Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

I spy.... more Britiki

Pages: 1 2 48 replies

Ooohh that looks interesting....

But I'm not telling where yet, although it is in London, its still work in progress and will be opening in the next couple of weeks.

I might add a few more Pics if you ask nicely

[ Edited by: cheekytiki 2007-09-23 14:45 ]

T

Pretty pretty please post more pictures. Your priceless, thanks a great deal.

How was that?

V

whaaat ? More tiki in London ???? I can't beleive it. I really need to get an annual Eurostar pass to get there more often. The entrance looks fabulous.

Kiwi oven....looks interesting. What kind of smells will be wafting from there? Door had a G handle...love the intrigue. Great progression pictures. :)

Hey, looking forward to dusting off the fez and get the train to London.

Keep us posted.

Hey Jamie this looks like another killer top secret bar you've done let us know when its done and we will be there mai tai in hand, Hope your german trip was good, pity we coulnt make it. Cheers

Hey Guys,
This is looking great, but you know its only going to be another distraction for Trader Jim & the aloof Issue 3 all though i do know he is still hard at work burning the midnite oil on this.
I cant wait to make a visit & sup a few mai tai's ( no more Zombies for me ever again).

Sian the Beachcomber.

Come-on Cheeky...spill the beans. where is it?

P

On 2007-09-26 11:52, ExoticTramp wrote:
Hey Guys,
This is looking great, but you know its only going to be another distraction for Trader Jim...

Missed this one! Obviously my better half (oh, SO much better!) didn't! The funny thing is, that when the windows are open here at Tiki Towers, in Frimley, Surrey, I swear I can smell 'fresh' tiki! So, despite you not 'spilling the beans' on it's location, my guess would be south of Trader Vic's and Mahiki 'cause I can barely smell them until I get to Twickenham? Am I right? Does anyone else have any ideas?

Must say that it really looks different! I know that is not usually a great compliment, but any new place that is not working to a tried and tested formula of 'tikiness' is o.k. with us! We like different...we WANT different! That fireplace/oven looks great! Keep up the good work guys, BRITIKI needs your tireless enthusiasm and damn hard work! If you need a hand testing the chow 'n' grog you know I'm always prepared to get my hands dirty! There are adequate washrooms aren't there? Good.

Look forward to the ?????? opening! See the rest of you there!!!

All the Best - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai at that 'NEW' place, where ever it is!).

An A-frame slapped onto traditional British townhouses is truly in the best tradition of Polynesian pop, as witnessed at the Kon-Tiki in Montreal, various Trader Vic's (see TIKI MODERN, page 24), ....and the mysterious "Tiki" in "The Cracksman".

Just been grilling the cheekies on the phone.

No location yet, but you can get there by tube!

Opening could be soon[ish]!

More info once I find the thumbscrews...

On 2007-10-06 06:07, POCKETIKI wrote:
So, despite you not 'spilling the beans' on its location, my guess would be south of Trader Vic's and Mahiki 'cause I can barely smell them until I get to Twickenham? Am I right? Does anyone else have any ideas?

All the Best - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai at that 'NEW' place, where ever it is!).

Can't smell it from Cambridge, Trader Jim. So, it must be sauf o' the river!

We're out of the country 2-4 Nov ... just in case anyone's planning an opening...

I reckon, with enough of us tiki nuts honing in on the sensory transmissions of this 'mystery' tiki establishment, just like radar, we can find it's actual location! I think we'd definitely head north, up the A3 for starters...anyone else got any tiki vibes to share?

Lookin' forward to the imminent tiki get together! - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai...THERE!).

I've done the local smell test and I'm guessing that the bar is not near me in the cotswold countryside.
All I'm getting is cow manure on the fields.

Trader Jim, if the bar is close, you'll have to make yours a Moo-Tai!

Sorry

[ Edited by: tikiracer 2007-10-10 00:42 ]

On 2007-10-10 00:41, tikiracer wrote:
...All I'm getting is cow manure on the fields.

Trader Jim, if the bar is close, you'll have to make yours a Moo-Tai!

Sorry

[ Edited by: tikiracer 2007-10-10 00:42 ]

And so you should be with material like that!

Actually that might not be manure? I've he(a)rd that the locals are serving lame cocktails at a pretty shitty pub called 'The Spotted Cow' in your area, so it could be that!

