Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New Member Dennis Mathewson

Pages: 1 13 replies

Aloha everybody,
For some time now I have followed Tiki Central and wish to jump in on some of the topics you all have going. I'm an Artist living in Honolulu and a avid Tiki carver as well. http://www.cosmicairbrush.com if you wish to see more. I am mostly known for my Custom painting on Bikes cars and such and have been doing so for 35 years. I am also a teacher and travel for airbrush and paint companies teaching my craft world wide.I show folks as far a Sweden my Tiki art and they try to copy it. Well not to go on and on I'm also included in the Tiki show at the Bali Hai in San Deigo Nov. 2 and have some new work going with me. Look forward to meeting many of you and hope I can load this pick okay. Its my newest 40X50" on metal called Poker lanai.

Heres a close up of the work, Its all solvent base paints.

/Users/dennis/Desktop/Tiki central/close-poker-lanai.jpg

Sorry heres the pix, still need to get use to the forum.

This is a Tiki I carved at the Las Vegas wood finishers show last summer. It took three days while folks watched. I was in the Iwata airbrush and spray gun booth and I usually do airbrush demos...But at a wood show why not do something different. Had a huge crowd as you know everybody loves tikis. Its a stump I brought from Hawaii Norfolk pine. I used all hand chisels at show full of hi-tech stuff.

This panel was a little more fun I painted during a class in Edmonton Canada las Spring. It took about 2 hours and is all solvent base auto paints. I love super bright colors.

This Tiki chopper is one of my favorite and Island wide in Hawaii most know my art in this form.

Her a had a comission for a family portrait (tiki style)

I am currently working on lots of displays for the SEMA show in Las Vegas the end of the month. Heres what I was doing Yesterday. Thats all for now I don't want to bomb you guys with too much and hope I can fit in? I look forward to hearing from some of you... Aloha Dennis Mathewson

On 2007-10-12 11:19, cosmictiki wrote:

Its my newest 40X50" on metal called Poker lanai.

Here's SlacksFerret's Tiki's playing poker print thread

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-20 20:09 ]

T

The Ku is in the same place in both paintings. Kreepy and Welcome

Beautiful work, and look forward to meeting you at the Bali Hai on Nov 2.

H

Dennis, welcome to TC. Your work is great and your Poker lanai painting looks a lot like my Zombie hut in the backyard. Hope to see you at Bali hai next month.

Welcome to TC. Wow...beautiful work. Love the poker game...selling prints? :)

MA

Aloha and welcome to TC.

Your work is awesome. That piece you are working on looks amazing. I also liked the volcano print and the three jelly fish around the lava flow print on the website. I'm not sure if I will be able to make the art show next month but would be interested to learn more about your work. Do you have other prints?

Pages: 1 13 replies