Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

85,000 dollar Mai Tai

Pages: 1 6 replies

Actually, it will cost you a bit more than that unless you are a guest. They charge extra for drinks and they are famous for the Mai Tai there. The memberships are rare as hen teeth.

This may be the most expensive Mai Tai in the world.

Life is a state of mind

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-09-25 12:06 ]

Shouldn't that be Baccarat crytal for that price? :D

it looks like a taco bell

If you looked at the pictures above you are probably wondering,"Why is this in general tiki? My boss has been a member at this club since the early sixties. The club has been there for almost a hundred years and looks pretty much the same now as its looked since it was built. It has multi generation members and many of them like my boss, would take their families to Trader Vic's, Don the Beachcomber, and other tiki palaces in the fifties and sixties.
There must be some great pictures of those places in some of their albums that I would love to see.
Birthday parties were always at Trader Vic's, at the same table for my bosses family. The authentic Mai Tai is the most requested drink according to the bartender and I think it says something. The decor here is as far from tiki as you can, yet many of these members remember and love tiki as evidenced by the shirts and drinks.

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-09-29 09:50 ]

How much does it cost to rent the drink for a few minutes? :roll:

Looks a bit deserted.

O

I have only taken pictures early in the day to avoid getting the members in them. One of the other families there had this tiki wedding. I took these pictures in Maui about 10 years ago.

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-09-30 14:54 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies