Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

11/18/07 - WAITIKI and Beach Bum Berry present an Exotic Sippin' Safari

Pages: 1 2 69 replies

MH

Okonkuluku folks!

We've just posted the details of the new event!

http://waitiki.com/press/111807-pressrelease.cfm

Please come!

Okonkulukú,

Mr. Ho of WAITIKI

[ Edited by: Mr. Ho 2007-10-06 10:11 ]

[ Edited by: Mr. Ho 2007-11-07 19:24 ]

[ Edited by: Mr. Ho 2007-11-08 07:46 ]

[ Edited by: Mr. Ho 2007-11-13 13:48 ]

S

Psyche!!

J

This sounds absolutely great! Boston and us NE tikiphiles are so lucky to have you guys!

Hokey Smokes!

WOW!YES!

R
Rain posted on Sun, Oct 7, 2007 7:42 PM

¡schwing!

J

speechless here - Thanks for getting this event on deck! Now to work on the sittage...

S

So how do we reserves spaces for this anyway?

Just stopping by to see if there is any news on the event.. or ticket info!

MH

details coming soon. working on press release right now. hope to sell tickets on our site via paypal up front. i'll post it on here before we blast our newsletter so that TCers get first dibs on seats, not that we expect a rapid sell out but you never know!

Woo hooo - I got my tix.. Im in!

MH

Thats right - jpmartdog was numero uno in line to get his ticket - which are now on sale if you didn't see the event posting on TC. http://www.waitiki.com/shows.cfm for details! Hoping to get some raffle prizes donated as well (Br. Cleve is going to contact a bunch of vendors but if anybody would like to get their shop mentioned at the show and provide a raffle prize, you can hit me up too!)

mahalo,
Ho

S

I'm in! Ticket purchased and everything! Yay!

T

Yeah, I did it too!

Jack

K

rev_thumper and I are in, too. Anyone have nearby hotel recommendations?

R
Rain posted on Thu, Oct 18, 2007 3:34 PM

The Leila and I are paid and in. I missed the rum tasting (damn you, education), but I'm not missing this.

S

On 2007-10-18 15:34, Rain wrote:
I missed the rum tasting (damn you, education), but I'm not missing this.

Ed Hamilton - the Minister of Rum - offered to come up and do a tasting for us. But it looks like there's too many other plans on his available weekends so his visit might have to be bounced to a later date. If this is the case, I'll be doing another rum tasting at Granite-tiki's, in Nashua. Probably Dec 9, but things need to be fully planned. No matter what happens we'll manage another rum tasting, somehow, somewhere, sometime before Xmas.

75 bucks??? That's what the Hukilau cost! and I got to see Bum and Waitiki there too! and Charles Phoenix, Robert Drasnin, the Haole Kats & Pablus, Buddy Holly, Slip & the Spinouts, Zeppelin, King Kukulele, Crazy Al & Ape, and that witchdoctor guy. I love him. Did you guys get that witchdoctor guy??

Scott, the Minister of Rum dissed you? He's losing his base constituency. Who does he think drinks all the goddamned rum on this side of the world--The Teamsters? When's he up for re-election?? I'll write you in.

Go Sox.

S

On 2007-10-18 18:22, pappythesailor wrote:
Scott, the Minister of Rum dissed you? He's losing his base constituency. Who does he think drinks all the goddamned rum on this side of the world--The Teamsters? When's he up for re-election?? I'll write you in.

OH, NO, not at all! He was kind enough to offer, and that offer still holds. But it seems like there's a lot of stuff going on during the free time he has, and almost any date would mean that the NY Ohana would not be able to attend. I'd hate to drag him out here for 10 people, and I'd dearly hate to pick a date when 90% of the NY Ohana could not make it.

And thanks for your support, but I have got a long way to go before I could sit in his seat.

