Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Kahiki play set?

Pages: 1 13 replies

Lets see, got the fireplace mug. COOL! Now all I need is a set of Kahiki Moai mugs, a fountain mug. A Village Dining Room cookie jar, a Molokai Hut cookie jar, Some plastic palm trees and a cool vinyl mat with the floor plan on it and I'll be all set. Just like Play'n Hot Wheels when I was a kid. Just wishful thinking I guess

This was as close as I could get with what little I had to work with. The salt and pepper shakers seem to be having a really good time though.

(I've got to get over this cold so I can go back to work.)

LOL...shades of Barbie & Ken posing. Great job you two...I especially love the little table with umbrella and chairs. :)

T

Okay guys - I reeeeaaally need to know where youse got those tiny tiki bar pieces!!
Are they Barbie or Bratz playsets or what?

They came from the My Scene Guava Gulch play set, which I believe was one of Mattel's early attempts to compete with the Bratz.

On 2007-09-20 05:03, Tiki-Kate wrote:
They came from the My Scene Guava Gulch play set, which I believe was one of Mattel's early attempts to compete with the Bratz.

Here is one on Craigslist:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/tag/423284166.html

PTD

That's right on the nose PTD. From 2003. I borrowed it from my daughter.

Here is my Kahiki playset. going to have a rum runner out of it soon.

T

The ingenuity of TCers never ceases to amaze! Great pics guys! Does anyone have a photo of their Kahiki mug done up in mood lighting, so it looks like the original, all mysterious and awesome? I'd take a snapshot myself, except both of my digital cameras take horrible low light shots.

Keep the pics coming!

Like this?

Or these?

T

Yes, that's more like it! How about with an up-light shot, and somehow get the eyes to glow red? We have the technology!

T

That's too funny! Laughing my a$$ off over here....

Pages: 1 13 replies