Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Paper Mache Tiki Art Piece - What do you think?

Pages: 1 10 replies

MA

Aloha TCers!
My brother who inherited all the artistic talent was intrigued when I told him about the tiki art that I had seen and bought via mugs and paintings. He created this papermache piece of tiki art that is done in layers and has a better 3d effect in person. He sketched it out and then did the cut and paste to build it out, then painted it. Most of it is paper but the leaves are real. He is curious about what TCers think of his first tiki piece and this form of tiki art. So what does everyone think?
Constructive criticism is welcome. Mahalo in advance.

H
hewey posted on Sat, Nov 3, 2007 10:07 PM

First of all, I like seeing all different mediums of tiki art, so I always welcome new ones. I love seeing what other creative types come up with. :D

I would love to see some more pics (get some bigger shots so we can see the details better, and some angled shots so we can appreciate the 3D effect).

Im keen to see a more traditional tiki in this style :D

that's sweet dude and i love the backround but i can't tell if its 3-D maybe because of the picture quality. Did he do anymore?

I agree with hewey....nice to see the different mediums....would love to see more traditional tiki as well as what your brother has already done...so keep up the great work and post more pictures. :)

Big Brother is watching. I am the Angry artist and this is my work.

Better picture? what do you think?(let me Guess, learn how to use your Camera)

Dude:

Big Brother is watching and wanting. Take some more pix, then post them on ebay and see what interest is generated. I heard from someone who saw them in person and though tiki isn't her taste, she thought they were "awesome". If they don't sell, they look like they would make great Christmas gifts. ;>)

These are made out of black construction paper and colored pencils.

S
sungod posted on Tue, Apr 8, 2008 8:17 PM

Nice!

Pages: 1 10 replies