Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

11/18/07 - WAITIKI and Beach Bum Berry present an Exotic Sippin' Safari

Pages: 1 2 69 replies

Soon. Soon....

Here's a pic straight out of the Bizarro World.

Sully, you're just a big, ol' teddy bear. Yes you are. Yes you are!

Thunderlips and the Bum. You can tell Dio is a real fan the way he carries his own, personal copy of Sippin' Safari everywhere.

Tim extols the virtues of the common melon while Brian laughs at him.

Hold the phone, there was a Humuhumu sighting here on the East Coast???

There were lots of nice people there.

Sorry, Randy. This was the best pic of you and Mikey I could get:

The place was full of the Orchids of Hawaii lamps. Pho Republic is more tiki than most of the so-called tiki places Sully and I hit yesterday. Good apps too.

I just wanted to say The Bum is as nice a guy as I hoped he'd be. A real gentleman.

More more more!!!! :)

I've just placed the Rendezvous in Okonkoluku record on the turntable, so I can enjoy these pictures with the proper aural backdrop.

[ Edited by: The Granite Tiki 2007-11-19 08:43 ]

Yes, definitely provide more details and photos.

I know I will regret asking for it, because I'm sure it was a blast, but I gots to know what I missed (at least I was at the Mai Kai)!

What a hoot!!

HUGE mahalos to the Bum, Pho, & Waitiki. Jay & I had a pretty crappy day, but it all turned around come sundown!!

Pappy, were you kicking me in the liver the whole ride home?

It sure feels like it.

Great to see everyone, new faces & old.

And BIZZARRO WORLD!?!?!!?!?!

Actually that pic reminds me of the "Eye of the Beholder" Twilight Zone episode...

lol.

Hey, I dont photograph well, but I'm stunningly handsome in person, I swear!!

Ok, I gotta go sneak in a nap under my desk.

P

Looks like phun.

I'm waiting for the sounds though - and the smells.

Did it smell like fun?

More pictures and add a little fragrance please.
Mahalo.

Great pix, folks! Thanks so much for coming out. Once again, an extremely successful NE Tiki event! The success was the fun, which is a rare combination of elements. I have to thank Jack Bardy, owner of Pho Republique, Brother Cleve, Mr. Ho, The Professor, who all contributed selflessly to the organization and logistics (or maybe illogistics, is a better term), of course to the Beachbum, for his expertise and spirit, which provided the inspiration for the event, and to the Thor Stor, Tiki Farm, Sam Gambino, and Diva Pinup for donating prizes which were raffled off, to the staff of Pho for their hospitality and professionalism, to Alex and Matt, the OKU Frat Boys. I'm sure I've left out someone, or some people, and I apologize for that.

But most of all, thanks to everyone who came out, from near and far. It's the people in attendence that make these events happen, and we have a great bunch up here. It was a mixed crowd, in terms of level of Tiki awareness; the range was from people who had no idea what this stuff is, why we drink these drinks, oh yeah, then that weird band, all the way up to Humu Humu. Everyone had a great time, and that's the bottom line. We may not have the kind of landmark establishments like the Mai Kai, or a Trader Vic's, or even anything Tiki in Boston proper, but we have the best hang here. And that's saying a lot; my experience has been that the Tiki crowd is hip, cool, and everyone's a great hang. But there is something special up here. The NE Tiki Tour proved that beyond the shadow of a doubt, and this event reinforces that conclusion.

So thanks again, everyone, and I'm already looking forward to the next thing!

And BIZZARRO WORLD!?!?!!?!?!

Actually that pic reminds me of the "Eye of the Beholder" Twilight Zone episode...

lol.

Hey, I dont photograph well, but I'm stunningly handsome in person, I swear!!

I just meant that you two are polar opposites: she's a girl, petite, blonde, from the west coast, the embodiment of everything sweet and nice and stuff. And you're you. When you touched I we were going to see Total Protonic Reversal!

