Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Forbidden Island Presents: Pusser's Grog Night! Custom Mugs! Rare Rum! September 6th

Pages: 1 31 replies

M

Aloha!!

I’m very pleased to announce a special rum event at Forbidden Island. On Thursday, September 6th, we’re celebrating the birth of grog*, Painkillers, and all manner of Pusser’s rummy goodness! Starting at 7:00pm, Forbidden Island will feature:

-Painkillers & Dead Sailors (our version of grog) featuring Pusser’s Rum. We are now offering Painkillers in the traditional 2 oz, 3 oz, or 4oz pours!
-Enjoy your Painkiller or Dead Sailor served in a custom, limited edition Pusser’s Enamel/Tin mug! These mugs are replicas of the tin mugs that the Royal Navy used to serve the daily ration of rum to its sailors beginning in the late 18th century. Ours are customized with the Forbidden Island logo in a very small edition. While supplies last!!!
-The first 40 customers to get a Painkiller or Dead Sailor will get a FREE Pusser’s baseball hat!
-And for our rare rum lovers out there, we have a VERY limited amount of ultra-rare Pusser’s 15 Year Aged Rum, a beautiful and full-bodied sipping rum. NOT AVAILABLE IN THE UNITED STATES!

So head on down to Forbidden Island, taste the rum that fueled Royal Fleet for over 300 years, and take home a piece of rum history. See you there!

Mahalo!

*From our menu: Grog was invented in 1740 by Admiral Edward “Old Grogram” Vernon of the British Royal Navy when he ordered that the sailors’ daily ration of rum be mixed with water, because “…the pernicious custom of the seaman drinking their allowance of rum, and often at once, is attended with many fatal effects to their morals as well as their health … besides the ill consequences of stupefying their rational qualities …” He even went so far as to suggest that the sailors mix it with lime and sugar, thus perhaps creating the world’s first tropical drink.

[ Edited by: martiki 2007-08-27 10:41 ]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore - updated subject line - 2007-08-28 16:17 ]

Yippee!!! Will the tin cup fit a #4 Painkiller?!

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore - fixed BB code - 2007-08-28 16:18 ]

M

Definitely won't be selling the 15 yr by the bottle!

By the way, just to clarify, the FI Limited Pusser's tin will be an additional fee. But not too much!

Painkiller #4 fitting in the tin is currently classified as "highly doubtful". We'll give ya the rest on the side. As the old saying goes, "There's always a little extra in the milkshake cup."

I'm salivating like Pavlov's Dog down here.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

C

Forbidden Island does just the COOLEST promos - it's times like this that I wish I didn't live 1/2 way across the country :)

The COOL Forbidden Island Pusser's mug would have been great to add to my collection of Pusser's mugs from where I have enjoyed Pusser's - like Munich, Ft. Lauderdale....

Anyway - you all ENJOY that you've got a great bar nearby!!! Can't wait to visit next time I manage to make it to San Francisco :)

Thank goodness I live within crawing distance...Arghh...my liver.

P

Thursday? We'll be by.

N

On 2007-09-01 17:23, princessP wrote:

Thursday? We'll be by.

What time are you kids getting there? My "friends" who live over here with me can never seem to make the time to get to Forbidden Island anymore, so dya want to share a table or corner of the bar? I can make it there by five after work to grab a fab location. Let me know!

S

I'll be clicking my heels together on Thursday. I'll let you know if it works!

Arg. Darn Texas!

Suzanne

M

BUMP!!!!

TONIGHT!!!

YOU WOULD BE INSANE TO MISS IT!!!

INSANE!!!

Exxxcellent. Heading over after work. Excited to try the Pusser's 15-year!

T

I may be crazy, but I'm not insane! In other words, I'll be there.

P

On 2007-09-02 22:48, Nytshaed wrote:

On 2007-09-01 17:23, princessP wrote:

Thursday? We'll be by.

What time are you kids getting there? My "friends" who live over here with me can never seem to make the time to get to Forbidden Island anymore, so dya want to share a table or corner of the bar? I can make it there by five after work to grab a fab location. Let me know!

\

The Boys are going down at 5 pm. I'll be down more like 7 pm. I have a business to run.

