Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Suzanne built her bar!!

Pages: 1 7 replies

S

It's done! I did it! Now all I need is to get something to put in it besides my one lonely and sad bottle of Falernum! She has been named the Picture of Paradise bar, because of the wooden picture frame I used in the construction of the front. The decoration in the background needs a little more work; the green curtain will be arranged better and the fabric at the top of the window will be turned into an actual curtain soon, and I'm looking for bamboo window shades. I also may paint and have lots more art to get framed and hung. But I built the bar with my own two hands, and she's finished!

...and then there was a duck.

[ Edited by: suzanne 2014-03-17 12:35 ]

MT

Awesome!!! That bar looks great! You have done a great job, especially with using recycled materials. And man, you are speedy, you put me to shame!!!

And might I add, those are 4 awesome mugs to have in any tiki bar. They will help keep that bottle of falernum happy for a while - until they drain it.

I have a feeling that students at UNT are about to be bitten by the Tiki Bug. Somebody call the CDC, because there's an epidemic a brewin', and it's about to spread fast!

S

Aw, thanks, Mai Tai! It's the first attempt I have ever made at building something, and although she is modest, I think she fits the room well. I'm very excited. As far as the tiki bug going around UNT, I have an itchy little feeling that you might be right about that! Hopefully a stock-the-bar party will be up in just a few weeks...

:D

Suzanne

Great job indeed. Love the display window. I am not that talented with a saw and hammer....you go girl!!! :)

M

This project makes me think of the possibility of using the wooden television enclosures from the 1950's as the base for a new backyard outdoor tiki "room" bar. This was a cool project. Thanks for sharing.

S

What an interesting idea! If you start a project with old tv cases, please post photos! I wanted to have some sort of window or opening because it seemed to me that all of our gorgeous bottles of rum are well worth looking at, and are all too often hiding underneath a bar where they can't be seen. This way, we can enjoy them both in our drinks and as a nice view. Now I just have to be able to afford a few! :wink:

Suzanne

MT

I also think it's a cool idea of using an old tv cabinet for a bar. I actually have an old tv cabinet here, it was my grandfather's. It's too nice to cut up though - I was thinking of putting one of those newly manufactured Predicta TV tubes into it instead. I guess I could always watch Tiki Bar TV on it!

If you make a bar out of an old tv cabinet, be sure to post pics of it!

S

I love that company, they have the coolest sets. My friend Marty in Daly City is a wiz with these sorts of things, though, and simply put a modern TV set into his old case. It looks amazing and works perfectly like a new tv should! He gets dish network and does Tivo with it and everything. One of these days I'm going to ask him how he did it.

Suzanne

Pages: 1 7 replies