Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

IMPORTANT: Tiki Kings jewelry stolen - entire lot!!

Pages: 1 34 replies

I spoke with Bill Garber of Tiki Kings today & I'm sorry to report that the remaining entire lot of his jewelry was stolen last night. It happened off site after the event and he also had a large sum of cash stolen.

Bill's product is very unique & instantly recognizable. It has got to surface out there & if you see it anywhere (pawn shops, eBay, swap meet, etc.) please be sure to contact Bill at (818) 970-5909 or you can email me. Be sure to get as much information as you can out of the seller(s). I'd even go as far as contacting the police if & when you discover his jewelry but use your own best discretion. Bill basically sells his Tiki stuff as a side job - it's his sideline passion. Also, Bill was driving all over San Diego, Temecula and even Tijuana before all of this was stolen out of his car. Whoever stole it has no idea of the unique nature of the jewelery AND... the power of Tiki Central!

Here's some examples of Bill's work. These are older photos but they show you the quality (& more importantly - the style) of Bill's work. Let's catch this loser!!

Thank you in advance & please keep this post alive & towards the top until we find the culprit.

Holden

[ Edited by: makedamug 2007-08-21 18:16 ]

awesome stuff!! keep an eye on ebay.....maybe they'll try to hawk them there after the dust settles....

I will scour the pawnshops. PM me the area and I will start there if it was here in San Diego.

On 2007-08-21 18:18, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
I will scour the pawnshops. PM me the area and I will start there if it was here in San Diego.

The robbery did occur in San Diego. Bill mentioned the restaurant name where he was at when it happened but I don't recall the name. I left him a voice mail asking him for the name of the restaurant to further drill-down a better general starting area. GIANT MAHALO!!

T

Never seen this stuff before, but after looking I'd have to say that I'm a big fan of it. Would probably like to get some after this is gotten to the bottom of.

That SUUUUUUCKS so bad! Naomi had just introduced me to Bill at Oasis, what a nice guy. I heard they got his laptop, too. Arrrrgh! Let's nail those suckers!

Bump!

That is just sickening...hope the bad karma comes back to the evil doer/s. I'm off to his site to do some spending and hope it can be of some help. HANG IN THERE BILL!!!

The robbery occurred at the King's Fish restaurant which I believe is in the Mission Valley area of San Diego. If any SD locals can impart better directions, much appreciated.

N

This whole thing makes me sick. Bill (Tiki Kings) is a great guy. He's also (obviously) very talented. I will definitely be on the lookout in San Diego. Let's (TC Ohana) try to help Bill locate his stuff.

Nicktiki

There is also a King's Fish House at the carlsbad Company Stores... Could it have been there?

I hereby invoke the curse of Pele.

This beautiful and unique work will not be difficult to identify once spotted.

'Ohana: (even those a little reluctant to do the whole police thing): if you see any of Bill's work, stop the wearer and ask - make sure all wearers know what has happened here.

Anyone without a provenance: nail 'em fast.

My eyes will be open and ears to the ground...I too like his works, and to have that happen really blows...Does Bill sell his jewelry on ebay and if so, what is the user name to exempt in our online searches?
Also maybe San Diegan locals would like to print out a "watch out list" to deliver to their local pawn shops in San Diego and Vicinity....Something like "Be on the lookout for tiki jewelry that someone may try to pawn to you...If it is somewhat big lots of jewelry someone is trying to pawn, its possibly stolen". Does Bill also "Brand" his jewelry? something like a artist signature of some sort(ex; TK 925, tikikings.com?) That may help pawn shops determine if they are dealing with the thief. Even call all local area pawn shops and report to them about the crime, and how you wish them to contact the local police when recieving such items for pawning. I would feel safe to say, there wouldn't be any people who BOUGHT Bills jewelry in the past, be selling it to pawn shops to pay bills in San Diego!

Aw, for #u(k$ake! That bites bad. I will add my ju-ju to the Pele curse....

Mo' ju-ju, mo' ju-ju.

