Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Notch's KuBar... Towing vehicle took a dump after Oasis! Tikitastic to the rescue!

Pages: 1 11 replies

K

Didn't exactly know where to post this, but I got a call from Notch yesterday that the suburban he was usin' to tow the KuBar blew it's tranny! He's gonna be stuck down there with Notch for a few days while the tranny get's a rehab. Send him some good mana for the rest of the trip home! Good luck NOTCH!!

EDIT: SEE UPDATE DOWN BELOW

[ Edited by: kahaka 2007-08-21 19:15 ]

He can serve painkillers outta it on the side of HWY 5, to raise funds for the new tranny...

No, but seriously, I hope he's able to get back on the road very soon (and with as little cost as possible)....

The Ku Bar is home safe!!!!

Mai Tai gave me a call while we were on our way home from Oasis yesterday, luckily we were delayed getting too far north by an extended stop at Hi-Time to stock up on rum. Mai Tai told us that Notch was stuck in Norwalk with a damaged transmission. Being that I have a 15 passenger van, which was packed from tiki purchases from the weekend, :) Kim the Canuck, Panda and myself drove up the 605 and stopped in Norwalk to see how many people would could take back up to the bay area with us. After some repacking, including storing some stuff in the Ku Bar, it turns out we could take 2 additional people plus tow the Ku Bar. We had a blast driving the Ku Bar up 5. Notch and Danny are still down south having the transmission repaired.

Here are some pics of our Ku Bar towing adventure....

Connecting the Ku Bar

Loading the van

Notch

The van and the Ku Bar got along just fine...since they both love the gasoline

The shark head enjoyed the open air ride in the Ku Bar

Fun in Buttonwillow

Almost as long as an 18 wheeler

bummer! notch's bar was a huge hit at oasis. previously i had only seen it during the day at forbidden island. when it got dark, the light up eyes and smoke pouring from it's eyes and nose was an awesome sight. hope everything works out ok for you braddah. here's a pic of ernie menehune knocking back a cold one at the bar.

cool! i gotta type faster so my posts aren't outdated when i post 'em. it doesn't surprise me though, cuz tikitastic mark is a great guy.

K

Awesome! Glad to hear it made it home safe. Didn't talk to Notch after he called at around 4 p.m. yesterday. KuBar is a neighborhood staple (or clubhouse mascot, drinking habit supporter, or whatever) in SJ and I woulda missed him if he was gone too long. Thanks Tikitastic for pullin' it home!!!!

Let's have a 3 Mai Tai toast to Tikitastic!! Next year we should have a Northern California Caravan driving behind the KuBar on the way to Tiki Oasis. Then no one gets stranded. Sorry to hear about the trouble, Notch!

S

I'm so glad it got home safe!

Suzanne

N

Right of the TOP I want to give a big MAHALOS to Danny & stephene for let'n us stay at there pad!!!THANKS BROTHER!!!
A big MAHOLO to Tikitastic for towing the tikibar home,Thanks brah.
And a big MAHALO to MaiTai for gettin the call out Tikitastic.
MUCHO MAHALOS!!!!
After the trans blow up, I was bummed out big time because I knew it wasn't going to be cheep to have the transmission rebuilt and to stay behind and wait for it to be finished...
THEN I called DANNY. He got on the phone and started calling he's connections and scored us a better deal on the trans rebuild. And then told Me and danno we could stay with him until the trans was rebuilt.
It was amazing to see Danny's works of art from the workshop to on site locations, AWESOME WORK!!!
Now we are home and have to unpack from our trip and what a trip it was.. We had a Great time at Oasis and a blast with Tiki Diablo!!!!!

Yay great news!

Notch, it was so great finally meeting you and your lovely lady and friends!

We have long admired the KuBar and your earlier Moai Bar at the Viva Las Vegas car show. Great to finally meet the mastermind. . . :)

That is just great how everyone got on the horn and helped out. Tiki Ohana are truly fine and generous people.

Glad to hear the 'tranny problem' didn't mar your overall Oasis adventure, and everyone is home safe and sound.

Can't wait to see you next year!

Great meeting you Notch! Awesome bar!
Glad to see it arrived back home safely!

I've got the best Ku Bar pic, taken by my wife, Cindy. Thank You Honey!!

Hmm, Is she making an offering to the Mighty KuBar?! :wink:
I think KuBar like what he see!!! :o

LOL....Fun in Buttonwillow....that has go to be the most excitement the Travel Center has ever seen. Glad to hear the big guy made it home OK...he is an awesome critter. :)

Pages: 1 11 replies