K

On 2007-11-19 12:40, The Mayor Of Exotica wrote:
Great pix, folks! Thanks so much for coming out. Once again, an extremely successful NE Tiki event! The success was the fun, which is a rare combination of elements. I have to thank Jack Bardy, owner of Pho Republique, Brother Cleve, Mr. Ho, The Professor, who all contributed selflessly to the organization and logistics (or maybe illogistics, is a better term), of course to the Beachbum, for his expertise and spirit, which provided the inspiration for the event, and to the Thor Stor, Tiki Farm, Sam Gambino, and Diva Pinup for donating prizes which were raffled off, to the staff of Pho for their hospitality and professionalism, to Alex and Matt, the OKU Frat Boys. I'm sure I've left out someone, or some people, and I apologize for that.

But most of all, thanks to everyone who came out, from near and far.

And my thanks to you! We had a fabulous time (though waking up this morning was somewhat painful). We probably wouldn't have driven 2 hours for a bar meetup, but the combination of Waitiki and the Bum proved too irresistible to miss. We'll have pictures soon!

Woohoooooooo - that was a blast. I am sure I'm still drunk. Thedrinks were beautiful and delicious. Thanks Waitiki for such a wonderful event. Thanks to Beach Bum Berry for his kindness. What a great mix of Tiki-philes, swanksters, hipsters and drunks! Phew I'm exhausted!

Pappy, Thunder and Johnman break-in the bar!

Rev Thumper and Kristiki are pleased with the authentic concoctions! Wonderful garnishes!

Bargoyle, Pappy, Beach Bum and Scottes

Humuhumu and the Mayor of Exotica strike a deal!

Mr. Ho and his lovely 'vanna white'

Waitiki doing what they do best!.. and I don't mean drinking!

Humuhumu and Beach Bum Berry were a joy to behold!... and soooo freakin nice!

Me and BBB ! That's so cool!

nyuck, nyuck, nyuck! Hey Moe!

J

I was having a great time up until Bargoyle stuffed that tail in my face.

Well I must say this was one outstanding event. To think that I was drinking a REAL Navy Grog in Boston was something to behold. And it was an extra treat to see two members of the California Ohana - Beachbum Berry and Humuhumu! BIG thanks go out to Pho Republique, Beachbum Berry and WAITIKI for getting this together.

Unfortunately I couldn't close the place. I soooo wish I could have. I can't believe I was actually writing code after the night's events. Hmm, maybe I should review my code for grogginess.

Hey - if JP or Pappy has a picture of the Bum and I please post it! I'm going to Photoshop the kids in for my xmas card. Yeah, like that would ever fly!

Glad to finally be able to ditch work and attend one of these N.E. events... here are a few of our less blurry photos.

Dang, the brunch we went to was nice and all, but that clearly we were at the wrong event!

We had a great time at the Pho! Nice meeting all of you and look forward to the Tiki tour!

oooooooooooooooooo! :(
One tiny week ago we were drinking the best cocktails, listening to the best beats and hanging with the best ohana. The Sippin Safari of Beantown was sooooooo great! If I had a time machine I'd set it for Sunday October 18, 2007 and relive it over... and over... and over... and over... and over...
I gotta get a life! Navy Grog Please!

On 2007-11-25 18:06, jpmartdog wrote:
If I had a time machine I'd set it for Sunday October 18, 2007 and relive it over... and over... and over... and over... and over...

Wow, then you'd have a month wait before the party starts.. LOL

Whatever....... details, details - you got the jist of it.
sheesh talk about a groundhog day scenario! The best night of my life always 1 month away!

Great events like these are just the result of efforts by the ohana, and we are the ohana. I'm amazed at how willing the people are to put these things together, and it's not exactly easy, but the good will and enthusiasm combined with the attention to detail and professionalism of everyone involved makes things seem easy. It won't be long before we'll be having an event each month. I remember when there were no events in these parts, and that wasn't that long ago. In the past 6 months we've had a few big events already. And some smaller ones. I like where this trend is going.

Pages: 1 2 69 replies