Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

VampTiki #4 (Pictures-page 3)

Pages: 1 34 replies

Original party in January got canceled due to the crazy storm...many of the usual suspects couldn't make the February reschedule...but we are on again for Saturday, March 22. I will resend eVites to the usual suspects.

Any TC friend is welcome...PM me for directions...the more the merrier.

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2008-03-23 18:30 ]

Darn!

We'll be in THAILAND, CAMBODIA and VIETNAM through that date! :(

But then again we'll be in THAILAND, CAMBODIA and VIETNAM!!! :lol:

We'll put on "Holiday in Cambodia" and raise a drink to all our Sacramento Ohana on that day though!
Party On! :drink:

Yes indeed...we will miss the Marketplace...but you'll be in good hands with The Dead Kennedys. :lol:

Bumpitty Bump!!! Get your arse to Sacramento for the New Year!!! PM me for an official invite. :tiki:

Vamp throws a mean party!!!!!! I cant wait to see the usual suspects...You mean bell bottoms went out of style?!?!?!??

the perfect party house, the perfect party hostess....be there or be square (retro)

H

"the ethereal sounds of live music"..??

Tell us more details! Who's performing?

Well...its not tiki...but think it will be a good fit for a groovy flashback. He is a local hippie that is a one-man band. Plays keyboards and wind instruments (even the didgeridoo). He has 6 CDs that are all original music, and he did his own cover art. I hope everyone will enjoy him. I heard him play at the Lincoln Thai Basil Restaurant and was impressed with him.

Maybe next party......live Don Tiki. :lol:

Chief Bartender and I will be there. We have something extra special for the gift exchange. Need an extra fondue pot? I have one with a lazy susan that rings it to hold the items to dip. We'll even bring the fondue.

Hey Brenda...if you want to bring your fondue pot, you are welcome to do so...the more the groovier. I have 3 electric pots and will be doing 2 different cheeses and one oil, and for dipping will have bread, vegies, and steak.

See ya Saturday. :tiki:

Will be there on Friday to help set up. Looking forward to this one. Notice you were posting at 5am today, I suspect Mimi and Kato may have something to do with that.

Those evil twins are waking me up at 5am every day (on my vacation)...ARGH!!! There are a ton of huge wild jack rabbits in the canyon and they are jumping around like they were in a shooting gallery...the cold weather has em all hyped up, so the kids are barking up a storm to try and herd them from their side of the fence.

I am going to be making the special drink concoction soon as it is a freezer thang...should be interesting. :drink:

You just never know who may show up.
especially if thar's sum drankin'....

Ain't you lucky, doll...? :wink:

Safe and Warm here in LA (well, not really since the M's and the P's sang it), I'll fire up some Ravi Shankar in psychic unity.

Wishing you a Happy Bash. Visualizing Whirled Peas. Oh, the colors...

SOK

That's part of the Sac posse slammin a few back at Ken's awesome bar.

Sunny SoCal...wish we had that weather...we are having one helluva storm. 8 counties are now under advisories, watches, or severe weather warnings. Blizzard in Tahoe, and we have intense rain and wind. From KCRA...Round two of rain is under way. This will be the worst of what we'll see. We will have heavy rain and strong winds through the morning with both easing somewhat for the afternoon. Wind gusts might be powerful enough to knock down trees and cause power outages. Rain will be heavy enough to cause some ponding of water on roads. Creeks and streams will rise but should stay within their banks due the dry weather we've had recently. If you live in an area that is prone to flooding, your time of concern will be Friday morning and early afternoon. Round three comes in Saturday afternoon with less wind, less rain but lower snow levels.

Get your arse to the party on Saturday, so we can eat, drink, and listen to the wind slam against the house!!!

Here comes the weather lesson...pay attention, there will be a quiz.

Pineapple Express (also, Pineapple Connection) is a non-technical, shorthand term popular in the news media for a meteorological phenomenon which is characterized by a strong and persistent flow of atmospheric moisture and associated heavy rainfall from the waters adjacent to the Hawaiian Islands and extending to any location along the Pacific coast of North America. The Pineapple Express is driven by a strong, southern branch of the Polar jetstream and is usually marked by the presence of a surface frontal boundary which is typically either slow or stationary, with waves of low pressure traveling along its axis. Each of these low pressure systems brings enhanced rainfall.

The conditions are often created by the Madden-Julian oscillation, an equatorial rainfall pattern which feeds its moisture into this pattern. They are also present during an El NiƱo episode.

The combination of moisture-laden air, atmospheric dynamics, and orographic enhancement resulting from the passage of this air over the mountain ranges of the West Coast causes some of the most torrential rains to occur in the region. Many Pineapple Express events follow or occur simultaneously with major arctic troughs in the Northwestern United States, often leading to major snowmelt flooding with warm, tropical rains falling on frozen, snow laden ground. Examples of this are the December 1964 Pacific Northwest flood and the Willamette Valley Flood of 1996.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2008-01-04 05:15 ]

Sorry about the cancellation...these crazy storms throw us native Californians for a loop. Will try to reschedule maybe in February...so post and let me know when we can all get together according to your schedule.

