Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Blade Runner at the landmark thru 10-18

Pages: 1 7 replies

If you never got a chance to see this in the theater, heres your chance if you are in the area.

BLADERUNNER: The FINAL Final Cut
Fri 10/5 - Thu 10/18 (7PM) at Landmark West LA 10850 W Pico Blvd , Los Angeles, CA (Map)

Editors' Take
Ridley Scott's dystopic vision of LA's future has a new print that will put the "Is Deckert a replicant" debate to bed once and for all - or at least until the "Final, final, FINAL Remastered Edition" hits the shelves in 2019.
I know what you're thinking. "What, the director's cut wasn't definitive enough?" "How many times can Warner Brothers trot out their back catalog and call it an Anniversary edition?" "Is this like a trilogy, but without any, you know, new movies?" Well, put aside your skepticism for a moment because this lovingly-restored new version really is worth seeing.
Aside from the "new scenes," including a critical dream sequence that's never been seen, this restored print has pulled out all the technological stops: new digital filtering technology has allowed certain elements of the frame to be rendered with crystalline sharpness, while still preserving the dark, murky vision of the future which is so much a part of the artistic vision of the film. You quite literally have never seen anything like this before.
Landmark is projecting the digital print in all its high definition 4K glory, in a limited 2 week run. This is the only time it will be shown theatrically!
Cost: $11

Visually spectacular, intensely action-packed and powerfully prophetic since its debut, director Ridley Scott's sci-fi noir thriller returns in a definitive Final Cut, including extended scenes and never-before-seen special effects. In a future of high-tech possibility soured by urban and social decay, 21st-century detective Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford) hunts for fugitive, muderous replicants—and is drawn to a mystery woman (Sean Young) whose secrets may undermine his soul. Based on the novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick. Co-starring Rutger Hauer, Edward James Olmos, M. Emmet Walsh and Daryl Hannah. Music by Vangelis. Official Web Site

Director: Ridley Scott

Cast: Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, Sean Young, Edward James Olmos, M. Emmet Walsh, Daryl Hannah, William Sanderson, Brion James, Joe Turkel, Joanna Cassidy, James Hong, Morgan Paull, Kevin Thompson, John Edward Allen, Hy Pyke, Kimiko Hiroshige, Bob Okazaki, Carolyn DeMirjian

MPAA Rating: R

Run Time: 1hr 57mins

Release Year: 1982/2007

Country Of Origin: USA

Landmark Theater https://tickets.landmarktheatres.com/Landmark.aspx?TheatreID=267

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-10-11 14:52 ]

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-20 15:56 ]

Its slso playing in NYC at the Ziegfeld (141 West 54th Street).

Nicole and I saw it on Sunday night. Fantastic.

Can't wait for next year's final version.

One of my favorite films, thanks for the update. I have the Director's Cut which is sadly missing the narration. Will the final final have the narration? At first the narration seemed so flat in the movie compared to the awesome art and sets on the big screen. But without it, the movie feels slightly empty. I just pre-ordered on Amazon. Would love to see it on the big screen, but don't think it is showing in Nor-Cal. :)

On 2007-10-13 09:33, VampiressRN wrote:
I have the Director's Cut which is sadly missing the narration. Will the final final have the narration?

Sorry Vamp, we saw it last night. No narration but this version was incredible to see with the new clarity and all of the new scenes they added.
We talked to someone that is working on the new release. The multi DVD set in a cool case will apparently have all three versions and a documentary on the making. She says it will be around $60.00 and should be out soon. Is this what you ordered?

_

Life is a state of mind

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-10-13 12:06 ]

On 2007-10-13 09:33, VampiressRN wrote:
I have the Director's Cut which is sadly missing the narration. Will the final final have the narration?

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-20 20:12 ]

Yeah I know he hated it and figured we won't get that version. I ordered the 5 disc-version...looks like there will be some good cuts on it. :)

... like a trilogy, but without any, you know, new movies...

That's a funny line!

Pages: 1 7 replies