Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Big Chop in Babalu's Hood - Nov. 18th

Pages: 1 2 3 121 replies

B

Come one, come all...Nov. 18th is the date for yet another Chop in scenic Lemon Grove, unless we change it...Can I get an Amen?

B

Amen!

YAAAAY!!!! I don't have to spend $40. in gas again! This means I'm bringing a few logs, man.

Thanks, Babs!!

Ah, umm, tenative Amen.

B

Captain Crud,

Did you already clean the one Cat out of all his logs that were laying around? If not, we could always make another run...did he have any wide logs in that other pile? I can store "some" logs here under the porch - out of the weather.

The other tree removal dude that found me is primed and ready for us...when we are ready, I will call him.

Babs, if you've got a line on some more logs, let's go see 'em, man!! I've got a commission I'm working on and I need just the right logs. I'll PM you my cel and I'm free all day Saturday. I've got the kid, but she's content in her car seat with some raisins for at least long enough to throw some logs in the back.

C

Hey, I vote 'San Diego Tiki Carvers' as well. Why not?

I think that's three votes yes so far....

And thank you Billy for not naming the Myspace account 'The Crudniks'!

Yeah, or the "Chopniks" or maybe "Socal Tiki Chop-chop Club Organization Company Association Mfg Inc. Ltd Company" What a mess that would be!

The whole idea is to have a name that describes what we do and where to find us, nothing more. Otherwise, we're just individually "some tiki carvers in San Diego"......well, wich ones, man? It's like if Rick had no name.......just some white dude in Lemon Grove. We'd need a way to describe him, that's all.

B

uhhhhh, now "Chopniks", that's cool! Might have to change my vote :) ....or how about the "Pink Beavers"? Now that rolls off your tongue like candy.

I think just to be called "White Dude in Lemon Grove" is kind of catchy....it's kinda like "Sting" or "Cher". or maybe just my house number "6711"...now that's even better...kind of like when Prince became his tattoo or whatever.

C
Cammo posted on Sat, Oct 20, 2007 1:36 PM

"some white dude in Lemon Grove"

But that exactly how I do think of him!

He should have little arrow signs leading to his house saying "3 Miles to the White Dude" and "You're getting closer to the White Dude", and "Turn here for the White Dude's house".

Over his house he could have a HUGE sign saying "The Whitest House in Lemon Grove!"

On 2007-10-20 13:36, Cammo wrote:

Over his house he could have a HUGE sign saying "The Whitest House in Lemon Grove!"

In Lemon Grove, this would start a riot.

On 2007-10-20 12:38, Babalu wrote:
....or how about the "Pink Beavers"? Now that rolls off your tongue like candy.

Um. I'm going to have to vote "no" on that one.

C
Cammo posted on Sat, Oct 20, 2007 6:03 PM

The Pink Beaver would make a nice mascot, though. I've lived in Northern Canada and those beavers can gnaw through wood like crazy.

B

I've already made a poop load of mugs that say the "San Diego Chop Chop" on them...change the last ones to say something else? What?

HT

On 2007-10-20 12:13, Billy the Crud wrote:
Yeah, or the "Chopniks" or maybe "Socal Tiki Chop-chop Club Organization Company Association Mfg Inc. Ltd Company"

Boys and Girls we can shorten Billys name to this "S.T.C.C.C.O.C.A.M.I.LTD.Co." But why would we need something like that? Lets call it what it is "SD OR SOCAL TIKI CHOPPERS".

By the way I have lived in the Crazy Little City of Lemon Grove for over 30 years now, my whole family lives here, mom, dad, sister, brother, aunts, uncles, cousin's, you name it. It started in the 40's.

Top that newbie...

[ Edited by: H2O Tiki 2007-10-20 19:00 ]

B

Yeah! What he said!...

On 2007-10-20 18:39, Babalu wrote:
I've already made a poop load of mugs that say the "San Diego Chop Chop" on them...change the last ones to say something else? What?

NO!!! The mugs were to commemorate a "Chop Chop" that we had. That's different. We are tiki carvers IN or around San Diego, who have "Chop" parties. Geddit?

And Brian, if you mention the term "Socal" again, I'm going to dress you up like Mike Ness (complete with REALLY bad tattoos) and pimp your big ass out to old perverts in Orange County.

Now, today,.........let's have a totally disorganized log stripping, rum drinking party.

If I ever become my own biggest fan, somebody SHOOT ME!!

RWT32 Las Vegas32, F&AM

http://myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

B

Freakin Rum! I feel like someone hit me between the eyes with a hammer!

The good news, however, is that a few of the boys bounced into the hood last night in an attempt to strip some logs...yeah right.

We do have some logs cut up for some of you new carvers that would like to give carving a try....just show up on the 18th...logs are a go. All are welcome.

Right now, SD is surrounded by "a burning ring of fire :music: "

Billy made a bird perch...

