Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Favorite rum for a Hurricane.

Pages: 1 9 replies

So I'm going to get a bunch of people drunk, at work, tomorrow afternoon. The question before you is: What is your favorite rum to use when creating a Hurricane?

Thanks!

Post the Hurricane recipe you plan to use.

I'm going with the "Grog Log" recipe.

On 2007-08-30 12:11, Iniquitiki wrote:
I'm going with the "Grog Log" recipe.

Then use Myer's Dark or Appleton Special Gold.

T

coruba!

Read the topic and the first thought was "one that doesn't need ice...."

For the Grog Log recipe, I suggest Appelton Gold or Appelton VX.

I like it with El Dorado 5, but I really like the El Dorado......

Inner Circle Blue Dot. My local BevMO has had a managers special on this Rum for some time so I stocked up. They are selling it for $9.99! It is a fine pot stilled 90 proof, barrel aged rum that I think makes a great substitution in any recipe calling for dark Jamaican rum.

I wanted to say thanks, for the different suggestions.

As thirst would have it, I started with a bottle of Coruba, went to a bottle of Trader Vic's Dark Rum,
onto a bottle of Appleton Special Gold And ended with finishing a half bottle of Appleton VX.

Sadly, I wasn't able to taste each version but everybody seemed quite happy...after their wait in line!

C

I fill a hurricane glass up with crushed ice.
(This recipe works in any size glass)

Then I pour Dark rum (Myers' or Coruba) and 151 Bacardi rum at the same time until the rum and melt water gets 1/2 to 2/3 up the glass. Then top off with Pat O'Brien's hurricane mix. Cover the glass with a shaker and give a few quick shakes. Then garnish with a orange wheel and a cherry and add a straw or two.

J

Myers here.

Kirk that hurricane sounds awesome! And deadly too.

Pages: 1 9 replies