Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

A map to Tiki Island (Texas)

Pages: 1 2 replies

T

While I was caught up in an aimless meeting today, I did some browsing and 'discovered' Tiki Island, Texas. This neighborhood seems to has been discussed only briefly in TC. So here is a map and all street names (it was a really long meeting). BTW, this neighborhood is located off I-45, just north of Galveston

Streets:
Admiral Circle
Bama Bend
Bamboo Drive
Bora Bora Drive
Cataway Street
Cocoanut Street
Coral Way
Copra Street
Diamond Head Court
Diamond Head Drive
Easterly Drive
Ensign Drive
Hana Drive
Harbour Circle
Hawaii Drive
Isles End Road
Jeanie Lynn Circle
Kah Me Ha Drive
Kona Drive
Lanai Street
Leilani Drive
Lokai Street
Lotus Drive
Long Reach Drive
Maui Drive
Majuro Drive
Makatea Street
Mango Drive
Moorea Street
Neptune Circle
Oahu Drive
Outrigger Drive
Palmetto Drive
Papete Street
Paradise Drive
Port O Call Street
Sampan Drive
Short Drive
Sunset Circle
Tahiti Road
Tamana Drive
Tiki Drive
Tiki Main
Quayside Drive
Wahini Way
Wingsong Way
Westerly Drive
Windward Way

G

My wife and kids think I'm nuts (I am), but I have really wanted to do this to our neighborhood for quite a while. Our neighborhood is named on a theme too, but it's all English themed (in name only, not appearance), with "villages" like Oxford, Cambridge, Avon, Yorkshire, etc. I would love to rip off the English names and replace them with Tahiti, Bora Bora, Hawaii, Samoa, etc along with matching Bosko shields and masks. Maybe I should get on the board of the homeowner's association and turn this place into Tiki Paradise. I mean, it would really go with my decor and all. I'm sure everyone won't mind...

Yep, cool names, but that's about it.

I did my reconnaissance mission there for TRT2 and found cool names and a sign with a tiki but no tikis (other than a few on peoples' porches).

But I did learn that during the summer months, the community puts out 2 or 3 tikis in the central park area. They are removed for the other months to keep them from rotting (or disappearing, I bet). Or blowing away - we get big storms in Texas!

F

Pages: 1 2 replies