Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale 2!!! September 23rd - VENDORS pg 2!

Pages: 1 2 68 replies

That was better than last year. Grog, yes, I sold 3 carvings, a ships wheel and a handful of mugs. Thanks UB for helping. Thanks Martin, Conga Mike and Mano. A well organized event.

I'm just dtoked TofuJoe & I were able to score Chongolio's Corner (you know, the far back left corner?).

I'm sure we sold much more because of the residual magic from last year....

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-09-24 09:34 ]

**MAHALOS to everyone who stopped by our booth!!! :D

A special Mahalo to our friend Lila who helped me out all day while Mrs. Mojo was off at the Desert Dance Belly Dance event! :wink:

MAHALO PLENTY TO MIKE, MANO, MARTIN AND THE ENTIRE FORBIDDEN ISLAND CREW....oh, and the guys on the Taco Truck for providing some awesome grub!!! :P

Let's see some more photo posts...I couldn't do any since I'm STILL working on replacing all the stolen equipment! :cry:

Hope to see a lot of you of in wine country for SPOOKYLAU at COPIA -Friday, October 26 with the fabulous MAI KAI GENTS!!!** :lol:

M

Whew!

That was fun! Thank you all so much for coming out and enjoying the sale with us. Big mahalos to our vendors who really brought the goods. I hope everyone had a good time. I thought it went really well!

Here's some pix of the day!

tikiwinebear blows the conch to welcome in the shoppers

Return of the King!

Look for a video on YouTube soon!

Mahalo!

more happy pics

Happy Diablo and Mrs.

Happy Notch

My booth

Scale model I made of Contemporary Polynesian Style Restaurant/Longhouse

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2007-09-25 10:12 ]

Many good drinks + good people + tiki mugs = head full of rocks and an empty wallet. And it was all worth it! Can't wait til the next one(I will have hopefully sobered up by then).

S

Bwahahaha. I spy with my little eye....

Suzanne

T

What is the name of the hat that Otto is wearing? They seem like the in hat at the moment. Where is a good place to buy. And yes, I have a big head.

On 2007-09-25 13:15, teaKEY wrote:
What is the name of the hat that Otto is wearing? They seem like the in hat at the moment. Where is a good place to buy. And yes, I have a big head.

That is not a hat. That is a mug lid!

PTD

M

Looks like some really great merch was up for sale. Sorry I had to miss it this year (out of town). Next year for sure!!!

What a fun time!! Thanks to Martin for organizing this, and letting me welcome the shoppers in by blowing my conch horn. Thanks to everyone attending and thanks to all the vendors for having a great variety of stuff for sale. And a HUGE THANKS to everyone who got a TWB Fishnet Float pendant necklace. (God, I sound like Sally Field...)

I didn't get chance to walk around and chat with everyone as much as I would have liked. Heck, I didn't even make it inside Forbidden Island after it opened. Thank the Tiki Gods that the KuBar was close and dispensing those wonderful Mai Tai's. And the Fish Tacos from the Taco Truck were killers (especially around 3am).

Aloha
Myke

S

It was SO GOOD to be home! Thank you to everyone who helped me out, put me up, bought me drinks and made me smile. :D Here are a few photos I took:

Hinky Drinks:

Gorgeous Rum Selection at Hinky Drinks:

Garden Detail:

That Chiminea I really wanted but had nowhere to put (really kicks out heat, too!):

Paradise in Oakland:

Our Lovely Hostess:

Tofu Joe tries to hide behind the 43 (How's this for an artistic shot?):

My superior Bocce partner mugs with his cocktail:

TikiWineBear looking dapper:

It's the Nui Nuts (and we lost. But we look pretty decent!):

Fun with the Oasis Fez:

Good Form:

Me with Mai Tai:

Rum makes for artistic shots:

The Blue Mug Club:

If you are a skull mug afraid of losing your lid, put a piece of baguette on top of your head. This magic charm works wonders.

Mai Tai's Pendant:

I love this one. Mai Tai is KICKIN' A%$ at Bocce!

Behind the Bar at Hinky Drinks:

My Booth at the sale:

With Apple Venus (I'm enthusiastically pointing at my Zazz button):

Retro Diva:

Artistic Shot of the new green FI Mug:

JenTiki Looking lovely at the FI Booth:

TikiWineBear with his fantastic fish float pendants:

Suzanne and Jungle Trader:

My favorite photograph of all time:

All you need in life is Roller Derby, Frankie, and Tiki:

Cool Gal sporting a new mug and new hair flower:

COOOOOKIE:

Suzanne, JenTiki and Jungle Trader:

Gary, Suzanne and Mai Tai:

That would seem to be a lot of photos, but, dear reader, the very best was saved for last! On my way to the Oakland airport rental car return, what do I spy on the side of the road, but..... it can't be. A WATERMELON?

Upon closer examination, it was, indeed, by the side of the lagoon, a huge slice of WATERMELON!

I had no choice but to have my photo taken with this! I only wished that I had managed to take that class at Okonkuluku U on sacrificial watermelon rites! Oh, how the Gods of Okonkuluku would have been pleased!

:wink:
---Suzanne

(Edited to fix one teensy spelling error. Twice.)

[ Edited by: suzanne 2007-09-27 20:17 ]

[ Edited by: suzanne 2007-09-27 20:27 ]

Those photos were really fun, thank you for posting them. We had a great time and meeting some of you in the photos made it extra good, Wendy and Dan

S

Anyone else have photos?

Suzanne

I was too drunk to even hold up my camera phone. I got a lot of snapshots in my head though.

BS

frick frick frick frick!!!! Why didn't anyone smack me over the head with a dead fish and tell me about this?? I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Except for the part where I was the best man at my friend's wedding that day. Nevermind, I would have skipped that too!

Guess I'm saving my $$ for next year.

My favorite purchase from the parking lot sale.

S

Yummmm! I wish I had one of those right now.

Suzanne

In reply to Suzanne's post:

The watermelon has been there for years. I don't know the history, I just know that every year someone faithfully keeps repainting it. It's become a rather comforting site to see on our way home from the airport whenever we have been out of town.

N
NOTCH posted on Thu, Oct 4, 2007 10:20 AM

Man!!! I Sure could go for one of them tasty good taco's right Now!!

With all the great stuff for sale and to top it off with Delicious Taco's

and Delicious Drinks !!! Makes it a perfect swap meet!! I wish we could have one every month...

S

On 2007-10-04 10:04, retrodiva wrote:
In reply to Suzanne's post:

The watermelon has been there for years. I don't know the history, I just know that every year someone faithfully keeps repainting it. It's become a rather comforting site to see on our way home from the airport whenever we have been out of town.

I guess I've never rented a car from Oakland, since I always have lived in SF and flown from there, so the watermelon was a new discovery for me. I thought it was fantastic. I love "roadside serendipity." (that really sounds like something Mig would say.)

Suzanne

Pages: 1 2 68 replies