Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

New Fender (Not so Tiki) Mug Project

Pages: 1 30 replies

Yo, fellow Tiki-centralites...

I probably SHOULDN'T do this, but what the heck, you won't tell anybody, will ya? Here's the NEW Fender Mug set, Rigor Morty and the Dirtnappers...We've been working hard with a super secret mug source (no, I can't tell you that it's Holden, so don't ask...!), as well as a super secret artist (No, I can't tell you it's Squid, so Don't Ask!) who did the mug and artwork designs for the box! It's a set of four, and...oh, hell...Just look at the pic, let us know what you think! Just for reference, the drummer is approximately 7" tall, and holds a good amount of your favorite refreshment (whatever rum that may be...)

Coming in 45-60 days, or sooner...More details to follow!

Peace, Fender Tiki (AKA rk)

B

Your secret is safe with me!
Hey everybody, meet me on the corner at 9:00!
Looks like a super mug set that I'm sure you aren't going to make enough of. Put Me on the list
GO Fender!

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Nov 6, 2007 4:39 PM

I really like rigor Morty. Has a classic style about him. Might even go great with the Guitar Hero III crowd. Strange though, my favorite guy has no tiki ties, expect for his mates.

B
Babalu posted on Tue, Nov 6, 2007 4:50 PM

Squid freakin blows me away...how the hell did he cast those?

MR

I'm freaking out! Those mugs rule.
Cost?

M

These are trickier then most that we've ever done- greenware bonding, stilting and an extra run through the kiln. The finger action on the frets is about as lifelike as it gets, a couple fingers hitting, a couple lifted. Tight specs on the guitar sculpts themselves. My personal favorite is Rob DeGraves. Working with Fender is a blast!

C
Cammo posted on Tue, Nov 6, 2007 5:46 PM

Really nice work, boyz.

Love the glow-in-the-dark monster rock 60's look - will this be sold as a set only? And are those amplifiers standing behind them?

My kid just got a used Fender Strat & amp, and a new Fender Sonoran acoustic. He wants one of these too!

Christmas?

T

Those are some of the grooooviest ghouls I've ever seen!!!!!! You're secret is safe with me as well! Where do I sign up?

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Nov 6, 2007 5:53 PM

And are those amplifiers standing behind them?

Grave stones

B
Babalu posted on Tue, Nov 6, 2007 6:43 PM

Hey Holden,

Thank's - Greenware bonding & stilting - I must read up. You two fellas are quite the Dynamic Duo! Just think how boring the world of tiki mug collecting would be without you two in the fray....Congrats again on a job masterfully done.

S
squid posted on Tue, Nov 6, 2007 7:21 PM

Squid? I don't know no stinkin' Squid! That's absolute crazy talk.
:wink:

Crazy genius Talk!
Stunning!
You can't keep these Secret for long!

I like those suckers alot!! I want!!

Kinda makes me think of the Ghastly Ones mug that will be comin out soon.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2007-11-06 20:57 ]

C
Cammo posted on Tue, Nov 6, 2007 9:17 PM

How about a green drink for these that glows under a black light?

Or black light - friendly packaging?

Perfect sculpts that capture that vintage monster look. The glaze really completes the whole look. Can't wait to blow all my money trying to get the set!

S
squid posted on Tue, Nov 13, 2007 6:11 PM

Well folks, here's a sneak peak at the box art in progress.
Design and ink by Squid.
Fabulous color and layout by Tiki Bai.
Teeny tiny little guitars by Fender.

GT

Very Cool, Great Work!

R

That is so adorably awesome!

Love it! :D

Any more news on these Mugs???? Very Cool Guys....If there is a list, sign me up!!!

I saw them live in concert at the Farm yesterday.

Super Bitchin!

..to say the least!

T

Any updates on this set?

Any news on availability?

Fender is advertising them in the 2008 Accessories Product Guide, BTW.

T

Nice way to spend my Gov't cheese......if I was going to get some !!!

fendertiki --

Any news?

I

The catalog lists the four mugs together at $99.99

However, the catalog does not provide a phone number, nor are the Zombie mugs listed on Fender's catalog website.

I called Fender's Consumer Relations number - they said the item appears to be out of stock, and they could not tell whether more mugs will be available in the future ---- probably a generic response for any query like mine.

My guess is that the mugs are in still in production, or stuck in some post-production holding area, and aren't quite available to the public yet.

I

Last week I tracked down a place who was willing to order a set of these mugs for me. Today I received a call from them - they said there was a problem with the production run, and rather than sell them with a minor error, the powers that be have decided to redo the entire set. They said it would be about three months before an acceptable set of mugs would become available to the public.

So I will wait three months ......

..... so I had to wait 5 months instead of 3 months, but the mugs are now finally available on the Tiki Farm website.

Vern

I

.... and they just arrived at my door yesterday, and I must say how wonderful they are.

The monster mugs are much larger than I had thought they would be. The tallest 'Rob DeGraves' monster mug stands even taller (9") than the recent gray Bamboo Ben mug, and holds an equivalent amount of drink.

They are quite nice to hold in ones hand - the 3-D nature of the mold, and the empty space created between the bodies and the guitars makes it quite appealing.

It is a great bargain - 4 cool mugs, for less than $25 each.

we just got 4 sets in at DELUXE in Edmonton !
They are as great as folks claim and more !
Fantastic work and really a fun direction for this whole mug thing!

Pages: 1 30 replies