Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

mango splitter...best 15$ i've....

Pages: 1 4 replies

H

spent in a looooong while! who knew?!!!

OXO Good Grips mango splitter
http://tinyurl.com/yq84js

bought this silly looking thing knowing I have 2 ripe mangos at home just waiting to be eaten. Cost me 15$ at macy's but it can be had for less.

Damned if that thing did'nt just split the mango into thirds leaving me with 2 mango halves flanked by the seed.

handy little gadget, I'm quite pleased with it...just thought I'd share.

J

I gotta get me one of those! $11.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond!

Thanks Hooki, I'll be getting one. As for Bed, Bath & Beyond (where I'll be going) remember that BB&B coupons don't really expire.

For those who are unaware, BB&B often sends out coupons (mail and Sunday paper) that are good for 20% off any single item. The coupons have an expiration date, but a while back Customer Service at one store told me that they honor the coupons regardless of expiration date; plus, they also take coupons from Linens-n-Things even if those have expired.

I've been using "expired" BB&B and LnT coupons in various BB&B stores ever since. So if you have any, don't throw them out. Ever since I learned that fact, I always have a wad of 20% off coupons whenever I walk into a BB&B.

aack!...good tip!

darn 20% off coupons...I always check the date then throw them out if
they've expired. Won't be doing that again.

thanks again for the head's up. :)

Finally, made it up to BB&B to get my mango splitter. Starting price—$11.99.
After using my expired Linens-n-Things 20%-off coupon and adding 5% sales tax, it cost me $10.07. I'll be doing a lot more fresh mangoes now. Thanks.

Pages: 1 4 replies