Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

TC Exclusive Goof Ordering page now online

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 194 replies

I'm not that anymore, but it's even more sad that you would take this so seriously that you would try to do research on me.

Please Sir...... Mr. Holden, could I have one please!

T

Since there are quotes of this just below, I'll save space for others.

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2007-09-24 19:29 ]

the fact that you were inspired to look up my profile and send me harassing PMs over me saying that Alien wasn't the first to think of making a mug of the Goof is what is really sad.

I never really knew why you were considered the laughing stock of TC, but now i do understand.

..sb

Shit yeah!

T

On 2007-09-24 19:08, teaKEY wrote:
seriously that you would try to do research on me.

If clicking on your profile and seeing that you're a Communications Director is research, can I come work for you?

While I'm surprised that you have this research capacity, I don't think I'll be hiring you any time soon. Trouble seems to follow you anywhere you go, judging from your resume of short lived and often hijacked threads. Also, our Human Resources manager shot herself halfway through your resume, the last words we heard from her before the gunshot were "I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS!"

Thanks for applying, but we're going to continue looking for qualified candidates.

-The Management.

T

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2007-09-24 19:27 ]

This is just too sad.

..sb

If SB is sad then I'm sad too!! Shame on You Tea Key!!

R

On 2007-09-24 19:30, The Sperm Whale wrote:
If SB is sad then I'm sad too!! Shame on You Tea Key!!

If my brother's sad, then I'm pissed off. Nobody fucks with the alohabros!

Oh yeah, love the mug! Makes me feel awesome just looking at it. I will be getting mine by actually attending the event. Also, can somebody please create an event that can be held at Bob's Big Boy? I came up with this great idea for a mug that looks just like Bob's Big Boy (checkered over-alls and everything). Remember folks, you saw it here first.

Bob is sooo tiki!

[ Edited by: Riptide 2007-09-24 19:48 ]

[ Edited by: Riptide 2007-09-24 19:54 ]

H

Some of you already know this but back at Tiki Oasis V I mentioned to Holden that Tiki Farm should make a Goof mug in honor of the Bali Hai. This far predates Alien Tiki's contest submission and also negates any claim he may have for it being his "idea". Additionally, even though I mentioned a Goof mug to Holden, I would never lay claim to the "idea". Let's face it, it's not an original design. For myself, even though I await in line with the rest of you, I will expect nothing more than a free Goof mug. Holden?

T

"Let's face it, it's not an original design"

Ok, so everyone thought up the idea. And I'm not being sarcastic

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2007-09-24 19:52 ]

Hi Holden,

If there is one left please add my name to the list. Thanks

Mr & Mrs Tikilands

On 2007-09-24 19:44, Hakalugi wrote:
Some of you already know this but back at Tiki Oasis V I mentioned to Holden that Tiki Farm should make a Goof mug in honor of the Bali Hai. This far predates Alien Tiki's contest submission and also negates any claim he may have for it being his "idea". Additionally, even though I mentioned a Goof mug to Holden, I would never lay claim to the "idea". Let's face it, it's not an original design. For myself, even though I await in line with the rest of you, I will expect nothing more than a free Goof mug. Holden?

The Goof is a no brainer with no prior input needed if you are a fan of Tiki. Man, I have (& probably a lot of others) contemplated a Goof mug since learning about Tiki & the 1st mug I ever collected plus a few months... it was a Bali Hai mug and I thought it was the weirdest & coolest pencil holder ever! After my Mark Thomas Outrigger when I was informed (& hypnotized by a friend in the know) about Tiki, I've always wanted to do the Goof. The Goof is contemplated by all here in Tiki. Nobody should lay claim to it.
Holden
ps - Hakalugi, yours is free, but the freight will set you back around $35.95!

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2007-09-25 20:00 ]

On 2007-09-25 19:45, MakeDaMug wrote:

On 2007-09-24 19:44, Hakalugi wrote:

The Goof is a no brainer with no prior input needed if you are a fan of Tiki. Man, I have (& probably a lot of others) contemplated a Goof mug since learning about Tiki & the 1st mug I ever collected plus a few months... it was a Bali Hai mug and I thought it was the weirdest & coolest pencil holder ever! After my Mark Thomas Outrigger when I was informed (& hypnotized by a friend in the know) about Tiki, I've always wanted to do the Goof. The Goof is an endearing icon for all here in Tiki. Nobody should lay claim to it but just dig it man!!
Holden
ps - Hakalugi, yours is free, but the freight will set you back around $35.95!

If it was such a no brainer. You have produced nearly 1000 mugs. Why wait until now 6months after the contest? I mean how many years have you been making mugs?

You need not reply, it's a no brainer. Hard up for ideas, lets have a contest and we'll get tons of free ideas. I've seen it before.

wow I can't beleive the b.s. going on in this thread, quit crying already, all you are doing is making a cool contest like this into something petty.
I wouldn't blame Makedamug if he never did another contest like this again...

On 2007-09-25 21:35, AlienTiki wrote:
If it was such a no brainer. You have produced nearly 1000 mugs. Why wait until now 6months after the contest? I mean how many years have you been making mugs?

You need not reply, it's a no brainer. Hard up for ideas, lets have a contest and we'll get tons of free ideas. I've seen it before.

no problem. I'll post up your sketch next to the original off of the Christian's Hut matchbook cover that I sent to Squid for reference purposes. In that we've produced over 1000 designs - good point. The contest panel looked very much at originality vs. replications. This mug was done specifically for the Tiki Magazine Bali Hai event. IF the Goof was rendered in such a new & unusual way that it warranted going to market then fine but it wasn't. We received 2 sketches of the Goof - one was a spot on replica and one was a tad different. Our is a spot-on replica of the cover. That's what the owners of the Bali Hai requested when I approached them with this project. Tell ya wht, I'll post both of the sketches up in the morning. JEEZ!!! Yep, never EVER contemplated the Goof mug. Done the Bali Hai mug for years and trust me, my conversations w/the Bali Hai owners to do this mug aren't from 1 week ago or even 1 year ago.
Holden

T

my conversations w/the Bali Hai owners to do this mug aren't from 1 week ago or even 1 year ago. -Holden

That is all that needed to be said then. if you did bring this up a year ago in conversation with the owner, then that would be a pulbic record of sorts and it wouldn't have mattered that Alientiki summited an idea 6 months ago.

But the Goof mug is not a no-brainer anymore than this winning mug here

I never thought of turning a ukulele into a decanter! THAT is a "BRAINER" if you ask me!

Hey, how about a "SoccerTiki" mug???? LOL!!!

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.