Get ready to moo..ve on over to London (South's my guess, I swear the smell of rum is getting stronger!) for pastures new when this mystery Tiki hangout opens it's doors my friend! I've he(a)rd (so good I used it twice!) it could be as early as next week!?!!

All the Best from Tiki Farm (Doh! That's already taken!!), Tiki Towers - Trader Jim (make mine a Moo-Tai on Tiki Racer!).

Come on CHEEKYTIKI...Spill the BEANS!

I should be sorry!

You're really milking this joke, please try an udder idea. If this is supposed to be the cream of British tiki comedy then bring back Carry on.

Mmmm now that's an idea.

Carry on Tiki Bar
Sid James behind the bar, Hattie Jakes in glass skirt, Kenneth Williams native fire walker?...

But seriously, come on Jamie, how about the name, just the name.

On 2007-10-10 23:01, tikiracer wrote:

Mmmm now that's an idea.

Carry on Tiki Bar
Sid James behind the bar, Hattie Jakes in glass skirt, Kenneth Williams native fire walker?...

Ha ha ha ha ... Jim Dale as the missionary or Charles Hawtry? ... I'm lovin' this idea... Finella Fielding as the Bar's exotic dancer... Babs Windsor as the missionary's sister, seduced by the bar owner?

Now, where is that bar, Anjy & Jamie???

I would like to point out that there is a "Tiki" Carry on film, Carry On Again Doctor

A disgraced doctor is sent to a remote clinic on an inhospitable tropical island where he learns of a native slimming potion. He flies back to England to cash in on the potion, soon finding success running a lavish slimming clinic. However his former professional rivals who had been instrumental in sending him away in the first place now want a slice of the profits, as does the real discoverer of the slimming potion.

also there is some tiki's in Carry On Columbus but that one is best forgotten.

On 2007-10-10 23:01, tikiracer wrote:
...But seriously, come on Jamie, how about the name, just the name.

Is it the 'CHEEKYHIKI'?...'CHEEKYHALA'?...'CHEEKY-KAI'? Maybe sticking with the London tiki theme, the 'CHEEKYCOCKNEYHIKI'? I know!...the 'BEACHEEKYCOMBER'? No... no...it's...'TRADER CHEEK'S'! Oh, I don't know, but if it ain't one of those and you've already made the sign, I bet you're kicking yourselves now!!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!...SOON!!!

(I won't be botherin' with a 'spell check on this one!).

GOT IT!! It came to me in a dream last night...'KON-CHEEKY'! Dunno how I didn't think of that first time round...it was late I guess?

I'm hoping it's not the 'SARF SEAS BAR & GRILL' which also came to me in a nightmare I had last night! I was there, wearing nothing but my beautiful tiki jacket, my favourite 'tiki' in my hand, when...Actually, this is not the place for this!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

Ok,OK, I give in....................

Yes Jim, your nose was spot on (that sounds weird, but anyway) it is in South London, Clapham Junction,247-249 Lavender Hill to be exact.
Now they are currently running a soft opening whilst things are finished off, completed etc and the Grand opening will be at the start of November. But for you, my little Tiki Possums, we are going to have a Party before that.

And the plan is that if you bring a small item of Tiki(none of that plastic crap you collect Trader Jim!)that you would like to decorate the Bar, you can swap it for a glass full of Sugarcanes very own Rum Punch.

When would best suit most of you?

On 2007-10-14 02:20, cheekytiki wrote:
Ok,OK, I give in....................

And the plan is that if you bring a small item of Tiki(none of that plastic crap you collect Trader Jim!)that you would like to decorate the Bar, you can swap it for a glass full of Sugarcanes very own Rum Punch.

When would best suit most of you?

Firstly...You've embarassed yourself with your ignorance there Jamie! The majority of my 'tiki collection' comprises of tikis that are polymer based it is true, but to just call them 'plastic' shows a lack of knowledge in this field. Now I don't want to come across as a 'tiki snob' here, but please do your research before making such missinformed comments. They're cheap too!!!

Secondly...Are we still invited? Next weekend wouldn't be ideal.

