Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Any Tiki in the LBC? Help.

Pages: 1 11 replies

T

Any of you from the hood in L.B.C.? I need a tiki bar to visit. To make my own hang out. I'm in the area of 7th & Walnut. Thank you.

sams seafood in sunset beach on pch......my nizzy!

T

Yep. Sams Seafood is your best bet for the area!

:tiki:

T

TikiPimpDaddy,

Sam's might even have to 40oz's of Old English in the back for the boy's in da 'hood!

There's a Tiki bar in Sunset Beach? I better go check it out.... :)

M

With so much drama in the L-B-C
It's kinda hard bein' hella into tiki
But I, somehow, some way
Keep comin up with funky ass mai-tais like every single day
May I, kick a little something for the tikis (yeah)
and, make a few drinks as I breeze, through
Two in the mornin and the rum's still flowin' cause my momma ain't home
I got wahines in the living room gettin it on
and, they ain't leavin til six in the mornin (six in the mornin)
So what you wanna do, sheeeit
I got a copy of Da Grog Log and my homeboys do too
So turn off the lights and light the torch
But (but what) we don't love Taboo Cove, yeah!
So we gonna make a drink to this
Vic's up, Don's down, while you motherfuckers bounce to this....

martiki, that was cool!

With so much drama in the LBC it's kinda hard bein' Snoop Trader V-I-C :lol:

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-02-08 11:14 ]

WORD UP MY NIZZY!!, 40's at sams all-round, but only king corba at dis here crib(O_E be weak bongster)

EASTSIDE!!!!

Dude you're on 7th and Walnut? I'm always schlepping around all the bars out in that area. Alex's on Anaheim, Fern's, The Red Room, and The V-Room on 4th.

I used to live by 7th & Redondo and my fave local beer bar was Joe Jost's on Anaheim. This place was a blast outa the past. They claimed to have the first liquor license in Long Beach issued after prohibition, and I believe it. The pool & snooker tables in the back had to be the original equipment...solid wood, leather pockets, no coin slots or automatic ball return. Refreshments are pretty basic, Pabst on tap, Polish sausage sandwiches and pickled eggs. As Monty Python would say "really opens the sluices at both ends". Hope it ain't burned down or anything, I'm looking forward to a return appearance next time I'm up.

There's lots of bars down there where, according to a bartender friend of mine that worked a few of thgose spots told me, the locals have been going there for 60 years before they were born. This means they've been hanging out there since they were old enough to drink but they're parents used to hang out there when they were young, and they're grandparents used to hang out their back in their days. The Red Room on 4th has a hidden basement that used to be used as a speakeasy during prohibition. The red Room also has the best jukebox I've seen at any bar. the crowd in their is a little tragically hip though.

Pages: 1 11 replies