Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Trader Tom Bartending at Damon's Restaurant for One Night Only

Pages: 1 26 replies

Damon's Restaurant had a promotional fundraiser a couple of months ago where you could sign up to be a guest bartender for the evening. The profits went to a children's charity. Unfortunately, I missed out on it, but a couple of weeks ago I was talking to Megan and she arranged for me to have my shot at being a guest bartender. :)

MONDAY the 29th, I'll be filling in as bartender (with help from the restaurant) from 8pm to closing at 10pm. If you're interested in swinging by, please post here so I can get a head count and forward it to Megan to let her know what to expect.

The restaurant website with their info is at http://www.damonsglendale.com/

Hope to see you there!

Mahalo!!!

In.

Is Ilene going to be able to make it?

*On 2007-10-23 16:36, Bora Boris wrote:
*In.

Ditto!

D

sounds like fun we will be there for sure.

Cool! I'm glad you guys can make it. Spread the word. The more the merrier!!!

And, yes, Ilene should be able to make it.

Damons made up this poster for me:

On 2007-10-24 01:57, Trader Tom wrote:

That was my not so subtle way of asking how she's doing. :)

I'm pretty sure I'll be there.

On 2007-10-24 01:57, Trader Tom wrote:
Cool! I'm glad you guys can make it. Spread the word. The more the merrier!!!

Damons made up this poster for me:

I WOULDN'T MISS IT TOM! Is Capt. Stupid, Squirrel? & the rest of the Love Boat crew going to be there :D: I will be there & I will bring some some people, that makes 8 Kidding! I am so glad your doing this, it makes me happy! May I order a Tuki tuKi cOcKtaiL?

P.S. I will get is posted on my space, others feel free please :)

bump

M

Do people ever tell you "You look a lot like the bartender from Love Boat"?

On 2007-10-25 11:53, Murph wrote:

I know Tom does uh, everywhere we go people have to stop & ask us for Tom's autograph. It's so annoying! I wish the madness would just STOP!
See you there!

On 2007-10-25 11:53, Murph wrote:

I'm so proud of that picture. It was the first time I was able to tie a bow tie successfully! :)

I'll swing by if I can make it. The 29th will be a busy day for me.

Tom, I don't think you have aged a day since your Love Boat days either. See you Monday the 29th at 8:00 pm

T

Didn't you play ball for the Knicks?

Libby and I will try to make it. Very busy time of year for us, getting bats, broomsticks, and pernicious incantations wrangled, but we love Damon's (bar), and would like to see what brews Trader Tom will concoct (so it's a "school night", so what? It's Halloween week man. Just cut...)

Cheers,
SOK

On 2007-10-26 20:08, Son-of-Kelbo wrote:
Libby and I will try to make it. Very busy time of year for us, getting bats, broomsticks, and pernicious incantations wrangled, but we love Damon's (bar), and would like to see what brews Trader Tom will concoct (so it's a "school night", so what? It's Halloween week man. Just cut...)

Cheers,
SOK

Yeah man! A great pre-party to Halloween! Dude,,,,..... :D

bump biddy bump bump be there :music: I know it's a school night but come out & have a drink with us cool kids!

We are headin' out a bit early to have some dinner..... see ya there

I sharpened my mixology skills this weekend at a Halloween Party. Now I feel relaxed, toned, and ready!

Unfortunately, Ilene will not be able to make it this evening. The doctor gave her strict orders today to rest at home. Tests show the baby is nearing 8 pounds and they're probably going to induce her late next Tuesday (November 6th) for a delivery on the following Wednesday. She sends everybody her best, but she's going to hang out with her mother and watch some quality TV.

This may be my last bit of bartending for a while...I'll be working on my baby formula skills next. :)

See you at Damons!!!

I'm heading out the door now. I could really use a drink after the day I've had. :drink:

D

no dark rum for babies!

That was a lot of fun. Thank You Damon's and Thank You Trader Tom!

Trader Tom's version of a Damon's Mai Tai

New invention - Sailor Tom's Mai Tai

Good Night!

Thanks to Damons and thanks to everyone who turned out tonight!!!

Considering that the regular bartender wasn't told ahead of time that I was going to be sharing his space as a "Guest Bartender" things went surprisingly well.

I'm used to my little home bar where I can be as sloppy as I want and where I know just where everything is. This was a very different experience, but gave me a new appreciation for what full-timers go through. Among other things, I'm glad I brought my New York Bartending guide so when some guy asked me for a Kamikaze Martini, I could look it up.

Boris, thanks for the great pics!

Kelly, thanks for being such a great supporter, even if I didn't make your drinks fruity enough.

Cheeky Girl, thanks for coming out!

John, I owe you a mega-size Zombie from my home bar. The bottle of Pernod that Damon's had obviously hadn't been opened in years. I couldn't get the cap off to get at the 6 drops at the bottom and when I tried to substitute Sambuca for a licorice kick, I was so flummoxed I put way too much in! Not to mention there wasn't anything around for the special cinnamon additive (as per Sippin Safari). That drink really got away from me. Mahalo for the patience! If I was at home, I would have dumped it out and started over...

However, I think the Sailor Jerry (Sailor Tom) Rum Mai Tai for Boris turned out surprisingly well. I will be making more of those in the future!!!

Mahalos to everyone mentioned and not mentioned who supported this bartender in training! :)

Mai Tai & Good times! See you at your bar after the lil' tiki is born! Our best to Ilene, we missed her!

Tom, nice bartending skills. The "Sailor Tom Mai Tai" was quite tasty.
I professionally in the past, but I probably would have freaked and forgotten everything.
So here's to keeping you're cool and our drinks filled!

Good Seeing Everyone -- Good Times!

Pages: 1 26 replies