Thirdly...SUGAR CANE! What a great name, although I think one or two of mine had potential. Good to see a little imagination showing here guys! The logo and typeface are very TIKI MODERN too! Love the way it echoes the top of the A-Frame. Strong branding.

Now I'm off to eBay to see if I can pick up a 'ceramic' or 'wooden tiki' for trade.

Trader Jim - Make mine a FREE Sugar Cane's Rum Punch...then a Mai-Tai!

fab - top name and super nice branding too.

I'm away from 31st Oct - 8th Nov, which is probably the time you're thinking of. But if I can't make the tiki opening we'll come on by for a drink or more.

Send more pics soon.

Great to see Britiki in action making a real life working business. Mahalo for another uk tiki haunt. We'll do our best to to keep it going!

We're away 2-5 Nov... but not with Tikiracer!

Trivia: 'Sugar Cane' was Marilyn Monroe's character's name in Some Like it Hot...

On 2007-10-12 13:06, atomictonytiki wrote:
I would like to point out that there is a "Tiki" Carry on film, Carry On Again Doctor

Of course! Dr Nookey! The Beatific Islands... Doh!

Congratulations Cheekies!! Love the name.
Wish we could make the pre-opening!!

Not to go off topic but we had an absolute blast getting to meet all of you and look forward to returning in the not too distant future...
Unfortunately, we returned from Greece with a broken camera !! (which is why I haven't posted any pics). Finally got to "developing" the shots. Here's one of my faves:

Now back to "Sugar Cane"...

On 2007-10-14 12:17, Conga Mike wrote:
Congratulations Cheekies!! Love the name.
Wish we could make the pre-opening!!...

We wish you guys could make it too! It was a pleasure hooking up with you and showing you a little BRITIKI! I got some pics somewhere but heaven knows where at this point in time? If I bump into them I'll email 'em to ya! Wearin' my Forbidden Island tee and shirt with pride!! Hope to visit someday.

Thanks for posting the picture, ah...good memories of that day!

Take care - Trader Jim & Sian the Beachcomber xx (Make mine a Mai-Tai & Sian's a non-alcoholic...She's in the driving seat!).

Sugar Cane....Awesome!

Another great excuse to hop across the pond soon.

Matt

How about the 27th for everybody?

soz, no good for me, family get together, I can't dodge it.,

We can't make that either :(

Someone give me some ideas then

I guess we're looking for fri/sat/sun, although I can do some mid week days [monday and thursday not good]

we're good for Oct 26 and then Nov 16, 17, 18, 23, Dec 1,2

Sorry not a lot of help.

If it's got to be a Fri-Sun then:

Can do Fri 19 Oct or Sun 21
Not Fri 26 or Sat 27 Oct
Not 2-5 November inclusive
Can do 9-11 Nov, 16-18 Nov 23-24 Nov

And I'm already in London after work on 23 Oct to meet up with some girlfriends...

How about this Saturday then

On 2007-10-15 11:00, cheekytiki wrote:

I don't think that is ideal for us folk here at Tiki Towers, but what the heck! We'll try to get there one way or another (cue Blondie!)!! Lookin' forward to getting together again!!!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

On 2007-10-15 11:00, cheekytiki wrote:

Errr... We can't do Saturday this week... Only Friday or Sunday!

It's a right bugger this getting together milarky innit?!!? Sunday evening would be o.k for us but Friday is a no-no! Sian has to be up a 5.00am Saturday morning! I, of course, will be getting my quotion of beauty sleep and dreaming of the day POCKETIKI #3 finally hits the streets....straight into the gutter probably!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai at the SUGAR CANE...soon!

On 2007-10-15 15:32, POCKETIKI wrote:

I, of course, will be getting my quotion QUOTIENT :wink: :roll:
of beauty sleep and dreaming of the day POCKETIKI #3 finally hits the streets

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai at the SUGAR CANE...soon!

A stickler for grammar, maybe I should write something for POCKETIKI... no, wait ... I should have done that already... sorry Trader Jim!

Sunday's OK for us!

C

Aloha, everybody!

I think a lot of people's weekends are filling up soon what with Halloween and Guy Fawke's night coming up... Halloween gets almost as busy as Christmas for some of us :wink:. Friday evenings are less likely to clash with other things. November 10th-11th are OUT for me, but things get easier later in November.

CHRIS

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.