DUDE, by luck, I'm going to be in Alameda tonight and my hotel is only 1/2 a mile away. I'm soooo gonna be there, but probably later in the night. My flight doesn't land until 8pm. F'n crazy coincedence

S
Sgirl posted on Thu, Sep 6, 2007 8:53 PM

Just got home. We arrived a little after 6pm. I had 2 China Clippers while Bri had an island maitai (hard to resist those happy hour prices) and then a few min before 7 Martin rang the gong to kick start the Pusser Rum concoctions. I had a 3 oz, hubby had a 4 oz and we shared a 15 yr old (yum!) I've never sipped rum before. You can bet I'll be trying some other aged stuff. Martin gave me some recos for future visits. The tins were sold out before 8pm and there was one 15 yr old shot left. I hope whoever got it enjoyed it as much as we did! I guess it's off to the West Indies to get some of my own.

[ Edited by: Sgirl 2007-09-06 20:55 ]

Buster's S.O. got the last slug of the 15 year-old (Pussers).

Don't forget the cool baseball caps (free with the purchase of the first 40)! Those were gone in under 20 minutes.

R

I am sooooo jealous! Love that Pussers.

I want to thank Martin and the folks, at Forbidden Island, for the fun time last night and the fun headache this morning.

And a special "Thank You!" to Jessica. After The Zombie, The Combover, The Dead Sailor, The 15yr. shot and The Chamborlada
my thirst was quite quenched.

Iniquitiki

J

On 2007-09-07 11:56, Iniquitiki wrote:
I want to thank Martin and the folks, at Forbidden Island, for the fun time last night and the fun headache this morning.

And a special "Thank You!" to Jessica. After The Zombie, The Combover, The Dead Sailor, The 15yr. shot and The Chamborlada
my thirst was quite quenched.

Iniquitiki

Whoa, Dude! No wonder you have a headache this morning! That's quite the comination of beverages ... the FI Zombie alone usually does me in for the night!

Sounds like I missed a great time!

Yes, thanks to Martin and everyone for a great evening!

Well, JenTiki...As the aching fog (might be a good name for a drink) clears, I am reminded that a Navy Grog
should have been included on the list of "E" Ticket Rides I took, last night.

Iniquitiki

hic!

M

Thanks to everyone for coming out! That was a good time.

Here's a few pix:

That there is some good product placement!

S

Look at all the happy tinmuggers at Forbidden Island! I wish I could have been there kids! Miss all of you!

Suzanne

TD

Ahh I missed the fun!
can you pls schedule these awesome events not during grape harvest?
:D

-Tiki D

MT

Whoever came up with the name "Painkiller" obviously didn't come up with the name the next day. Ohhhhh, my head! Stop talking so loud!

Hey, a 4X Painkiller might be one of the best drinks on the new Forbidden Island menu. Much mahaloz to Martin and crew (especially Thayer!) for the really cool Painkiller Club tins, the hats, the 15 year old Pusser's rum, and the soon-to-be-pain-inducing Painkillers. Thank goodness I heeded Martin's advice, and did not try an 8X Painkiller.

I miss you, Dean. You're one of the only people up there I miss. LONG LIVE DEAN!!!!

CL

I had a wonderful time. Loved the tins. Sorry that not everyone lives closer to enjoy these events. Suzanne, great talking with you yesterday. FI Parking Lot sale, yeah!!!!

Dayum...those tin mugs are kewl looking. Thanks for the pictures. :drink:

S

Good to talk to you too, Coco Loco! Unfortunately my heel clicking together didn't make me magically appear to collect a tin, but I will see you all in just two weeks for the parking lot sale!

YAY!

Suzanne

S
Sgirl posted on Tue, Sep 11, 2007 6:19 PM

Does anyone who didn't get a hat want one? In the darkness of the bar I thought the hats looked light red or coral. Turns out they are orange which doesn't look good on me. I'll bring it tomorrow night to the green mug party. I'm the only other girl in the photos above besides Thayer so should be easy to recognize.

[ Edited by: Sgirl 2007-09-11 18:20 ]

[ Edited by: Sgirl 2007-09-11 18:21 ]

Pages: 1 31 replies