Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

San Diego Tiki Carvers - Thanks and who needs wood?

Pages: 1 2 57 replies

M
mieko posted on Sun, Aug 26, 2007 9:14 AM

Thanks to everyone who came! It was a great day sitting in the shade and carving.

I did get a few contacts for logs as well, so who needs logs??

Number one is a guy who's pulling out some trees next week around 94th and Euclid. He thinks 2 were stripped and one isn't. Told him how we like the lower pieces, and he said he could leave them as long or short as we want. Sounds like he'd just leave them for us and we could pick them up next weekend.

Who's interested??

Got another guy from Lemon Grove that'll have some mid-september, and a guy in Encinitas that'll have some soon as well, but these would not be stripped.

tropicaldesignsbymieko.com

[ Edited by: mieko 2007-08-26 09:17 ]

BALBOA PARKCHOP August '07!

Hey don't be so modest Cam. I got some good pics of YOU during a draw knife demo! You must have been a fine teacher since my photos show a smiling Juan Carlos with all his extremities.

That was so awesome! What a beautiful day. At first I was a little intimidated by some of the more grizzled trimmers, actually overhearing a couple wondering how long it would take us to aquire colorful nicknames common in the Tree trimmer trade like Seven "Finger Billy","Stumpy Bill" or "Ol' Headless Clydesdale"...

But by the end a genuine mutual admiration society had formed with many trimmers forsaking other lectures elsewhere in the park to linger and chat with our carvers. Far Out!

Tikis & Stogies. A perfect combo in my book!

Can't believe my camera was able to stop Bill's hummingbird fast shaving technique. Scary good.

Billy, you gotta use this as your business card...

Meiko cracking me up w/her Brek Girl imitation.

Buzzy lays a little rap on the appreciative masses.

Great time peeps...thanks to everyone for coming out and distracting the folks so buzzy could steal logs :wink:

I guess I'll have to pick up a pair of those ass-less chaps so I can feel "safe" when I use my chainsaw!

Man...I am so jealous. I wish I could have made it down there for that. Stupid Air Force :(

Was a great time.......I'm paying for it today.

Z
Zaya posted on Mon, Aug 27, 2007 4:06 PM

Wow, what's with Buzzy's twin brother standing behind me? :)

I had a fun time! I enjoyed seeing all of you in action, and you did a great job showing these tree service guys what you can do with the logs they're throwing away. I think they were all really impressed!

Zaya

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Aug 27, 2007 4:15 PM

Maybe that's Evil Buzzy from the Mirror Universe. Evil Buzzy doesn't have a beard.

On 2007-08-27 08:50, Clysdalle wrote:
Great time peeps... I'll have to pick up a pair of those ass-less chaps so I can feel "safe" when I use my chainsaw!

I understand The Crypt on Park Avenue is open till midnight for all your assless-chap needs. (Get the pair with studded suspenders)!

OK. This is Billy's girl Bella. If you haven't already met her she's smart as a whip. When Bella wasn't entertaining Zaya or playing with a giant infatable hammer, she momentarily chilled next to me in her stroller, watching my every move as I carved a pendant she pointed at something folded up in my sanding kit. A glove. Harmless and soft I gave it to her still folded to play with and returned my attention to carving... when I looked back seconds later...

BABY BELLA: BORN TO CARVE!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Aug 29, 2007 9:11 AM

On 2007-08-27 16:06, Zaya wrote:
Wow, what's with Buzzy's twin brother standing behind me? :)

Zaya

That was Buzzy. One of his special powers is to transcend time and space. It makes him a wary opponent for Buffy, but at this point, she can still kick his butt.

On 2007-08-29 09:11, GROG wrote:
That was Buzzy. One of his special powers is to transcend time and space. It makes him a wary opponent for Buffy, but at this point, she can still kick his butt.

GROG: In the near future, time travel will be possible, and I will be the only interesting person left on Earth. To get new material to entertain the masses, in the future I travel back in time to now and steal my older material, from before I totally "sold out." That's what I'm doing in that picture. It's funny: I'm using my old material and the future critics say it's my best stuff in years. Now that's irony! Tune in in a couple years and tell me what you think of my "new" material.
My future Buzzy told me I also ended the Buffy debate once and for all in the spring of 2012. I'm looking forward to that!

Buzzy Out!

Pages: 1 2 57 replies