Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Ti 12/28/07

Pages: 1 2 57 replies

Friday,Dec. 28th. They open just for a couple of days during the holidays.
Shit, I haven't been there in three years.
I need to start the New Year right.
I hope I can see some of you fellow TCers there.

ALOHA!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga 2007-11-17 03:33 ]

I will be off the week of X-mas to New Years, So barring any unforseen
problems I will be there.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Might have to show up for, one.

...and kiss my Bunga Buddy good bye!!!

Ben,

I like your promo tag line:

Bamboo Ben Custom Tropical Decor!
I build stuff for you!
Google search me and see!

Just one question. Is that a google cavity search?

I will be there too. I just hope Mike and Mike don't serve Unga any flaming drinks.

From website:

On 2007-11-17 19:31, RevBambooBen wrote:

You're buddy isn't going anywhere. The whole thing is a farce to get you to kiss him.

The Whale Rider and I will be there!!

Utopiandreem & I will make it as well.

wow!! Unga BUnga is draggin out all the big guns.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

H

It's looking like I'll be there. Probably earlier in the evening, but there nontheless.

Looking forward!

I hope all can make it early as I want to Jam down to San Deigo to catch a show at 10 pm.
aw hell I might have to skip it.
will post later when I am sure.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

TofuJoe and I will be making it there early, since my asthma prohibit my ability to deal with lotsa smoke. Ah well...

Go Early - Go Often!

T

On 2007-12-19 22:27, Haole'akamai wrote:
TofuJoe and I will be making it there early, since my asthma prohibit my ability to deal with lotsa smoke. Ah well...

Go Early - Go Often!

##########################################

'Lotsa smoke' If u see Bamboo Ben.. run for your inhaler !!!!

Quiting 1st. of the year ...Right Mr. B.?

Rob Roy and I will be present as well as some folks from the Fedora lounge who were at TO7

What time are we planning on meeting at??

I think we were planing on around opening it will be friday I don't feel like waiting in line

I am going to try to be there by 7:00pm. The Whale Rider and myself are comming from a party in the O.C.

H

CheekyGirl and I will be there. :)

I won't be able to get there until around 10:00.

If anyone is still there it will be great to see you and anyone who leaves before I get there I will put a curse on. :o

Boris, you break my heart...

hey all,
I am gonna be there around 6 pm, and JonPaul and my friend Kristena, will hopefully be there around that time too.
we are going to leave at 9 pm ish, and go to a show at Safari Sams down Sunset a mile or so.
The show is Deke Dickerson, and Big Sandy and his Fly Rite Boys.
hope some of yall will go with us.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2007-11-20 21:14, Jungle Trader wrote:

You're buddy isn't going anywhere. The whole thing is a farce to get you to kiss him.

This is not a going away party.
Just a Tiki Ti get together to start the new year.

Ya, avoid the crowd. I will get there early too.
Can't wait for a Ray's Mistake!

On 2007-12-26 21:52, Unga Bunga wrote:

On 2007-11-20 21:14, Jungle Trader wrote:

This is not a going away party.
Just a Tiki Ti get together to start the new year.

Ya, avoid the crowd. I will get there early too.
Can't wait for a Ray's Mistake!

Gonna have to miss saying goodbye to ya Bunga! at your Surprise Going Away Party at Tiki Ti this Fri.

This damn cold/flu/curse of the Tonga Hut BB mug launch/sickness thang, keeps coming and going.

Will be thinking of ya when you're over in Scottland!

Have a safe trip. Dress warm.

I'll be there, I need a Ray's Mistake. BTD - I haven't seen Big Sandy in a while so I might need to make a trip over to Safri Sam's after.

T

Haole'Akamai and I will be there at opening. We'll probably be staying only a few hours depending on the smoke level and then we'll be heading out to see Big Sandy.

Can't wait to finally get in the door, I already know what my first drink is going to be!

