Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Your Tiki Fantasy Bar

Pages: 1 4 replies

Mine is an open-sided palupa hut on poles about 100 yards out into the warm tropical waters. There's a shuttle boat that takes people back and forth. The poles holding up the thatch roof are all carved tikis. The wood is dark and worn. The place holds about 100. The only drinks served are rum drinks, no beer, no wine, no water. All drinks are prepared from scratch. To eat, there's fresh steamed shrimp... mmmm... that might be it, no wait, there's fresh grouper sandwiches too. There's a stage opposite the bar but there's no CD player; when the music's not live, you listen to the waves and the seabirds, and at night, you enjoy your drinks by the light of the torches.

That is sounding pretty nice...so ditto. I'll be staying on shore in a fabulous suite that is tropical in decor with an open patio out onto the beach....I can see the tiki bar from my room and it is about a mile out which is a nice swim. I'll be ordering some pomegranate mojitos (my favorite drink this week)and the bands will be: Don Tiki, Tikiyaki Orchestra, The Martini Kings....this week, I will let other posters throw in more of our favorites. My place will have a full bamboo ceiling with lots of tropical overhead fans, float lamps, puffer fish, Asian umbrellas, etc hanging from above. Building is very large and round with the bar is raised wrapping all the way around, plenty of comfy barstools, and lower booths all around, with a sunken stage in the middle that rotates so everyone can see the band....and more.......: )

G

The Molokai Bar at the Mai-Kai. It gets no better than that.

On 2007-09-08 16:42, GatorRob wrote:
The Molokai Bar at the Mai-Kai. It gets no better than that.

Well....... If we're talking fantasy here..

The Molokai Bar being mine and I am making the drinks they way I want them. Now were talking my fantasy bar.

TP

to have the Waikikian back...the Tahitian Lanai, walking the trails of the tiki garden with mai tai in hand from my Lanai Suite to the Papeete Bar. the music, the glowing tiki torches, more mai tais...

Pages: 1 4 replies