Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Moondog426 and danlovestikis in the news

Pages: 1 5 replies

Hi Everyone, Here in California Tiki is now recognized as a decorating trend separate from Polynesian etc. Moondog426 and I were contacted for this article. At my home they took photos for two hours in five different rooms. If I owned those photos I could print a book. We were really happy with the photo they choose to print. In the bottom left you can see the statue I made of Gecko, I wanted him in the photo too.

If you haven't met moondog and his wife Beth you are missing out, they are the best tiki friends you could have. Cheers, Wendy

ps the photos overlap so that some paragraphs are repeated

Yeehaw...the Sacramento Ohana rock!!!! Way to go Dan & Wendy and Ken & Beth. I am so proud of you and they couldn't have picked better tikiphiles to spotlight...you are all so enthusiastic and positive. The pictures and article is great...thanks for posting Wendy. :D

after seeing some of the tiki digs just around here, I feel very fortunate to be included with such fine folk as Dan and Wendy......and thanks to everyone who make us feel welcome. We love Tiki Central and it's people!!!!

We may need to have a happy hour real soon...and with this gang....RUMMMMMMM!!!!!

Just my two cents (and really only worth about half of that)...

I elected at the 11th hour not to participate in this article for my own personal paranoid reasons. Primarily out of fear from previous articles written by the author and comments made earlier on when this was being discussed in which I felt this topic and subject matter may have been misconstrued and made to appear invalid.

Liz Kellar did a very nice job with this article and subject matter. A brief history on tiki and three observations of different degrees of collecting or displaying tiki and the lifestyle of tiki culture. moondog426, danlovestikis and tikitim represented the aspects of lifestyle, collecting and displaying and the article and accompanying photos complimented all of these participants.

The entire article with photos was nearly two pages long. It did not appear in the Sacramento Bee's website, it may at a latter date.

Kudos to your bravery and exposure. I hope to see more coverage in the future, not only locally, but on a worldwide level.

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am, but not in the paper)!

Hey PTD...I certainly understand your "paranoia" because the media can screw up a story about a drop of water!!! I must say that I too was pleasantly surprised by the positiveness of the article and the great pictures. Probably the best aspect of the article was the blending of the 3 totally different views on collecting tiki, the author was very respectful of all the collectors and seemed genuinely excited about the collection of tiki in general. :)

I also think that positive article like this help to bring awareness to the public (on the downside....prices will be up at the garage sales and swap meets). :o

Again more congrats...Dan & Wendy, Ken & Beth....we'll be partying again with you all soon! :drink:

Sacramento Tiki Ohana rules!

Shaka!

Mojo

Pages: 1 5 replies