Thanks...and my apologies. :(

Marlene,
We weathered the storm ok.....but lost our phone (and tiki central) for 24 hours. I hope you and your mother are safe. I hope you got your power on. Driving around early today I sure saw alot of downed mature trees. We look forward to your next ''shindig''

Do you have electricity today. Are you and mom still in the dark. Be safe and tell mom I will see her this summer if not before.

PS. Linda and Sue lost their fence and the creek water spilled into their pool. What a mess.

Aye ya ya...I feel very lucky as I only had damage to the overhead fan on my patio and lost some fridge/freezer items. So many people had damage to cars and homes and even a few deaths noted. I worry about the SoCal Fire-Victims who may now be facing mud slides. It's crazy out there...stay safe everyone.

Hi Vamp I just logged on so I could look at the photos from your party. Horrors that the weather stopped all the fun. Dan and I drove to work when it wasn't raining and got off work when there was just a sprinkle. We missed the storm. It was really shocking to drive home past toppled trees and fences and flooded roadways. Our old rotted fence survived, we had no damage.

If your party was on the 9th or the 23rd I think we would be there fer sure!

Dan and Wendy

If you loose your power again we have a guest bedroom waiting for you.

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2008-01-08 18:18 ]

Thanks for the offer. :)

We are rescheduled for Saturday, February 23rd. Watch for your evite reminders.

VampiressRN......The 23rd works for me. I am so glad we won't miss it.

Oh Yeah, we will break out our tie/tye dyes and love beads. Let us know what you need us to bring too. Hugs, Wendy

OK....eVites sent again...we are good to go for Saturday, February 23. New poster on front page on this thread.

All ya need to bring is some kind of a salad. :)

....just when you think your making progress with your liver..........yeah we'll be there....with bells on......freakin' bells!

Some of the Sacramento gang couldn't make it next weekend, so have rescheduled to:

SATURDAY...MARCH 22nd (2pm TO 10pm)

I hope the musician can make the new date, but if he can't I have plenty of tunes to match the mood. All you usual Sacramento suspects...keep a watch out for the new eVite. :)

Groovy! Chief Bartender and I will be there with tie-dye and fringe on! The only thing that would keep us away is if our nephew needs us that day (he's going through chemo). Will bring salad.

if life is like a card game.........Beth and I are all in in!

Hi Vamp, the party on March 22nd is one we just can't miss. We were in highschool in the 60's. I will have to go through my closet and see if I can wear some of my real 60's clothes. I have hanging ear rings that I wore to a New Breed dance at my school. Tim Schimdt of the band New Breed went on to become a member of the Eagles, he the one with the really long hair. You can get New Breed music now on CD's.

Dan will be sure to find a tacky tiki for the exchange, I'll try to get one for myself to exchange too, the more the better.

Do you need us to bring any 60's music?

I'll bring something related to salad too. See you in 1 1/2 weeks, hugs, Wendy

Good deal...the usual suspects will make the scene. Maybe a few new folks will join us (invite open to any TCer...just PM me). :)

We should have our live zen musician on board, but if he doesn't show...not to worry, I have plenty of "Best of the 60's" CDs.

I will provide the fondue and drinks, so if you all bring a variety of salads, we will be able to cover our munchie needs.

GOT TWISTER!!!! :lol:

hope you've got some Sonny & Cher!!!!!!!!

I'm sure I can conjure some up. :music:

Just spoke to DrTikiMojo and he and Eva will not be able to join us this weekend so will try again in May when I have my next party planned.

Any Sacramento newbies wanna join us...send me a PM. :tiki:

We all had a great time, as usual. Thanks everyone for the wonderful hostess gifts and the great food. Kudos to Brad for the mixologist action. :)

This is a shout out for booty left at my house. Send me a PM so I can figure out how to get it back to you.
~Brad...juicer and the t-shirt you won from the "steal-a-gift"
~?...one black Kodak Easy-Share camera
~Duane/Ami...tiki birdhouse from "steal-a-gift"

================================================

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2008-03-23 18:34 ]

It was a perfect party with great conversation and music,
VampiressRN you rock!

Vamp, You sure know how to throw a party. Good Food, good drink, great people and once again I came home with some goodies for my tiki bar. (Thanks Duane and Amy!). It was also great meeting a new Sacramentikian! Welcome!

Well, I took away many memories of which, at this point in time escape me. Sorry it took so long to post, but Chicago computer options were slim.

Aside from the hangover and nearly wetting my pants on the way home, my better half won these wonderful items in the Tiki gift exchange..

The "Tiki Hammer" won these two "Gecko'z South Sea Arts Presents Joniece Frank's War God Sculpt 2007 by Wendy Cevola" banks.

I won a Tiki birdfeeder (I think)? which I will claim at a later date and bought a CD of Didgerdoo Dreams by Dave Harpe. I also think I bought Alohacurrent a limited edition Crazy Al tiki, Brenda a Coco Joe's letter opener (her birthday, Happy Birthday, Brenda) and Vamp a vintage Hawaiian pillow from newbie Tom French, peddling his wares, but I don't know, I was really drunk at the time!

As usual, a great party was thrown down by Vamp and if you have yet to attend, you really should get out and go!

I paid dearly for my sins the following day (Easter Sunday). Got over my fear of flying quickly, since all I was thinking about was my headache!

Thanks again Marlene, fabulous as always!

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2008-03-31 14:45 ]

Pages: 1 34 replies