MH

Hey Pappy

Hope you can make it. Yea, it may seem like a high ticket price but considering there is limited space available for this and that it's all inclusive (including gratuity) , it's actually not a bad deal. 4 cocktails of these quality would cost about 12/each + tip. that's about 50$ right there. That means that the remaining $25 goes to cover WAITIKI's share of the evening (nothing huge mind you), the Bum's fee, hotel, and air/local transportation, advertising, and the free dimsum/food being offered by the restaurant. We're also having to acquire specialty ingridients, glassware, projector rental, and various other small stuff that all adds up - believe me, nobody is getting rich on this event! I am hoping that Br. Cleve manages to get some schwag from tiki vendors too so lucky folks can walk away with some prizes. All of this with no sponsorship right now either.

We hope that you all realize that with WAITIKI comes quality and that it should be a night worth remembering! BTW - we even have a special well-known TC wahine from the Cali area coming out so we'll be merging east and west coast tiki ohana! :wink:

Mr. Ho

B

Bargoyle has tickets now. Wants to see what the hell this 'tiki'-thing is all the kids are into nowadays.

Buncha crazy pagan-loving rum-slurping hoodoo!!

I think 75 clams for a premier night of an event, with Waitiki and Beach bum in our Boston, at the Pho is completely justified; even without the food, booze, schwag and Wahine! Inquiring members should simply cruise the schedule for concert venues and shows in the hub... and if you must... compare values! This opportunity is awesome for Boston and NE Ohana of TC. Yes we do all love the energy, vibe, tradition and tiki memories of the 40's... but in 2007, $75 is the reality in the hub.., and probably cheap at that! I believe the Waitiki/Beach Bum Berry experience at the Pho will be an amazing and unique memory for all of us to savor!

Thanks to Waitiki for creating this event!

You know what Im really sorry about... that Waitiki would even be made to feel they must defend the value of their event! Thanks for your supreme efforts guys!

You're right.... dinner for two with lots of drinks at somewhere nice is going to cost almost as much and this event offers more than that. Sure, it would be nice to pay less but we are in for the ticket price plus travel and lodging expenses and I don't have a problem with that.

MH

Mahalo everyone. I don't feel like we're having to defend it in some great way - pappy's got a right to ask! And, he's been really supportive of us in the past by attending shows etc. Mahalo for the enthusiasm and please spread the word! Maybe next time, we will have some help with getting sponsorship or something to offset the costs to the Villagers of Okonkuluku...we'd love to get it cheaper!

p.s. i dont know any cheap hotels in cambridge and have been asked before; same with boston. you are looking at probably $140/night min in the boston/cambridge area proper ;-(

This really does sound like a fantastic time. If Nicole and I were not going to be in Ft. Lauderdale that weekend for a wedding we would definitely be coming up from NYC for this event. Waitiki AND the Bum? Too much.

We will however do our best to hit the Mai Kai to soften the pain.

have a great time everybody and please do it again sometime!

S

On 2007-10-23 14:17, leisure master wrote:
We will however do our best to hit the Mai Kai to soften the pain.

That's not fair.

:)

W

Hotel deal!

http://dconnect.bestwestern.com/DirectConnectWeb/hotelDescription.do?hotelCode=22046&languageCode=en-US&partnerId=KYK

(best Western Roundhouse Suites)

1-120/night - not bad and close to Pho.

Okonkuluku!

J

Sooooooooooooo - Tell us something New, fun and exciting about the event! Can't Wait!

I'm working on schwag. Still too early to spill any ice cubes.

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together,
Brighter than a lucky penny,
When you're near the rain cloud disappears, dear,
And I feel so fine just to know that you are mine.

My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
That's how this refrain goes, so come on, join in everybody!

Everything that's wonderful is sure to come your way
When you're in love to stay.

'Cause you're in love, you're in love,
And love is here to stay!

[ Edited by: pappythesailor 2007-11-08 07:35 ]

B

Cant help ya with the paypal problem pappy (hows THAT for an alliteration?!?!), but if you use the intarweb to go to waitiki.com , some of your concerns may be addressed.

This may have something to do with it, Pappy...

RSVP today at [email protected] as there is limited seating for this free event. Or call (617) 262-0005. Stay tuned to this page for details!

