge sale

Got too busy shopping to take more photos, come on gang add some more!

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2007-09-24 06:47 ]

M

Get your FI souvenirs! The perfect gift. Shirts and mugs, official Forbidden Island logo items. No waiting.

Things are pretty quiet out here. Did I say no waiting?

Should of picked 3-4pm_tiki as my TC name way back when. Who knew?

midnite

ps One more great event, better than last year. I was very happy to see so many old tiki pals out and about. Kudos to all the FI ownership/staff.

Pages: 1 2 68 replies