Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

VampTiki #3 (Saturday, October 20) ARGH!!!

Pages: 1 26 replies

ARGH!!!
Ye best be gittin' ready fer VampTiki #3....a Piraty Extravaganza in NorCal. :drink:

PM me fer all da details o' how to find me shack on da cliff overhangin' the ragin' waves o' the Sacramento ocean where all da ships is run aground and loaded wit treasure that'l make yer eyes pop outta yer head!!!

Tiki Hunter is providin' da tiki market place and here be a direct quote from da pirate himself after he confirmed me private invite.....

"ARRRR, then cast off matey I be long over do on the high seas with a crew of scurvey dogs, a fine wench and a tall cup 'o grog! Capt. Whyley Raven, the Dread Pyrate Raven shall raise the Black Flag again!"

Looking for Pirate garb to wear and other related junk...check out the Official Pirate Thread & looking forward to seeing you tikiphiles at Vamptiki #3.

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-08-25 11:31 ]

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-08-25 19:30 ]

**AAAARRRRRRRRRR!!! The only thing I likes as much as sailin' the Polynesian Islands in search of Tikis is joinin' me Pyrate crew, me wench, and raisin' a tall tankard of grog!

TIKI HUNTER has already collected several Pewter Tankards to sell to all who come aboard, (different styles too!)....you will recieve GOLD AND SILVER PIRATE COINS with the purchase of a Tankard!!**

Lookin' fer me crew!

AAARRRGG! Thar he be!! Never let them take ya alive!!

Me ship.....before she ran around!

SO COME ONE, COME ALL AND PAY YER RESPECTS, (AND YER GOLD!), TO THE GREATEST PYRATE MERCHANT ON THE HIGH SEAS - CAPT. WHYLYE RAVEN otherwise known as THE DREAD PYRATE RAVEN!

Tis a treasure havin' ya at da helm o' the market place...some timbers will be shiverin' in anticipshun of dem dar tankards!!! And der will be plenty o' grog to fill em up.

Hey, V.

This might help you write up invitations.

:lol: Indeed, that wudda kum in handy...especially when typing with a hook hand!!!

I better get going on growing my beard, Wendy

I can wear an authentic pirate hat from a distant and exotic place..................PITTSBURGH!

It's been awhile since I've seen any pirates hats worn in October....

Arrrr, lookin' fore t' seein' all you scallywags. Well brin' some tasty food so we dasn't end up in Davy Jones Locker.

Looks like da usual suspects twill be raidin' thar attics for some fine Piraty garbs and who noes what!!!!

Letz get sum o' you distant rats up to me pirate lair!!!

I can't believe I have been on here a year...and just upped for another...One of the reasons is the great people of this thread.
Thanks everyone!!!! :)

Lookin' forward to seein' ya and da misus Moondog. Two years....ya dayum scallywag!!! :lol:

Hey Moondog, any word on our newspaper article? I'm back but no messages so far. Wendy

holy schnikies...we are in today's paper!!!!!!

Twill be an honor to entertain piratey tikiphiles what ben made famus in da noospaper!!! :lol:

Da rest o you heathen best be diggin out yur pirate garb and plannin on showin up at VampTiki #3. Take da bus, take da train, hop a ship...but git to me place fer some fine grog, eats and buried treasure.

Gonna be bumpin dis here leger so's as ter remind yer of da shin-dig at me place. Tis cumin up in a few weeks...so git to puttin dem garbs together. Find a Spirit Halloween Store near u so's ya kan find some fine piratey garb if ya be missin sum.

I's gettin me place spruced up wit sum piratey fixins and cobwebs. Wishin I had Amy's ship in me backyard dat would be icin on da cake, but no she will be havin a shipwrekkin afair soon...and pics from her party will nspire you heathin to ante up.

We'll be passin da hat around for collectin some coinage to pass on to DrTikiMojo...so bring some loot to donate and to spend at da market. He'll be bringin some tankards for us to imbibe in.

AND ....I'll be mixin' up a batch of me own Pirate's Grog to share with the crew and me and me first mate have been puttin' together a TREASURE CHEST full of fine Tiki Booty for a special RAFFLE TICKET offer!!!

Best we could come up with since dem parts don't take kindly to drunken' pirates wanderin' da streets in search of da planned treasure HUNT!! Arrrr!!

If ye be wantin a private invite...PM me yer email address and I'll send ya da details. Me crew has takin over me dinin room and are eager to meet the rest o u scallywags!!!

Bump.....next Saturday.....get your piratey garb on and come join the Sacramento tikiphiles for drinks, eats, a costume contest and shopping at the marketplace. :)

**Aaaarrrrrgggh! Ye costume contest!

I'll be swabin' da decks wit all ye scurvey dogs!

Make ya chew da barnacles from betwix me toes!

So here's da treasure chest I been promisin' ya! Dug her up me self, she be filled with Tiki Treasures of all sorts and some lucky deck hand will be taken her home.....chest 'n all!

