Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Exotic Erotic Slave Girl - No, Really!

Pages: 1 6 replies

I found this wooden carving in a shop in Cayucos on the Central CA coast.
All the tag on it said was "Burma Slave Girl." I was wondering if anybody could tell me anything more about a carving like this...

As you can see, she's quite full-figured and doesn't seem to be suffering too much from her "Slave Girl" status.
Both my friend and I spotted her at the same time. Picture two grown men doing a slow motion tug-o-war over the figure all the way to the cash register and out the door. I won out in the end (since my friend's wallet was empty and I had the cash). I think she looks quite at home on my tiki bar (please excuse the white walls - it's still a work in progress!)

N

Looks Indian, compare it to these:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/kamasutra/
It might not be Tiki, but it is sexy as hell!

I agree it looks Indian - that's why I guess I'm questioning the "Burma" tag that was attached to it. I also had my doubts about the "tikiness" of the figure - whether I should add it into my collection. I think she works - when seen far away at least - though she is a bit over the top in her, uh, physical attributes.

K

Put a razor in one of her hands - then she'll be a Burma Shave Girl.

If their's a slave perhaps it's the individual she is standing on?!

8T

Burma is now called Myanmar. Somehow Myanmar shave isn't as catchy as Burma shave is it?

On some Indian temples-the walls are adorned with all kinds of erotica,nudes/people in the act of ....y'know! This looks like a study from one of those! Google the book cover to "the Sensual (or Sensuous) Immortals" and it shows a couple in a very similiar style!

Pages: 1 6 replies