Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

"The DVD of Tiki" Secret U.S. Premiere in L.A. - TONIGHT Nov.15!!

Pages: 1 6 replies

Secret Late Night screening of "The DVD of Tiki". This will be the very first U.S. screening of the most expensive Tiki Documentary ever shot:

"ARMCHAIR TRAVELLING IN THE WORLD OF TIKI is a fully packed DVD including everything that will make a Tiki Lover’s heart go crazy. Our guerilla film crew has travelled the Pacific for 101 days to capture both, the true South Sea and its pop culture reinvention. You will get insight in the work of veteran and present day tiki artists: Writers, musicians, painters, carvers, illustrators and, of course, bartenders. Meet all the exciting tiki people in detailed interviews - travel to all the magic places in Polynesia and beyond."

The cast includes: All Knepper, Annette Nahinu, Bamboo Ben, Benzart, Bob van Oosting, Bosko, Combustible Edison, Charlie McPhee, Crazy Al, Danny Gallardo, Desoto Brown, Don Tiki, Douglas Nason, Edgar Leeteg, Eve Bergeron, Eric Askew, Flounder, Gecko, Greg Escalate, Henry Tavioni, Holden Westland, I Belli Di Waikiki, Jeff Berry, Joe Vitale, Kevin Kidney, King Kukulele, Leroy Schmaltz, Kern Mattai, Judd & the Maikai Gents, Martin Denny, Mike Buhen, Miles Thompson, Moritz R, Otto von Stroheim, Shag, Swanky, Sunny Buick, Sven Kirsten, The Bali Hai Boys, Cyril Lefebvre & The Ukulele Club de Paris, The Millionaire, Tiki Tony, Virani le Beachcomber, April & Stefan Walz, Wayne Coombs and many more!

The director Jochen Hirschfeld and editor Schlango will be on hand for a Q & A with King Kukulele afterward.

This exclusive screening will take place TONIGHT Nov. 15!! at 11PM
Echo Park Film Center
1200 N. Alvarado Street (@ Sunset Blvd)
Los Angeles, CA 90026

For more info: (213)500-5464

[ Edited by: KING KUKULELE 2007-11-15 04:06 ]

Ooooh, how exciting...hopefully to be followed by fervent online purchasing of dvd. I am looking forward to it. :)

JB

I'm sorry I will not be able to be there. I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Tonight will be a screening of Volume I of a two volume set. There's never been anything made like this before. Don't worry though, if you can't make it tonight it will be available someday in the future on DVD for home viewing.

T

On 2007-11-15 16:46, KING KUKULELE wrote:
It will be available someday in the future.

Damn, that sounds too long to wait. But I guess I will have to.
:tiki:-teakey

I have kept my eye on the website for a while. Sorry I will miss the premiere...hope there isa good turn-out and great press. :)

Shit, it's about time.
I look forward to seeing it.
King!
Any holiday season screenings? :)

Pages: 1 6 replies