There's nuf plunder in 'er to build yer Tiki Bar from nuttin!

Now where's da bar wench?
Keep fillin this tankard wit grog til I ain't standin....den, only fills it half way!**

**Aaarrrhg! Still thar be no taker's? :o
The treasure be for real, the raffle be for real, the prize shall be worth $100's of dollars and she could be yars for a song! :D

Oh yea, did we mention thar'd be singin'? :lol:

"15 Men On A Dead Man's Chest"

1. Fifteen men on a dead man's chest
    Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum :drink:
    Drink and the devil had done for the rest
    Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.
    The mate was fixed by the bosun's pike
    The bosun brained with a marlinspike
    And cookey's throat was marked belike
    It had been gripped by fingers ten;
    And there they lay, all good dead men
    Like break o'day in a boozing ken

2. Fifteen men of the whole ship's list
    Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!
    Dead and be damned and the rest gone whist!
    The skipper lay with his nob in gore
    Where the scullion's axe his cheek had shore
    And the scullion he was stabbed times four
    And there they lay, and the soggy skies
    Dripped down in up-staring eyes
    In murk sunset and foul sunrise

3. Fifteen men of 'em stiff and stark
    Ten of the crew had the murder mark!
    Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers' glut with a rotting red
    And there they lay, aye, damn my eyes
    Looking up at paradise
    All souls bound just contrawise

4. Fifteen men of 'em good and true
    Ev'ry man jack could ha' sailed with Old Pew,
    There was chest on chest of Spanish gold
    With a ton of plate in the middle hold
    And the cabins riot of stuff untold,
    And they lay there that took the plum
    With sightless glare and their lips struck dumb
    While we shared all by the rule of thumb,

5. More was seen through a sternlight screen
    Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
    Chartings undoubt where a woman had been
    'Twas a flimsy shift on a bunker cot
    With a dirk slit sheer through the bosom spot
    And the lace stiff dry in a purplish blot
    Oh was she wench or some shudderin' maid
    That dared the knife and took the blade
    By God! she had stuff for a plucky jade

6. Fifteen men on a dead man's chest
    Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
    Drink and the devil had done for the rest
    We wrapped 'em all in a mains'l tight
    With twice ten turns of a hawser's bight
    And we heaved 'em over and out of sight,
    With a Yo-Heave-Ho! and a fare-you-well
    And a sudden plunge in the sullen swell
    Ten fathoms deep on the road to hell,
    Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum! ** :drink:

Dr TikiMojo...if you show up with a wooden leg tomorrow you've taken this a bit too far!!!!!!

see ya manana.

what a party........where to begin?....everyone looked so great...the usual Sacramento suspects (there was room for more) Dr Tiki Mojo made an incredible Grog. Everytime I turned around he was emptying another fifth into it....I never saw any mix go in it...but it tasted like there was no alcohol in it?!?!?!?! go figure....Vampiress had pirate goody bags and also handed out costume contest prizes...I think everyone won something...as for me I was lucky enough to win the pirate treasure chest. I think I counted 9 tikis, 3 mugs, 3 pendents, 4 wall hangings, 1 pirate map, tiki corn on the cob holders, tiki soap...it's going to take awhile to unpack but I have to tell you it is very impressive!!!!! Thanks so much to everyone..Marlene you throw one helluva party. Dr Tiki Mojo and Eva thanks for all the goodies and grog!!!!!! but not neccessarily in that order...Marlene, David, Eva, Dan, Wendy, Sean and Brenda you are all such beautiful people that even a costume can't hide that fact...I can't wait for the next one...it will be hard to top this one...but I'm willing to try!!!!

Well indeed, Moondog was the true winner at the party...a quote from the scurvy scumbag "it pays to underdress".....I am afraid I am too waisted to post more except that I know pictures are on the way. Bless you all,....I had a great time. Thank the gawds that I didn't have to drive...the grog was da bong David.

I wish that all TCers could have a friend like Marlene. She makes every guest (friend) feel cared for and special. We had so much fun seeing all her fabulous decorations. We all talked for hours. Thank you Marlene for finding us and inviting us into your home. You are in our hearts forever. Wendy and Dan

Yes it was a gay old time indeed. Thanks to Wendy and Dan...here are a slew of pictures.

As always VampTiki hosts an AWESOME party! :D

Great guests, excellent food and drinks, the decorating was OVER THE TOP!!! :o

We raffled off DAVEY MOJO'S LOCKER which chest and contents was over a $500 prize value!!!

Ken -MoonDog- was the oh so happy winner!

Eva and I's love, thanks and appreciation to all our Sacramento Ohana who also pitched in while Marlene passed the hat to benefit our camera equipment loss after Tiki Oasis 7!

Thanks to Brenda for the extra pictures.

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-11-11 20:11 ]

Pages: 1 26 replies