Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Reasonable Shag Originals (not mine)

Pages: 1 11 replies

Hey all,

Just got an e-mail from Billy Shire Fine Arts in Culver City CA. They are hosting Shag's latest works "Conspicuous Consumption" from 9-15-07 / 10-20-07. For this show, Shag made a boatload of original images on 6 inch square canvas. They are selling for $995.00, so it your chance to own an original Shag without selling a kidney or getting a 2nd mortgage.

I have nothing to do with this show, just wanted to pass along the info. Maybe a year or so, I would have bought one but "life happens" so I am gonna have to pass - but maybe some of you may be interested.

Here is a link to the info:

http://us.f543.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter?MsgId=3147_3561636_80916_2096_7271_0_64872_26215_1782738637&Idx=14&YY=99052&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&inc=25&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=&head=&box=Inbox

P

That looks like a link to an email letter on your own yahoo email account. We are not going to be able to see that.

sorry - my bad

here is a better link and the info copied:

http://shag.com/Conspicuous.html

Here's an update on the show...
There are a mere 18 paintings left! Today is another day and collectors may make an additional purchase. EMAIL REQUESTS ONLY PLEASE! I will answer them in the order that they are received.

The 6" inch square ORIGINAL acrylic on canvases are available for $999.00 each + CA sales tax and shipping (if applicable).

Your order must be paid in full. No exceptions.

PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS TO PLACE ORDERS. You have a better chance of getting a response if you email me. I will also be answering emails first from wait listers who have been on the list longest. If your picks are not available, I will let you know ASAP.

When you email me back {[email protected]};

1. Send me your pick list in order of preference - top choice being at the top. Please send me the title of the work and most important send the three digit number that can be found in the tab or as part of the web address. They start at 001 and go to 101. You may want to make a very lengthy list, as your choice might be the same as several others ahead of you.

2. The best number and times/days to reach you to get your credit card number.
    a) You will need to be paid in full within 48 hours of my confirmation email letting you know that you have the first option on a particular piece, otherwise I will have to let the next person who wants it have it.
    b) If you receive my confirmation email and would like to just fax your credit card info, please send; the number/title of the piece you are purchasing, the amount we are billing you (from email) name on card, credit card number, expiration and billing address (please state this). Faxes are only seen by Joy or myself and are shredded after they have been run.

3. Send me your name, shipping address, city, state, zip, daytime phone. Please let me know if you intend to pick your piece up after the show ends or if we are to ship it.

Here is the link:

http://shag.com/Conspicuous.html

What's available as of 8pm 9/4; 002, 004, 008, 014, 019, 020, 027, 028, 031, 055, 056, 062, 063, 067, 069, 071, 072, 074, 076, 077, 079, 083, 085, 091, 094, 095, 098, 099, 100.

There will be a print retrospective of 20+ framed A/P prints from SHAG's personal collection but I don't know which ones yet - they will be for sale. I will email an update and prices when I do know.

Live Show Preview - Friday, 9/14

You are invited to attend the preview on Friday, September 14 from 7-9pm. We open at noon and you may visit us as soon as we open. You need not RSVP for this event. Yes, SHAG will attend both the preview and the opening.

Please do not bring items for the artist to sign or ask for autographs at the preview or opening. We would like all of our artists to enjoy their own opening. There will be a signing event at the gallery on Saturday, October 20 from 4-8pm.

Both the opening and preview are free and open to the public. The official opening is Saturday, 9/15 from 7-10pm. No RSVP is necessary.

HL

100 paintings x $995 each = $99,500.

No wonder he gave up being a graphic designer!

Yeah, that's a good wad of dough, but I'll bet the gallery takes half.

M
  • Slacks Ferret wrote:
    Yeah, that's a good wad of dough*

Consider as well the larger pieces, including a couple that were 96" wide. Those two were priced at $36,000...and sold the first day.

• but I'll bet the gallery takes half.

Not sure on this specific situation but that is a typical arrangement. His prices for originals have certainly gone up since I first tried to acquire one. Then again, his exposure is so much greater now.

We got lucky this time. We'd been on this wait list for years. I lost track of all the galleries where I'd put my name down.

cpt.midnite

nothing against shag. i love his style and he's wildly successful and can charge a fortune for his work, BUT, for a thousand bucks you can pick up a couple ken ruzics, tiki tonys or dave burkes that you can see from more than 5 feet away.

A little bird landed on my shoulder and said,

This show is gonna be cool. Go if you can.

Tweet.

Tweet!

On 2007-09-08 22:03, kingstiedye wrote:
nothing against shag. i love his style and he's wildly successful and can charge a fortune for his work, BUT, for a thousand bucks you can pick up a couple ken ruzics, tiki tonys or dave burkes that you can see from more than 5 feet away.

let's not forget all the cool art by dave krys that you can buy with that as well..

Hey, let's not forget that at his last show Mark Ryden sold a painting for $800,000.00. So, Josh's work is a deal!

On 2007-09-12 11:39, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
Hey, let's not forget that at his last show Mark Ryden sold a painting for $800,000.00. So, Josh's work is a deal!

damn.....it sure is good to be king, isn't it?? nothin' like gettin' "dead guy" prices for your art before you're even dead.

I'll second that, Tipsy. Deeeamn!

Pages: 1 11 replies