Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

New Art from Tygerjymmy

Pages: 1 2 69 replies

Just Finishin up some new Art for the Galleries its kinda on the Tiki Theme .

Really nice work there mate! I have a lifelong obsession with Manta Rays and Sting Rays so I love the second work down from top. What medium are these and what exactly is your process? :)

Best, Simon.

Thank a bunch yea Mantas are my FAV I do more of those than any other fish I do as soon as they fix the photo posting problem I,ll post a few more mantas . Thanks

Cool stuff jymmy! is that the Manta Ray you were talking about down at Sam's a few weeks ago?

Yes that was it im casting one more up right now , and went to smooth on today to get some brush on 50 I have a 17 inch & 30 inch manta that im gonna cast molds of in the comming week .

B

The mantas rule Tiger J! Wished I had a remote control version of your flaming manta there...

I remember one time my wife and I were snorkeling in Puerto Vallarta, and this mega manta (I mean tank size) cruised by just feet beneath us...It still blows me away to think about it.

Babalu's right! Manta Rays Rule! I like how underneath,they look like they're smilin!
Great work Jymmy! The scale and impact of the pieces must fill your patron's homes with ZAZZ!

Heres a few more I just finished there out of the same molds ive had but the color combos work well .

I REALLY like the bat ray, jymmy. I'm a nut for bar rays.

I wished I lived close to smooth on (reynolds), I just ordered some stuff on the internet. I can't wait to try it out!

Dude the Stuff works great

C

Nice!

L
Limey posted on Thu, Oct 11, 2007 7:59 PM

Hey TJ. Love the work you are doing on the mantas. Have you ever seen the work of Aussie artist Patricia Piccinini. she does some cool molded work in a similair vein you might like. Cyclepups and truck babies.
http://www.patriciapiccinini.net/
Here is a Ray painting called 'Rescue' I did a few years back.
ka Kite. Limey.

Hey Dude Very kool art work havent herd of the work before but I gotta say Very kool . im gonna post a few more this next week im finishing for the Galleries .

lets see more TJ the vegas stuff?

I just finished up another Vegas Sign but did a few different things to it for the customer this ones a 3 piece canvas the star is a hand made,r poker chips & cards for the welcome , I ll have 5 more in a week im just puttin the finishing touchs on them ow heres a few others I just did .

Ow heres another not Vegas but still Kewl 1953 Bowser Gas Pump

Very nice work.....do you sell raw castings of your mantas???

heres a couple of new ones

I love that old pump! Anything Vegas is cool too, but you did a great job on this stuff, so it's that much cooler...

tyger jymmy...Where you been ? missed you at the last couple art shows... Your stuff looks great!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2008-03-18 23:27 ]

Thanks Sam your work is realy kool love it , yes Hip ive been outa the mix was sick for two months one was bed riddin & making trips to Kasier for a bunch of test . but im gettin back into things startin to paint again , Ill post a few more im workin on soon .

this one I realy like doin .

Bar just finished up fora Client .

[/img]

baby Zach 10 months now . man how time flys

Ive been makin up these new Miniture Manta Rays there mounted on Polished Aluminum Base,s Came out realy Kool im finishing these in Gold leaf and Various Candy Kolors . heres the three .

heres one up close .

Beautiful work, Jimmy! I'd love to stripe those up!

Heres a Tocan I did for a Ladys Cocktail room . kinda kool never thought I would do one of these Kinda on the Tiki side of things .

Thank you Sam your werk Flippin ROCKS , UR ONE OF MY fAVS bETWEEN kIRBY & LLT & YOU very very kool . again Thank you for ur Comments !!

Hey Jymmy! Love those little mantas (and the big ones further up the thread too). I agree with sam - it'd be cool to see them pinstripped!

Nice work - good to see you posting some new stuff!

yes they would be preaty kool all striped up . the red one I did for a lady to match a 48 incher I did for her so those were just plain . but yea I,ll Stripe one up . humm let see .

Jym, the mantas are 3D (fiberglas?), how about that cool toucan? Is it painted on a canvas/board or is it 3D too?

Yes the mantas are a 3 d effect the mouths are open glass eyes , what I realy liked is how I blended the colors there bellys go from almost a transparent black gold to the red ,when I based the tops I used Veragated gold leaf then pagen gold then candy red so you get a realy rich gold that shimmers throught the red . the Tocan is kinda three dee effect his eye I tryed making it look like the glass eyes I use on my fish and the bill I tryed realy close to gettin it to look real & feathers on the black and white .

a Redwood Sculpture I did a few of these and this one was the last one of um . Buried it in Candy red & leaf Aluiminum base . sucker weights like 20 pounds .

C'mon Jymmy!
You are soooo CLOSE to carving a Tiki right now!

I just finished up another stroller for my kid Zach .

heres a marlin I did featuring a flamed rear tail .

Zach is the luckiest kid in the world!
Bitchin Scooter!

Great stuff Jymmy! I really dig those flamed fish too!

Killer stroller! Every kid should have one!
Hell, I want one and I don't even have kids.
The mantas are quite unique too. Really fun stuff.

Great Art Jymmy! it's always great to check in & see what your up too I love the vivid colors you use "EyeCandy Baby"!!

Thanks a Bunch yes workin on some new stuff , finally . heres one for Sam was thinkin of him when I was doin this one .

Jymmy! that is the coolest stroller ever!

Love the vegas piece with the subtle flames in the background

Great new stuff... did you ever end up pinstriping and mantas?

Simply EXCELLENT Vegas piece tygerjymmy! Great flames, concept - everything! I love the swankiness! The flames look dead on real too. Great piece, tygerjymmy! I love anything vintage Vegas-sy!

Thank you Very much Sam yes I realy dig the Vegas themed stuff alot . Heres my bike I just finished up it has fenders too but they cover up the rims way too much so I left them off . put Flamed tires on it wide bars then mixed up some Tangelo & Sunrise pearl colors and tinted them a bit to get the right Kolors .

heres a Commishion job I did a few months back for a guy into martinis & harleys

Nice colors on that bike, and nice bike! Orange is my favorite color. Leopard-print cushy handles (hard to see)?

I dig the luminosity you got out of that Harley sign. Great job.

Pages: 1 2 69 replies