On 2007-12-27 16:30, TofuJoe wrote:
Can't wait to finally get in the door, I already know what my first drink is going to be!

The Blue Margarita? :roll:

WHEEL OF INDECISION

Oh, I think I'll stop into Tiki Ti tomorrow for a drink or two. I'll try to be there when the doors open. Looking forward to seeing you all! Sounds like a fun night!

Be good to see you all! See ya

Tiki Ti road trip! I'll be there for the duration of the evening.

J

Damn! Wish I didn't have to work!

MT

On 2007-12-27 18:20, Bora Boris wrote:

On 2007-12-27 16:30, TofuJoe wrote:

The Blue Margarita? :roll:

No, silly Boris, it will surely be the Jim's Special! :D

T

Road Trip starting now!

See you all soon with drink in hand.

Mmmmmmmmm Jim's special.
what a way to celebrate the holidays,
Jah man.

gonna be there around 6 ish.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

The show at Safari Sam's says
Big Sandy,
Deke Dickerson, and
Russel Scott and the Red Hots,
15 bucks,
doors at 8
I assume show is 9 pm.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

H

Can't make it this time. :(

Me neither. Chained to the oars as '08 rows in. But best aloha to Mike and Mike and everybody who can, and welcome home BBT.

Happy New Year, and Cheers Nui Nui!
SOK

I was there...and there was someone taking pictures. Has someone posted them yet?

FG.

It was late but I got there.

Last call with Hanford, Tikitastic and Unga Bunga.

Sorry I missed a few of you I wanted to wish you a Happy New Year! I got to The Tiki TI about 9:00 then headed for Safari Sam's was gonna hit Tiki Taix too but all the "T's" here just got in the way :wink: It was all fun!

O

Will post some pictures after my hangover wears off, I think I got some but I'm not sure I had film in my camera.
Wait a minute, what am I saying? I was using a digital camera. Ray's Mistake really were a mistake for me last night. Ow!
Now if I can just remember where my camera is? Great seeing everyone at Tiki Ti and Safari Sam's.
Happy New Year all.

An excellent time was had.
Tiki Ti!!

I

goodtimes indeed! Good to see all of ya!
But I must say, for those of your who may take the try this..... Two thighs at Pioneer Chicken across the street from the Ti. Counter acts a Rays Mistake (thats all I know at this point). Bucketfull null's a stealth? Gonna have to try that.

Pioneer Chicken............ There's chicken in that batter somewhere.... I swear it!

Definetly good times, wish I could have hung at the Ti a tad longer, or that the show at Safari Sams was at the Ti( ha ha ha)
but the show at SS was Stellar,
glad to see a bunch of theNor Cal. Crew down, hope yall had a good time, and
enjoyed the drinks at Tiki Ti for the 1st timers.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Tiki Ti at 5:30 pm Friday night. I can hear voices inside coming from the fan portholes above the door.

I pound on the door, "Hey Mike, it's Tim, can I come in early to take some pictures before you open the door?" Someone pounds back.
I try again. It's getting Fing cold out here.

Mike Sr finally invites me in and I start taking pictures.

"Thats quite a rum collection you have Mike "

Have you been to Forbidden Island? Mike asks me. "Martin has almost two hundred rums, now that's a collection."
Mike suggests I get some pictures of the art work in the women's room before the door opens. "Guys usually don't get to see those"

Just as I leave the women's room I get glared at by a customer striding in the second they open the door. She gives me a WTF were you doing in there look.

The bar stools are instantly taken, within 10 seconds all 12 are claimed.
Do you have any flaming drinks I ask? "The Lapu Lapu used to be a flaming drink until there was an accident one time" I tell them about Unga's Tiki Crawl Kinko's incident in October. "That's why we don't serve them here anymore" laughs Mike.
Unga Bunga arrives and I give him a Kinko's card for a momento of that Tiki Central webcast he made famous that night. Hakalugi looks on.