I'll get my friend the Santero on the case too; he has a special relationship with Elegua, who is similarly fierce as Pele towards injustice.

bump

They will be caught sooner or later...

that's fucked up , I bought a peice from him over the weekend and it sucks to think that my money is in some scumbags pocket right now .

we'll all keep our eyes peeled down here in San Diego .

i'll get the thumbs of whoever did it for you if we manage to get ahold of them first .

I have not seen this stuff before! I want some! Perhaps some business from the TC Ohana will help. How do I get it?
Ahhh... nevermind.
http://www.tikikings.com

"All I need are some tasty waves a cool buzz

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2007-08-23 09:47 ]

i would be happy to help him financially by purchasing some of this great tiki jewelry when the dust settles as well as others would, i'm sure....so for now, while there are those out looking, get yer ass back to your studio and start casting more product for us....it's all you can do till the culprits are nabbed.....

Hey! Anybody wanna buy one of these cool bracelets I found?

I remember the first time someone stole something from me. How he explained that what was mine was now his unless I wanted to become his punching bag. Folks like that piss me off. Opportunistic leeches who take what they refuse to earn. I'd like to say that I ended up getting my stuff back, but I couldn't. I got beat up and went home.

I can't do much from here but keep an eye on the web. Good luck catching the jerkass.

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-20 15:48 ]

Man, Now I'm REALLY sick to my stomach!

I was ripped off also after this Tiki Oasis off site

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=25364&forum=1&17

I'm sorry for your loss and believe me.....I CAN RELATE!!!

Cut the hands off of these evil thieves....BUMP

D

We just returned home last night from TO / Vegas and saw this post. How fucked is this. I met Bill for the first time at TO what a great guy, Go to his site and do a little shopping his stuff is killer. It sucks when bad things happen to such good people.

argh, totally crappy that the stuff got stolen!
I'm way up in Seattle, but I'll keep my eyes open too, and hmmm, i think I'll go visit the site and see what I wanna buy!
i think my friend Sammy in LA has some of your stuff. it's rad!~
Pea

[ Edited by: sweetpea 2007-08-24 10:18 ]

I tried sending an email to Bill at [email protected] and [email protected], but had them both bumped back due to a full mailbox. If you are watching this thread Bill, please contact me, as i'd like to make a purchase from you.

Greg

I purchased a ring from Bill/Tiki Kings. He let take the ring, trusted me come back and pay. This is a terrible thing to happen to a nice and trusting person.

Bill, sorry this happened to you. I too, am interested in purchasing some of your rings if they ever are available again. I've been admiring them on your website for a long time now.

hey Holden ~ you could put a bulletin & blog with pictures on your MySpace page ~ you can reach more than 5000 people that way..

TikiKing: sorry this happened to you. it sucks.

Sweet Jeezus that's F'd. So sorry bro.

Now I know why you didn't swing by the shop on your way out of town like we discussed: NO INVENTORY. I hope your insurance covers the loss.

It's been a week already and that stuff should have turned up quick. Unfortunately your pure sterling is either being melted down and mixed with shitty base metals in Tiujana as we speak OR they're sitting in a pawnshop traded for quick meth money, (in which case NoNaMe should stumble across a piece or two every couple days, that's all he does besides carve, walk dogs and obey his doctor). Let's hope for scenario two.

If anybody comes into my shop with them I'm gonna call the cops... and if he looks like he's gonna bolt, I've got an VW Tie rod under the register that says "stay put".

Best Of Luck.

D
dibroc posted on Mon, Sep 3, 2007 9:34 PM

no sighting at the PCC swap

H
Hexi posted on Mon, Jun 22, 2009 3:56 AM

sounds so delicious! Thanks

================================
Macys Coupon

[ Edited by: Hexi 2009-06-22 20:44 ]

A cationary tale here, with TO 09 coming up. Also, I would invoke a curse on this person too... I hope they get beaten by Lono, in all 13 of his faces.

So there.
~Zero

B

Better keep an eye on those Tiki's in the courtyard too!

Pages: 1 34 replies