Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Last Party at Martini Monkey.

Pages: 1 7 replies

As many of you already know, the Martini Monkey Bar & Lounge will be BEHIND security in the very near future, and thus only available to people who are flying. (Which brings the price of a drink up quite a bit)

So they are having one last big party.

Saturday, Sept. 22nd, our theme for the night is 'Viva La Cuba!" Come celebrate with owners Carlos, Lydia, and the rest of the gang one last time. Hot Cubano Sandwiches and other Cuban-inspired appetizers, delicious, hand-crafted Mojitos and Hemingway Daiquiris, lots of great Cuban music and more will fill the air with the Cubano spirit! (The regular array of exotic drinks will also be availabe)

WHAT: Viva La Cuba! Cocktail Party
WHEN: Saturday, September 22nd, 2007
TIME: 8pm until ????
WHERE: Martini Monkey Bar & Lounge, Terminal C, SJ Airport

If you have any questions, please feel free to email Jay at the Monkey.
[[email protected]]

T

that is becoming one hell of a busy weekend!

i heard that someone who lives in turdlock will be at said establishment tonight....

Now is the time to go for sure, damn progress...

They had two big events planned, this was going to be Ratpack night originally, but the life-ruining jerks in charge of construction are ahead of schedule.

C

Met co-owners Jay & Carlos. Jay is really a great guy, and Carlos and his wife were very friendly. Drinks were great, and the Cubano Sandwich was tasty. Loved the tunes! "Cuba" night on the 22nd should be lots of fun. Looking forward to it!

Darn...I have plans for that weekend so will have to miss this. What will happen to that mural? Will they take the wall down and move it?

The mural which is of a Mark Ryden paining (tho done by someone Ryden contracted, not by Mark himself)was actually done on a canvas, and that canvas was attached to the wall behind the bar.

The Paining can be moved, however in this case the bar is not being moved, the area around the bar is being re-configured to be behind the secured area, and thus off-limits to anyone who is not flying.

Several folks have been tugging on Jay and Carlos' coat tail about opening up a new place somewhere like Mountain View.

The fact that they will still be making those fantastic drinks near where many of us live, yet we can't just mosey on for one...is a cruel thing indeed.

WOW. Last call for Martini Monkey before it goes behind security. Last Saturday night we were there it just so happened that Jay was working. He chatted with us for a few minutes and even bought us a couple martini's. Super nice guy. Last call for alcohol Sept. 22nd.....unless you're flying.
Oh, they are also trying to mosey in on the new terminal being built but it's a couple years out.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2007-09-14 12:40 ]

Yeah, I spoke to Jay tonite, and he mentioned you and Mrs Jungle Trader were in there...it was funny, as I knew exctly who he was reffering to, sorry I was out of town.

If anybody is interested, Carlos, the owner is going to bring some of the photos from his albums from Pre-Castro Cuba. His Father was sort of like a Celeb Columnist, so these photos are of some pretty kooky charachters in the wold of entertainment, like young Liberaci, Debbie Reynolds and so on. It's pretty fun to see the whole Cuba thing from the point of time when it was Vegas-like in it's glam.

It should be a night of fun.

Pages: 1 7 replies