Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Im invading San Diego, dont tell the chop,chop !

Pages: 1 8 replies

Saturday morning thru Sunday I will be carving a 7-1/2 foot tiki on the boardwalk in Pacific Beach . A customer at Tiki Oasis commissioned me to work on a cut down palm (but still rooted )on her front lawn .It will be 2 or 3 blocks south of Ingrahm on the boardwalk. It will be a happy but drunk retro style tiki with flowers and pineapple headdress. It will also when finished have a round shelf around the middle with polynesian designs . Ill try to take progressive pics as I work on it .

[ Edited by: TIKI-RAY 2007-10-12 12:51 ]

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Oct 12, 2007 1:44 PM

Ray, if you're carving on Saturday anywhere in San Diego, yer PART of the CHOP CHOP! Like it of not, you've been ABSORBED into the Collective Body! You get a secret decoder ring and everything!

Talking about Collective Bodies, . . . WOW!

A

On 2007-10-12 12:41, TIKI-RAY wrote:
It will be 2 or 3 blocks south of Ingrahm on the boardwalk.

Um.... Ingraham runs north-south, is parallel to the Boardwalk, and about 9 blocks east of the Boardwalk. So I'm having trouble figuring out where exactly this is taking place.

Ray, ditto what Cam said.
As for location, maybe you mean south of Grand or Garnet, not Ingraham?

Make sure you get pics!

T

Your right 4wd tiki , I apoligise . Ingrahm was in my mind cause of all the years Ive spent on Fiesta island watching the Unlimited Hydros every Sept. I believe its south of Garnet . Ill be the only guy out there with a Bowflex body and a leopardskin loincloth carving a tiki . I should have my "Easyup" on the lawn .Just look under the circling Helicopters.Call me if you cant find me , Ill have my cell phone . (909) 210-3390
Im looking for that tiki bar in town for later . Any directions ?
This is for you Cammo ...

[ Edited by: TIKI-RAY 2007-10-12 16:37 ]

T

I finally got my mapbook retuned to me so here it is . West on Grand , left on Cass , quick right on Briarfield . South house right at the beach . Sorry !

Well , I worked all weekend on stripping the bark , laying it out and started the carving . The customer has a Shag style retro house with all the furniture and plenty of Shap seigraphs to boot .She wanted a reto style "Happy, drunk looking tiki . Im also adding a shelf below the tounge with polynesian carvings on it and assorted flowers such as Hibiscus , plumerias and ferns . Not shown in the pic is the base which I carved notches in at different levels for small seasonal flower pots . Ill be working on it the day after the Bali Hai show . Hopefully Ill finish it that weekend . She also wants a 3 foot tiki carved on the back at the top to look at the girls riding by on the boardwalk behind the hedge , sweet!

RAY!
is that a picture of the palm you're carving-or a closeup of your STD ravaged "little man"? :lol:
If it's the second choice...i apologize profusely! :D

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2007-10-15 11:57 ]

Yeah , thats me laying down . Youll notice that I have to trim my bush as well .

Pages: 1 8 replies