Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Shopping Seattle

Pages: 1 2 replies

W

For locals and visitors, here's some source information for the Jet City.

The Hawai'i General Store is probably Seattle's best spot for everything Hawaiian, from "Mahalo for removing your shoes" signs to Hawaiian potato chips. Their selection of Tiki stuff is better than ever now with the addition of Tiki Farm mugs, Archie McPhee Tiki items, hand carved bamboo Tiki mugs ($17), a selection of vintage reproduction mugs (no maker mark), and small hand carved Tikis. They still carry the inexpensive KC CO Tiki mugs ($7) and plastic Hawaiian souvenir Tiki statues ($10-$20).
The store also has a great selection of Polynesian print fabrics (average $8.50 a yard); Aloha print back packs, car seat covers, and CD cases ($7); and large selection of Aloha shirts (from $30-$65). Grapefruit sized glass fish floats ready to hang are $4, and they have a good selection of bamboo windchimes. They also have a lot of party odds and ends including fancy toothpicks, straws, and napkins.

The Hawai'i General Store is located at 258 NE 45th Street (call for hours 206-633-5233). Easy to get to off of I-5...Coming from the north take the 45th Street exit and go right, coming from the south take the 45th Street exit and go left. The 45th Street exit is also the U of W exit.

If you continue west on 45th street and stay on the arterial (the main flow of traffic) you will eventually arrive at the Archie McPhee store located at 2428 NW Market (206-297-0240). You can see most of their Tiki stock on line, but you can only see their big not for sale Tikis at the store.

Downtown? Sur la Table (84 Pine Street 206-448-2244), about 20 feet from the Pike Street Market, keeps 2 nice mugs in stock...A Tiki mug in a greenish color (also sold at Urban Outfitters) and a brown bamboo patterned mug. $5.50 each. They also have a highball glass with a red dragon on it for $3 and the occasional interesting swizzle stick.

I visited the Hawaii General Store in March and really loved it!

For those coming up or down for Seattle events in the next couple of months, I highly reccomend a visit.

any Seattleites looking for fish nets and cork/wood/glass floats.. theres a new vendor at the Fremont Sunday Market..and he's got stuff mega cheap! the cork or wood floats are 25 cents to a buck.. i didnt look at the glass floats, as they're baseball sized.. sorta small. and lots of nice netting!

Pages: 1 2 replies