Schooled by the finest.....Capt. K and Master G

[ Edited by: Babalu 2007-10-22 10:56 ]

[ Edited by: Babalu 2007-10-22 11:14 ]

[ Edited by: Babalu 2007-10-22 11:15 ]

Hoo, boy! Dehydrated today and the air is so thick with smoke, even here in Chulajuana, that my sinuses are bugging the shit out of me.

We got logs picked up yesterday for sure, but only got everything else half done because drinking was more fun! Now, here I sit in my condo with a truck full of heavy, half stripped shit that I don't feel like unloading, (but the HOA will grill me if I don't) and I can hardly breathe. I attempted to strip a log with Babs' draw knife, but almost choked. This sucks ass, man. I'm turning the AC on recirc and staying indoors.

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Nov 2, 2007 9:18 AM

TIG - 42

C

TGIF-38

B
Babalu posted on Fri, Nov 2, 2007 9:50 AM

TGIF 47 - 2 = 45

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Nov 2, 2007 9:55 AM

Clyde, 38 is taken!

T

TIG- 33

C

you didn't say we had to pick different numbers!!...I stand by my choice...and buzzy and I can have a chisel to the death when we both win! :D

M
mieko posted on Fri, Nov 2, 2007 10:26 AM

Lemme know if anyone else wants to come to dinner at 6:15. If I don't hear from ya I'll get a smaller table.

Also - I have wood! That needs to be picked up in Spring Valley. Can anyone help? Guy says there's 7 6foot logs. He's right off of Campo Road on the 94. All of the wood is up for grabs. I can take some or not. We can put it at my house to dry, or I might have a spot even closer.

Guy would prefer tomorrow, lemme know.
Oh, and 49

tropicaldesignsbymieko.com

[ Edited by: mieko 2007-11-02 10:29 ]

Z
Zaya posted on Fri, Nov 2, 2007 10:28 AM

I feel like a dork and like you guys know something that I don't know, but I'm sticking with my TIG - 57.

Mieko - I'll see you at 6:15.

Meiko...sent you a pm.....

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Nov 2, 2007 1:13 PM

Kate could be right. Who knows? Cutoff time is 5:00 for TIGs!

HT

TIG, 51 no 58 maybe 64 I don't know. It is easier to pull numbers out of a hat

TIG 44

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Nov 2, 2007 3:07 PM

H2O - which is it?????

Winner?

C
Cammo posted on Sat, Nov 3, 2007 6:46 PM

Kate may have the number.

Give her some time, she's been a busy lady.

T

I thought that Cam was supposed to have the number. Kate was drunk. I think H2O wins.

T

Alright. Here it is. 56.

If I have the final say based on the criteria set by Cammo, then that is the official number. (Many, many people were eliminated based on that criteria.)

C
Cammo posted on Sat, Nov 3, 2007 9:23 PM

KATE WINS!

I think Buzzy has the prize. Maybe we can dress it up a bit more..

T

I'd like to disqualify myself since I did the count. (Please don't make me take the prize. :wink:)

C
Cammo posted on Sun, Nov 4, 2007 7:53 AM

H2O WINS!

Kate is officially disqualified even though she won fair and square!

I say Kate and H2O have a poker game to decide the real winner. They each get 100 chips. We could all make side bets.

On 2007-10-20 12:38, Babalu wrote:
uhhhhh, now "Chopniks", that's cool! Might have to change my vote :) ....or how about the "Pink Beavers"? Now that rolls off your tongue like candy.

Ooooh! Are you guys planning on carving the Tiki Trapper's Signature Tiki?

Ok, guys........my net is back on and my annoying house guest has gone back to Corona Del Mar. It REALLY sucked, trying to babysit someone while I was trying to take in the whole event this weekend, but that's over now. So........what the hell is going on?

H

Yes, what the hell is going on. Looks like maybe, hopefully, I will be there. after all it is on a :drink: :drink: SUNDAY :drink: :drink:

Oh, we're back on topic? Then it's time to ask...will we be having Kava???

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Nov 5, 2007 8:04 PM

I didn't know it was on a Sunday, so I probably can't come, but will drop a large amount of Kava at Babalu's for you knuckleheads! Somebody has to bring an unused nylon or something to hold it in while they massage it into the water. (I'll divide it into baggies that will do a salad-bowl at a time.)

B
Babalu posted on Mon, Nov 5, 2007 9:41 PM

Can Kiva have Kava?

I told Babes 1 & 2 that we were having Kava...Babe 2 said, YEAH - go big, or go home baby!

Kava it is...

We have some logs ready for any of you out there in TC Land that would like to give carving a try...the more the merrier!

We pulled some cool M-o-W mugs out of the kiln today...all different flavors.

C

Yea the Sunday thing might keep me away also....jammed up with work that needs to get done. Not positive yet but outlook is cloudy....

my mouth is still num from the kava last time....tastes like soapy metal...mmmmmm

Pages: 1 2 3 121 replies