I remember watching it live, like Memorex, well almost. It was live though.

I had a small pile of pictures on the table from the Las Vegas Trader Vic's for people to enjoy, I mean appreciate?
No, that's the wrong word too.
We... goofed on them, yeah, that's it! Goofed on them (way to go Doc) Vic would be...

Is it just me or does this look like a hospital waiting room?

My pocket Tiki and I went in checked out the bar. I can't repeat his comments here.
I asked the LVTV manager this week, "Isn't head candy a nickname for cocaine?"

Haole'Akamai forgot her clown suit (so she says) so no Voodoo Priestess in honor of poor Andy.

A moment of silence for poor Andy who loved Tiki and the Scottish Clown Doctor's.

Hanford gives Haole a special Monolux edition of the game of Life and her very own paper wallet.

Bigbro and Naomi show up without the bug infested carving so no pictures of it.

Tigerlily recounted the sand storms endured at Burning Man this year.
Lots of cool pictures you got there Tigerlily (Yeah, I want to pay $300.00 to camp for a week in the burning desert) But then again, hundreds of nude women on bikes at once?

Maybe I 'd go with a RV.

My childhood friend and fellow urban archeologist surprised me and showed up.

Doc Shocker, Rob Roy and Ickabod from the Cult of the Eyestopped by one the way to some shriner meeting I guess.

The Fedora Gang and friends.

PhiPiRo and Hanford.

Whale Rider and Sperm Whale

Tigerlily, her friend and Grog.

John Paul and Bigtikidude.

Gil the Tiki Ti webmaster and friemd.

Are you kidding me?

Haole'Akamai shows how to correctly model a new Eye of the Goof mug.

Did anyone ever see that British movie How to get ahead in Advertising? Theres something about this photo? Anyone remember it besides me?
I spotted Kirby across the room and some other TCers kept Unga out of trouble.
Tiki Ti patrons helped to make it impossible for me to navigate so I was off to Safari Sam's to join the others.
The drink menu on the way out ( I knew it was time to go)

Spotted these cards on the wall.
Happy New Year Humu Humu we all missed you there.

I had wanted to make this the first OJTV webcast on Justin but couldn't get it all together yet. EVDO. 3G, Wi Fi, I ended up saying WTF,
I'll do it this spring. So pictures are better than nothing.

[ Edited by: ojaitimo 2008-01-12 10:23 ]

Thanks for posting some pic's Ojaimito. It was nice to meet you!!

Safari Sam's for my first time.

John Paul, Kirby and Bigtikidude

Hey, you spilled beer on me you jerk!

Deke Dickerson

Susy and Adam

Hiphipahula, Polly,Tigerlily,her friend and Bigtikidude

Grog, Haole'Akamai , Tofu Joe and Tigerlily's friend

I was kind of in shock from flashbacks of sorts for a while. I just turned 53 and when I was a toddler here in LA, my brothers would take me out with them. My oldest Johnny played guitar and stand up bass in a local band, he wore Hawaiian shirts and played chess. My other brother Joel was in the Toppers car club. Black leather jacket, Levi's cuffed. hair slicked back. He and his buddies thought of Johnny as a geek until his band he had with a guy named Maurice from Africa began performing rockabily calypso. They played locally in the late fifties. The Toppers car club dug the music in spite of Johnnies look they thought it was cool. Not realizing I wasn't a teenager myself I tried hard to blend into that group going with them to Tiny Naylor's, various drive in car hops, drag strips, pool halls. I was the youngest teen in LA in the fifties, the girl's were amused as I recall.

Here I was at Safari Sam's 50 years later.
Same look that I remember. Like a time capsule in front of me, the same music, clothes, vibe. This was cool and I was transported back in time.
The house rocked to Deke Dickerson and Big Sandy.

[ Edited by: ojaitimo 2008-01-04 09:36 ]

Pages: 1 2 57 replies