Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

So Cal Fire Question

Pages: 1 12 replies

Is is just me, or does it seem odd that all of these fires started almost instantaneously all around southern California, but the news media has not mentioned anything about how peculiar this is or how they were started.

Is it just me, or does it seem like all the fires popped up all at once, all across So. Cal and there is a "media blackout" over what actually caused them?

My thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by the fires. We're here for you...please know we are ready and willing to do whatever we can to help!

[ Edited by: tiki-tina 2007-10-23 14:51 ]

while they have already indicated that at least one of the fires was arson, it's a relatively simple explanation. Wind.

The fires started when the wind picked up. wind carries things like cigarettes into areas that they normally wouldn't be and helps fan the flames.

Since the whole area was dry already, it didn't take much for the wind to make this happen.

This is one reason I hate it when people throw their cigarettes on the ground. The other key reasons are that I don't like my community treated like a garbage pile and it increases taxes to have to pay for the people who clean up after these people.

..sb

R

It's true that one of the fires is arson....but I agree with tikitina...seems all too suspicious that this happened at once and the media is toooo focused on the fires...smells like another conspiracy...

My heart goes out to the people who are affected by the fires. :(

high winds, dry weather ... doesn't take much to set us ablaze. I think Malibu started from a downed power line?

I think most of the fires in San Diego County are blamed on high Santa Ana winds (up to 90 MPH in some areas) downing high power lines (usually by falling trees) for the fire outbreaks. It's really had a disruptive effect on our everyday lives here. Schools are closed, Freeways closed, power outages, 300,000 people ordered to evacuate their homes and all the hotels, motels, school gymnasiums and Qualcom Stadium filling up with fire refugees. Even Governor Schwarzenegger visited yesterday to survey the disaster scene. "This is a terrible waste of prime realestate" he said (while flicking his lit cigar butt into a pile of dry leaves).

On 2007-10-23 15:56, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
Even Governor Schwarzenegger visited yesterday to survey the disaster scene. "This is a terrible waste of prime realestate" he said (while flicking his lit cigar butt into a pile of dry leaves).

Since when do you have leaves in SoCal?

Now here in Maine, it's another story. http://www.maine.gov/doc/foliage/report/

..sb

H
Heath posted on Tue, Oct 23, 2007 5:16 PM

[ Edited by: Heath 2008-01-09 22:38 ]

On 2007-10-23 17:07, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:

On 2007-10-23 15:56, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
Even Governor Schwarzenegger visited yesterday to survey the disaster scene. "This is a terrible waste of prime realestate" he said (while flicking his lit cigar butt into a pile of dry leaves).

Since when do you have leaves in SoCal?

It was marijuana leaves...dontcha know

MA

.......My nephew Andy is a Marine. He's in charge of a medical team at Camp Pendleton. As you can imagine, hes been pretty busy the last few days. The way I can show my thanks to him is "sponsoring" his Saturday night out, this Saturday! He's gonna come up & see his "Unca Jeff's" band, The Agents of VooDoo!! Apparently the poor boy has no taste in music what so ever!!!.................................Remy

On 2007-10-23 14:39, ravenne wrote:
It's true that one of the fires is arson....but I agree with tikitina...seems all too suspicious that this happened at once and the media is toooo focused on the fires...smells like another conspiracy...

If it is another conspiracy why don't they send one of those conspiracy fan favorite Man Made Katrina Hurricanes over to put out the fires?

Hmm?

• Love Boris

Bora Boris - Boss of the world

R

On 2007-10-24 20:42, Bora Boris wrote:
If it is another conspiracy why don't they send one of those conspiracy fan favorite Man Made Katrina Hurricanes over to put out the fires?

Hmm?

• Love Boris

Bora Boris - Boss of the world

But...

Goody-good gum drups?
~Ravvies?

Yer weird Borita!

On 2007-10-23 14:32, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:
while they have already indicated that at least one of the fires was arson, it's a relatively simple explanation. Wind.

The fires started when the wind picked up. wind carries things like cigarettes into areas that they normally wouldn't be and helps fan the flames.

Since the whole area was dry already, it didn't take much for the wind to make this happen.

This is one reason I hate it when people throw their cigarettes on the ground. The other key reasons are that I don't like my community treated like a garbage pile and it increases taxes to have to pay for the people who clean up after these people.

..sb

Oh don't get me started on butt-flinging idiots!!! I just hate that, people just don't realize the danger of such actions.

Yes the wind is part of the problem...it swirls around the canyons, same sort of pattern every year, then throw in an arsonist or two and the nightmare begins.

....and .5% humidity!

Pages: 1 12 replies