Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hillary at Vic's SF

Pages: 1 27 replies

M

Photoshoppers, start your engines.

M

Anyone else get the Vic's SF newsletter?

Hillary was at a fund raiser at Vic's SF last month. She was quoted as saying she wanted a Mai Tai, but her staff wouldn't let her.

Now, without getting into a political discussion, I just think it's important to note that Hillary is the first 2008 presidential candidate from any party to go on record as wanting a Mai Tai.

I believe the next step is to form a Tiki Caucus, and demand that each candidate clearly spell out their position on Mai Tais. Only then can we as the electorate make a truly informed decision.

Ewww...That give me the Heebie Jeebies. I may never think of Mai Tais the same. Thanks a lot, Martin.

C

But it you can step back from politics - how cool is it that TVs & being talked about in all of the election hullaballoo???
To have ANY candidate talking about a MaiTai is very nice :)

Regardless of what party - it doesn't matter :)

How fun - Can't wait to see those photoshop images!!!
:)

G

I want to know what the hell is wrong with her staff! The prudes. Obama would have had one.

RB

All this Presidential campaigning well over a year before the election turns all of us into "Suffering Bastards."

That being said, at least Hillary didn't ask for a margarita.

T

I used to get the newsletter but it stopped coming. I wonder why. Maybe because I have not been in there in months. Shame on me!

I would love to see Hillary get drunk. Did anyone see the recent Daily Show episode when they played "Brick House" as her theme song? :D

I can't believe the staff was worried about her having a drink, now trying to keep "Slick Willy" off of the TV's waitresses and the Mai Tai's there's the trick. Oh wait that falls to his Secret Service detail. I can hear it now "Eagle 9 needs another Dr. Funk stat".

Here's some fun, match up the presidential candidates with the appropriate cocktail.

From MakeDaMug's entry in the World Leaders and their Tiki Mugs thread:

J

From the looks of her eyes, that wasn't her first drink of the day either!

R

It looks likes that drink is going the wrong way! Barfillary?

C

I was for the Mai Tai, before I voted against it.

J

I never had a MaiTai with that woman....

M

Navy Grog on me, Hill.

Mai Tais are dicky,
midnite

M

This cradle Republican has found yet another reason to vote for Hilary in '08. You go on with your bad self, Tiki Hillary!

I am all for a woman in the white house...but she would not be my pick. We need the right woman in the white house....not just the gender. She looks like she has had a few Mai Tais in her life, but I don't think she inhaled so they don't count.

The lil' Boos gave me this for my B-Day last May...

.......kids these days.

LOL....that is hysterical. That is better than an unidentifiable ceramic that they made in art class. Of course both are keepers, but the poster is more fun to display. :)

i know personally that Dennis Kucinich was offered a joint and refused it. but he hung out anyway.

i wasn't there myself, but...

..sb

R

"Here's some fun, match up the presidential candidates with the appropriate cocktail."

Ron Paul = Dr Funk
John McCain = Navy Grog or Jet Pilot
Barak Obama = Vicious Virgin or Coffee Grog
Mit Romney = Tiki Pukapuka
Rudy Guiliani = Honi Honi

B

Obama needs to counter this shrewd maneuver by Hillary. I suggest that he make an appearance at the Mai Kai, down an entire Mystery Drink and then detail his traditional Tiki values platform.

On 2007-09-07 05:06, VampiressRN wrote:
LOL....that is hysterical. That is better than an unidentifiable ceramic that they made in art class. Of course both are keepers, but the poster is more fun to display. :)

That is an actual poster.

Not a photoshop.

A kewl gift plus a collectible. :)

On 2007-09-06 12:01, thejab wrote:
Did anyone see the recent Daily Show episode when they played "Brick House" as her theme song? :D

She's a Brick... House. She's maitai maitai, she's lettin' it all hang out!

Sorry.

-Weird Unc

M

Now's your chance to show your political colors!

Available now at CafePress

http://www.cafepress.com/votemaitai

Will these be available at The Bar?

M

Nope- they're offered at cost as a help-yourself on CafePress. Enjoy!

Can't justify a full run of these!

M

But I endorse your use of capital letters when calling it "The Bar". :wink:

Pages: 1 27 replies