Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The Tiki Tub Transformation

Pages: 1 3 replies

What started out as a small backyard project quickly got out of control. I found a good deal on a small hot tub for my backyard. After I got it hooked up I thought " This is great but, it needs a gazebo or something over it, wait, i got it, Ill build a tiki hut!".

The retractable roof is made from heavy-duty sunbrella material that is hung from steel cables. I added some plants and a couple stone moai

I found a nice tiki mask (thanks tiki lee)

Ater about a month we decided that the little tub was just not big enough so I found another one (good ole craigslist). This one was a 7 person model complete with fiber optic lights, mister, CD player with surround sound and subwoofer, and all the Jet-action you could ever need. I also expanded the tiki hut to cover this larger tub.

I found a water ripple effect light that was used in a nightclub and added a red filter. The result was a perfect lava-flow efftect that is projected on the ceiling.

For now in enjoying the hell out of this setup but I have some big plans for next summer. Eventualy id like to build a "Tiki Grotto" with caves and waterfalls and of coarse a nice bar. Still in the planning stages though.

La Verandah is in awe. Truly, I am prostrate with admiration...

That looks great...need a little greenery in there. Keep up the great work...bet you will have some fun parties there. :wink:

Yeah definitely need some more plants. Its tough to find tropical plants that will hold up in the hot dry heat we have here in Vegas.

Pages: 1 3 replies