Joining us:Beach Bum Berry , Music by Br. Cleve

Note the word "Free"... As far as paypal, got me

[ Edited by: Bogielocks 2007-11-07 15:18 ]

Puppies! Puppies are what I love. Also Waitiki.

[ Edited by: pappythesailor 2007-11-08 08:39 ]

MH
Mr. Ho posted on Wed, Nov 7, 2007 7:10 PM

hi

pappy, i responded to your email today - did you not receive it? i made all correspondence through the address you provided us when you bought the ticket. New PR will come out soon about the show; in short, its not sold out, its on in full, and its now a free cover and cash bar instead of an all inclusive ticket. all ticket purchasers to date have or will be refunded.

re: paypal - yes, you can send money with paypal however, the way it works is this: you dont email the funds as an attachment or something weird like that. Instead, your email address represents a paypal account which is like a temporary bank account (you set this up once for free). you can have a balance at Paypal just like at a bank website. you can retrieve your $$ out of paypal by telling paypal what your bank routing number and checking account number are. once that is done, you click on"withdraw funds" and you can transfer the balance electronically directly into your linked bank account. You can also request a paper check if you dont want to link up your bank account. your routing number is on your paper check as is your bank account; its very easy to setup once and then use over and over in the future.

We can also send paper checks if that is needed, as I mentioned earlier.

mahalo and stay tuned for details - i will update the original topic here to reflect the news SOON.

mr. ho

MH
Mr. Ho posted on Wed, Nov 7, 2007 7:14 PM

one other note to everyone - i just realized i have all these PMs from folks; i never get any alerts when people email me; my [email protected] email was broken, but now is fixed.

Okonkulukú,

Mr. Ho of WAITIKI

[ Edited by: Mr. Ho 2007-11-07 19:21 ]

[ Edited by: Mr. Ho 2007-11-08 22:17 ]

When you're in love to stay.

'Cause you're in love, you're in love,
And love is here to stay!

[ Edited by: pappythesailor 2007-11-08 07:35 ]

S

On 2007-11-07 19:10, Mr. Ho wrote:
You can also request a paper check if you dont want to link up your bank account.

J

Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbow???

Did Pappy go nuts... or what

Crazy. That covers it.

Who's excited about the 18th?

S

I am! I am! I am!

Yippee!!

So, I'm gettin excited for Sunday's event. Looking forward to all aspects - Waitiki, Cleve and the Berry serving up drinks 'like they should be'. What's this?... Dancers... cool. I have a question though, having been to the Pho Republique before, does the occasion warrant more urban dress than the typical castaway tourist attire. So... whats the dress code for us 'hipsters'. I'm bringing my 'gf' from Utah, so looking forward to having her experience the 'fun' & rum.
See you all soon!
J

S

Don't tell me that they're not going to let us in if we're wearing tiki shirts!

MH

tiki garb encouraged!!

MH

Just an FYI - over 200 RSVPs have come in for this event! We're stoked and amazed. its going to be quite a mixture of folks there - tikiphiles and plainphiles alike. we're hoping for maximum jackassery from all ya'll! technically, we're sold out but because not everyone will be coming at the same time probably, we're not capping RSVPs.

can't wait to see all ye NE tiki ohana (and some visitors!)

mr ho

Leavin for Beantown in the morning..... yup, thats right friday morning. Staying at the Marriott Courtyard South Boston - It's close to the 'Pho" and a beautiful hotel. Anyone else staying in Beantown for the event. Looking for others to join me and the girlie for your basic drinkin and debauchery! Friday night, Saturday night, whatever - we'll be hittin the town all weekend. Thanks Waitiki for a great event! Let the games begin! Pm me if you are out and about in beantown this weekend, before the event! Woo hoo! Aloha!

We're aren't arriving in the hub until mid-day Sunday (staying at the Sheraton) but we'll see you at Pho.

Pictures? Stories?

Let's go, somebody sober up and tell this very depressed guy who had to work on Sunday all the details so that I may live vicariously through your exploits!

Video? Court room sketch? Anything!!!

Pages: 1 2 69 replies